PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: **[4/09/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
ROM UPDATE POSTED: 4/09/10

REVISIONS:
-Updated Sprint NASCAR Application
Chris, is that the only difference in the new ROM? If so, can you make a cab to update the Nasacar app so I don't have to reflash? I have everything set up on the 4/4 ROM, and it's running perfect and I don't want to set eveything up again lol
Old 04-09-2010, 05:39 PM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: **[4/09/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Same here, 4/4 rom rocks and I hate to flash just for Nascar. Of course, if they make a right turn once in a while I might consider it. LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybudd View Post
Same here, 4/4 rom rocks and I hate to flash just for Nascar. Of course, if they make a right turn once in a while I might consider it. LOL
CAB version added to Post #2. Someone confirm it does not create a second shortcut please. Enjoy!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
CAB version added to Post #2. Someone confirm it does not create a second shortcut please. Enjoy!
Looks good to me here. No duplicate icon and everything works. Awesome work!!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
Chris, is that the only difference in the new ROM? If so, can you make a cab to update the Nasacar app so I don't have to reflash? I have everything set up on the 4/4 ROM, and it's running perfect and I don't want to set eveything up again lol
Yes that was the only modification made to the 4/4/10 rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tjarnold is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold

nevermind figured out my question
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)

Last edited by tjarnold; 04-09-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

gmore is a n00b

1st post from a Trifecta Noob (PPCG, TP2, Flashing) - much of the following for the potential benefit of other noobs.

Sprint Sero Customer waiting to 'upgrade' to a Nexus One release(or ?) when my Centro died, picked up the TP2 as a 'transition' 30 day trial phone with the small possibility of keeping. Spent several hours with 6.1 (fairly intuitive set-up(via my IPAQ history), not real fluid in operation (jerky in transition) - spent several more hours with 6.5 ( a little more fluid (not really any faster), but appeared to have fewer option for set-up (or harder to find ? ) )- looked to optimize(speed-up) the phone when I discovered and researched these ROMS, and decided to try this one.

1st (as a marketing guy), good thread title and very well organized 1st page - clearly defined audience... ME ! I knew what to expect and pretty much understood what was required (also read the entire thread... long, but worth it.) For other potential noobs (if you're willing to deal with them/me), you may want to post the Unlock/Flash video link on the 1st page - any good reference to Sashimi or other settings storage option also appreciated.

The process was fairly easy - upon the 1st boot, the touch reaction was instant and it appeared the phone was flying but I experienced frequent ghosting of images. With some additional trials, I realized that I had only rebooted and did not do a hard reset (the video clearly states to do this 2X - to all other noobs, hold the power button til the rainbow screen appears). After 2 full hard resets back to back, I've spent several hours/days with this phone and have been quite pleased - the phone seems even more fluid with more setting/monitor options and some excellent adds. I AB'd this with my brothers 6.5 and found that it was faster in some areas (ie: pages often loaded faster when surfing) and although I can't say the speed was noticibly better in all areas (keep in mind my limited experience here), it was never slower. Once, the process monitor tab (upper right - not available on 6.5) would not open and during this time a slide-screen wake on the home page would cause the clock image to ghost everytime - restarted the phone and the issue has yet to re-occur - I credit it to WM, but mention only if it helps in some way.

I am happy and impressed with your mod, but not 100% sold on the phone yet (its growing on me) - if I do keep, I see no need to try any other ROM and will keep this and donate. My brother has been reluctant to unlock and try anything not stock, but given my experience (and his dissapointment with 6.5) may finally do so as well.

I understand your 'stock' position on this build (one of the main reasons I even tried it), but I would like to see a 'programs' tab option that accesses all programs (with a similar menu to 'adding a quick link'), can't find any real easy way to access them all. Also more quick link options - maybe 12 or 15,( if no option to expand in settings - couldn't find).

On a side note, if anyone using this ROM is aware of a decent Palm or grid-style calender cab(that syncs to Outlook), would love a link (or even a tasks/notes one with assignable time and alarm ) - don't mean to sidetrack the thread but with a ton of searching it appears I'm the only one who can't stand the WM 6.5 calender - can't find a mention anywhere - the 6.1 calander appeared briefly once in an early reboot but then 6.5 took over - from limited use/memory 6.1 seemed quicker to set an appointment.

Haven't checked out your cab pack yet, but will research it (as well as how to install cabs).

Thanks Chris, excellent work. =D>
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444
Wink Re: **[4/09/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Thanks for the cab update Chris. My Rom is set perfect as well and its just running increditably smooth. Your Rom ROCKS dude! Thank you again for the update!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

Okay, I've read through all 468 post, so I hope I don't ask questions that have already been answered.

I am currently running stock 6.5 and I have it configured the way I like (finally!). But the RAM is an issue for me (constantly in the high 70's%, 45-47mb). From what I can tell, flashing this ROM seems to give some of that back (runs in the mid sixties for most people).Plus it appears to extend battery life.

However, I have various third part apps/tweaks (some of which run in the processes background and use ram). I'm going list all the app/tweaks I have running and if anyone has experienced problems with them and this ROM if you could please let me know.

Opera 10, operamini 5, & skyfire
google maps
pshutxp (i think one use report a problem; I think this shows in the process task manager)
DHR lock device (this shows in the process task manager)
HTC_task_manager
cookies home tab and editor (i saw no one reporting problems with these two)
Manila disable clock flipping
rtwoods metallic red scroller (i've pics of users screens, I assume this works well)
trapster
tswoen taskbar and sdkcert for 6.5 (i've seen other task bar edits, no reported problems)
whiskeybro HTC black task and softkey buttons

This will also be the first time I've unlocked/flashed a non stock ROM. Should I hard reset first, before unlocking/flashing this new ROM?

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey does anyone have a cab for the 1 percent battery that actually works with this ROM?? I have one but it still shows in 10 percent increments. By the way.....this ROM is effin great!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development