PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

RedChino is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/25/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5★ | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

crash in the sense that it would not go past launching htc sense. i have about 200 contacts.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Re: [5/25/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5★ | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

try to walk away from it for a bit. 200 hundred contacts shouldn't bother it, but I can't run Sense because it gets bogged down with my contacts. I have 5500 contacts, though. If I do run sense, it takes a good 15 minutes to boot up. I uncheck sense and run SPB Pocket Plus. Hope this helps!

matt
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

any way I can get back the music player? It kept freezing then I was getting an error about the short cut failing to locate the application.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC6800); Touch Pro; Touch Pro2

Shahriar5252 is just getting started

Hi chris1683 and thank you for the latest version of your Sprint Lovers ROM. I have been looking for a ROM specific for Sprint's TP2 with wm6.5.3 or wm6.5.5 and yours is the only one I have found, and its start menu apps are very elegantly divided into folders. I wish Microsoft had thought of that.

I hope you can also include the threaded email capability of the latest wm6.5.5 builds into future versions of this ROM.

The only problems that I have experienced are as follows:

1) the phone's keypad still comes out invisible and I have to slide out the keyboard and put it back in for the invisibility to be resolved in portrait mode.

2) After sending an SMS text message, the X button remains gray when I press it to minimize SMS and the phone freezes for 10-15 seconds before becoming responsive and minimizing the SMS menu.

3) I disabled HTC's notification manager in the taskbar so that when I press the taskbar, the wm6.5.x menu pops out. However, when I have Sprint TV turned on in landscape, this wm6.5.x menu does not come out in landscape and instead switches sprint TV to portrait mode.

For those interested n disabling HTC's notification manager to same some RAM, here is how:
[HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER]
“Flags”=dword:4 (default value is 0)

4) I have been using Tarkim's CDMA Rhodium's Keyboard Controller for mapping my physical buttons. I have set it to turn off the screen and lock the device, but I have made exceptions for not remapping the power button when I turn on Sprint Navigation. That is, when I click on the power button in Sprint Navigation, the power button is to do only its native task of turning off/on the screen. However, on your ROM, when I click on the power button in Sprint Navigation a few times, the device gets locked and I have to enter the password, which is not convenient when I am driving. Is there any thing special about the way that your ROM maps the power button that interferes with the Rhodium keyboard controller mapping of the power button?

5) One time, when my battery ran low and my device turned itself off, I took the battery out put in a replacement battery in to turn on the device. The device turned on fine, but the password screen would not accept my password. I had not changed the password, and I tried to put in the password using the keyboard too to no avail. And yes, my keyboard was not on capital locks, and it wouldn't matter because my password was a simple few-number password. I ended up having to do a hard reset. Here is an XDA thread in which many other people with custom ROMs have experienced wm6.5 forgetting their passwords as well.

6) You have disabled the Network services tab in the phone settings menu. Here is how I re-enabled it:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting]
ShowCDMAServicePage=dword:1 (default value in Sprint Lovers ROM is 0)

For those who are interested in getting the Roam only mode feature in this menu or a quick app that will put a nice app in the start menu to do it, I will post the cabs to this post.

7) As with all other ROMs (official or cooked), the BT notification keeps popping up when the device pairs with a BT that does not allow wm6.5 to control the volume. For those interested in turning off that annoying warning, here is the registry edit on how to enable doing it from the Sounds and Notifications Menu or just install the cab I am attaching to this post:

For newer ROMs and devices, create the following key and dwords:
[HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{1CBF334F-99CC-4835-B930-E3568FE5B2C7}]
"BT Volume Warning"=stringvalue:Default
"AvailableOptions"=dword:9
"Options"=dword:0
"Duration"=dword:0
"Wave"=stringvalue:[leave this string value empty]

P.S. The cabs are not mine. I have found them on PPCGeeks or XDA. So thank their makers. chris1683 once again thank you for the Sprint Lovers ROM, and I hope you will have time to address the above problems for a newer version of this ROM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

808MOB is a n00b

thank you for your hard work
Old 10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lightbulb Enable opening rtsp mobile YouTube clips from Opera 9.7 in Sprint Lovers ROM

I flashed Sprint Lovers ROM on my TP2, but I could no longer open any clips from m.youtube.com from my Opera Browser v9.7, and this was very annoying. So here what I found from another thread to solve this problem:

1) type "opera:config" into your opera address bar
2) select "user prefs"
3) select "custom user agent" and delete the field's value and save.

