View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Shahriar5252
PPCGeeks Regular

Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cause of dialer's disappearance issue and idea for a fix

Latest version of Sprint Lovers ROM still suffers from serious glitches associated with its dialer because the dialer (specifically phcanhtc.dll) was extracted from a GSM device. Here is a list of all the problems, and I am also posting pictures:

1) Error of the center keypad button in menubar overlapping the left softkey of menubar. Rotastrain in an XDA thread has described this problem and solved it by using a modified GSM phcanhtc.dll and its corresponding phcanrc.dll. I installed these dlls on my device and it brings up a dialer with a fixed overlapping problem, but when I go into a call, the call menu is missed up. Along with my three pictures, I am posting Rotastrain's two pictures about this problem and a zipped file with his modified phcanhtc.dll and phcanrc.dll, which were originally obtained from a GSM dialer.

2) The dialer keypad sometimes is invisible unless the keyboard is opened and closed.

3) In landscape, a scroll bar is visible, and it blocks the phone buttons.

4) In landscape mode, the conference button appears, but this is a feature not supported by Sprint on its CDMA network. Again, this button appears because the dialer dlls of Sprint Lovers ROM are from a GSM dialer.

5) Double arrow data bars are always on in Sprint Lovers ROM because the version of phcanhtc.dll in this ROM is from a GSM dialer. GSM networks have simultaneous voice and data for their 3G, but CDMA 3G are an older generation of 3G called EVDO, which don't have simultaneous voice and data. So CDMA phcanhtc.dll and PhoneCanvas.dll must behave is such a way that the double data arrow bars go gray when no data is being transferred.

REQUEST:
Can anyone extract the dialer of Sprint TP2 from last official Sprint TP2 ROM, which was released at the end of March '10? A custom modification of the official Sprint CDMA TP2's phcanhtc.dll by a smart programmer can get rid of the overlapping problem as has been done by others for GSM TP2.

In the meanwhile, I am interested in the following files from the latest official Sprint TP2 ROM because their use in Sprint Lovers ROM may get rid of most of the above mention problems:

phcanhtc.dll
phcanImages.dll
phcanImages2.dll
phcanOverbmp.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanrc.dll.0409.mui
phone.dll
PhoneAdvanced.dll
PhoneAdvanced.dll.0409.mui
PhoneCanvas.dll
PhoneChooser_01.bmp
PhoneExt_Service.dll
PhoneSetting.dll

CallBarring.htm
CallerID.htm
CallForwarding.htm

DialerMenuExt.dll

Incall_divider.bmp
IncomingCall.bmp
IncomingCall_title.bmp
Incall_02_B.bmp (this may not exist)

all the pictures that begin with "Call", "Dialer", or "dialpad"

any other file that you think is part of the dialer

Last edited by Shahriar5252; 12-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.