View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Shahriar5252
PPCGeeks Regular

Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/25/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5★ | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Hi chris1683 and thank you for the latest version of your Sprint Lovers ROM. I have been looking for a ROM specific for Sprint's TP2 with wm6.5.3 or wm6.5.5 and yours is the only one I have found, and its start menu apps are very elegantly divided into folders. I wish Microsoft had thought of that.

I hope you can also include the threaded email capability of the latest wm6.5.5 builds into future versions of this ROM.

The only problems that I have experienced are as follows:

1) the phone's keypad still comes out invisible and I have to slide out the keyboard and put it back in for the invisibility to be resolved in portrait mode.

2) After sending an SMS text message, the X button remains gray when I press it to minimize SMS and the phone freezes for 10-15 seconds before becoming responsive and minimizing the SMS menu.

3) I disabled HTC's notification manager in the taskbar so that when I press the taskbar, the wm6.5.x menu pops out. However, when I have Sprint TV turned on in landscape, this wm6.5.x menu does not come out in landscape and instead switches sprint TV to portrait mode.

For those interested n disabling HTC's notification manager to same some RAM, here is how:
[HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER]
“Flags”=dword:4 (default value is 0)

4) I have been using Tarkim's CDMA Rhodium's Keyboard Controller for mapping my physical buttons. I have set it to turn off the screen and lock the device, but I have made exceptions for not remapping the power button when I turn on Sprint Navigation. That is, when I click on the power button in Sprint Navigation, the power button is to do only its native task of turning off/on the screen. However, on your ROM, when I click on the power button in Sprint Navigation a few times, the device gets locked and I have to enter the password, which is not convenient when I am driving. Is there any thing special about the way that your ROM maps the power button that interferes with the Rhodium keyboard controller mapping of the power button?

5) One time, when my battery ran low and my device turned itself off, I took the battery out put in a replacement battery in to turn on the device. The device turned on fine, but the password screen would not accept my password. I had not changed the password, and I tried to put in the password using the keyboard too to no avail. And yes, my keyboard was not on capital locks, and it wouldn't matter because my password was a simple few-number password. I ended up having to do a hard reset. Here is an XDA thread in which many other people with custom ROMs have experienced wm6.5 forgetting their passwords as well.

6) You have disabled the Network services tab in the phone settings menu. Here is how I re-enabled it:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting]
ShowCDMAServicePage=dword:1 (default value in Sprint Lovers ROM is 0)

For those who are interested in getting the Roam only mode feature in this menu or a quick app that will put a nice app in the start menu to do it, I will post the cabs to this post.

7) As with all other ROMs (official or cooked), the BT notification keeps popping up when the device pairs with a BT that does not allow wm6.5 to control the volume. For those interested in turning off that annoying warning, here is the registry edit on how to enable doing it from the Sounds and Notifications Menu or just install the cab I am attaching to this post:

For newer ROMs and devices, create the following key and dwords:
[HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{1CBF334F-99CC-4835-B930-E3568FE5B2C7}]
"BT Volume Warning"=stringvalue:Default
"AvailableOptions"=dword:9
"Options"=dword:0
"Duration"=dword:0
"Wave"=stringvalue:[leave this string value empty]

P.S. The cabs are not mine. I have found them on PPCGeeks or XDA. So thank their makers. chris1683 once again thank you for the Sprint Lovers ROM, and I hope you will have time to address the above problems for a newer version of this ROM.