Or go to
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Opera\Prefs\User Prefs] and create or modify the following:
“Custom User-Agent”=stringvalue:

Note: leave the value or the above string value blank or enter the following as suggested by puff601 in another PPCGeek thread:
Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2

Note: the default value for Sprint Lovers ROM of this string value is:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380

Hopefully this tweak can one day be incorporated into an updated version of Sprint Lovers ROM. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cause of dialer's disappearance issue and idea for a fix

Latest version of Sprint Lovers ROM still suffers from serious glitches associated with its dialer because the dialer (specifically phcanhtc.dll) was extracted from a GSM device. Here is a list of all the problems, and I am also posting pictures:

1) Error of the center keypad button in menubar overlapping the left softkey of menubar. Rotastrain in an XDA thread has described this problem and solved it by using a modified GSM phcanhtc.dll and its corresponding phcanrc.dll. I installed these dlls on my device and it brings up a dialer with a fixed overlapping problem, but when I go into a call, the call menu is missed up. Along with my three pictures, I am posting Rotastrain's two pictures about this problem and a zipped file with his modified phcanhtc.dll and phcanrc.dll, which were originally obtained from a GSM dialer.

2) The dialer keypad sometimes is invisible unless the keyboard is opened and closed.

3) In landscape, a scroll bar is visible, and it blocks the phone buttons.

4) In landscape mode, the conference button appears, but this is a feature not supported by Sprint on its CDMA network. Again, this button appears because the dialer dlls of Sprint Lovers ROM are from a GSM dialer.

5) Double arrow data bars are always on in Sprint Lovers ROM because the version of phcanhtc.dll in this ROM is from a GSM dialer. GSM networks have simultaneous voice and data for their 3G, but CDMA 3G are an older generation of 3G called EVDO, which don't have simultaneous voice and data. So CDMA phcanhtc.dll and PhoneCanvas.dll must behave is such a way that the double data arrow bars go gray when no data is being transferred.

REQUEST:
Can anyone extract the dialer of Sprint TP2 from last official Sprint TP2 ROM, which was released at the end of March '10? A custom modification of the official Sprint CDMA TP2's phcanhtc.dll by a smart programmer can get rid of the overlapping problem as has been done by others for GSM TP2.

In the meanwhile, I am interested in the following files from the latest official Sprint TP2 ROM because their use in Sprint Lovers ROM may get rid of most of the above mention problems:

phcanhtc.dll
phcanImages.dll
phcanImages2.dll
phcanOverbmp.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanrc.dll.0409.mui
phone.dll
PhoneAdvanced.dll
PhoneAdvanced.dll.0409.mui
PhoneCanvas.dll
PhoneChooser_01.bmp
PhoneExt_Service.dll
PhoneSetting.dll

CallBarring.htm
CallerID.htm
CallForwarding.htm

DialerMenuExt.dll

Incall_divider.bmp
IncomingCall.bmp
IncomingCall_title.bmp
Incall_02_B.bmp (this may not exist)

all the pictures that begin with "Call", "Dialer", or "dialpad"

any other file that you think is part of the dialer

Last edited by Shahriar5252; 12-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM
N00b

aishihikari is becoming a great contributor

Hello Shariar5252;

I am curious why you stay with this ROM.

I enjoyed using this ROM when I first got my TP2 but I don't think there will be any more development on this ROM.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishihikari View Post
Hello Shariar5252;

I am curious why you stay with this ROM.

I enjoyed using this ROM when I first got my TP2 but I don't think there will be any more development on this ROM.
Hello aishihikari:

I was frustrated with the inadequacies of the official Sprint TP2's latest wm6.5 that was released in March. I wanted a Sprint-specific ROM that has wm6.5.x and nothing much on top of it except tweaks that addressed the inadequacies. Sprint Lovers ROM is the only one that I know of so far that has a wm6.5.x Sprint-specific ROM for TP2 with not much more added or taken away. If you know of another better wm6.5.x Sprint-sprint specific ROM, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:21 PM
N00b

aishihikari is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahriar5252 View Post
Hello aishihikari:

I was frustrated with the inadequacies of the official Sprint TP2's latest wm6.5 that was released in March. I wanted a Sprint-specific ROM that has wm6.5.x and nothing much on top of it except tweaks that addressed the inadequacies. Sprint Lovers ROM is the only one that I know of so far that has a wm6.5.x Sprint-specific ROM for TP2 with not much more added or taken away. If you know of another better wm6.5.x Sprint-sprint specific ROM, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Hello Shahriar5252;

In the forum for TP2 there is the CDMA TP2 upgrade page. There you could try VINdows, Sharkie, Leidpoizen, NRGZ, they all work fine on Sprint. Also there is iClone as Sprint specific. VINdows, and NRGZ both are updated alot. NRGZ is updated almost biweekly. VINdows updates are not as often but come out almost as often. I personally prefer a stripped down 6.5.x (and VINdows has been good for that). NRGZ has nice eye candy but runs a bit slower (still fast but relative to VINdows). NRGZ ROMs are close to stock (but I am not sure you want that since any ROM can be made to look and act like stock with cabs).

Well, I hope I was of some help.

Regards,

Andrew

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development