PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

I was the thread starter for this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118769, and yes the Sprint Lover's Rom was not included on the voting polls. But not saying that this Custom Rom is no good, just haven't had the time to try this rom out yet. I do agree this rom looks outstanding!!!! Especially with the added 2.1 sense!!!! I'm flashing this rom next, on my to do list. Sorry if I offend anyone by not including this rom in the polls. So which rom is the fastest 6.5 2.5, 6.5 2.1, or 6.5 2.1manila??

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
At this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118769 is a poll for the best custom ROM. Guess which ROM is NOT included in the poll...Sprint Lover's!. People should go the thread and show their love for this ROM.

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-22-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

So will 2.1 themes that worked on WM6.1 work on either 2.1 ROM even though they are WM6.5? I'd love to get my Star Trek theme back. Since I really don't use Sense I never bothered to update the theme for 2.5. Anyone that's using a 2.1 ROM willing to try it out for me? I'd hate to flash one of the new ROMs only to find out it doesn't work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92004
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

UPDATE: Sprint Lover's ROM -Retro- has been moved into it's own thread to keep comments and feedback separate. The link is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118906

Thanks for all of the good feedback guys!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanTribley View Post
I am having the same issues with cookie's lock screen. Biggest problem I have run into is trying to end a phone call and sometimes the screen locks itself. I'm positive it is a cookie issue, nothing to do with the rom because I have had issues with MightyRom as well.
Hmmm... I got that $10 warning when I first tried it 4 months ago when it allows a month trial period; each time after that, it said I had to do a $10 subscription. Flashing to multiple ROMs, like MightyRom, I installed the Sprint Nav app and always get the $10 subscription message. However, with this ROM, I'm not getting that warning. I'll check my bill and usage; hopefully, Sprint finally gave in and allow SERO users to get it for free; maybe they'll allow to get better PDA phone selection in the future I know, wishful thinking.

Oh well, if Sprint NAV is not free for SERO users, no big loss. I tried it today and the voice navigation is horrible; I came to a red light waiting to turn right. I haven't even turn right yet while waiting for the light and the voice navigation already tells me to turn left (next turn); geez, let me turn right first before you give me the next turn instruction.

Last edited by ndno; 04-22-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Sprint Nav is FREE when you have a data plan. When the plan is simply everything it is part of the package.

Give some
Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Chris, I'm liking this ROM, very stable and efficient. I know the answer is no but is there anything we can remove some of the Sprint Apps you put into this ROM by default; I'm don't use NASCAR, Sprint TV or Sprint Football Live. Just wanted to clear some flash space. Also is there a fast-charge battery driver for this? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Edit: I am running the Sense 2.5 rom. Just realized you might be running his new retro rom. Have not tried it on that.

I am running cookie 1.7.1 and it seems to run fine. I turn off animation and only go with 2 quick link pages. Lockscreen seemed a little buggy to me. Slow to lock when the power came on and sometimes did not re-render the graphics right when I unlocked, so I stopped using that.

There is another program for a single page of 16 links on the home page. You can give it a try if you like. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447
Thanks, I got the basic 16 links cab and it seems to work fine without lag.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Chris, I'm liking this ROM, very stable and efficient. I know the answer is no but is there anything we can remove some of the Sprint Apps you put into this ROM by default; I'm don't use NASCAR, Sprint TV or Sprint Football Live. Just wanted to clear some flash space. Also is there a fast-charge battery driver for this? Thanks!
Are you really worried about 3 MB?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Chris, you never replied to my question. Ever thought about doing this rom with WinMo 6.5.3? Could it even be done smoothly running?

Loving your rom still...

Des,
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Are you really worried about 3 MB?
No, I'm not worry about 3MB; I guess the real question is: Can you remove any app that comes default with the ROM? I guess I can always goto to Program Files and delete any default app folder I don't want want and goto \Windows\Start Menu and delete its shortcut. I know this is not a clean way as there are residual stuff still installed (like dlls and stuff in the registry); I can always use SKTools to remove zombie residues. The 3MB is not the big deal, I just like to remove stuff I don't use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development