PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT LOVER'S RETRO ROM'S | Sprint Manila 2.1 / HTC Sense 2.1 | Official 6.5 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
SPRINT LOVERS RETRO ROM'S - SPRINT MANILA 2.1 / HTC SENSE 2.1

The following ROM's are based on the newest Sprint Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system and have been fully tailored for use with Sprint Touch Pro 2's. You can expect to find the same level of organization and dedication to keep everything as unchanged as possible as you would in my previous ROM's.

DOWNLOAD...........................................DOWNLOAD
Update Posted to Post #2. Enjoy the versions guys and please remember to hit the thanks button!

Last edited by chris1683; 04-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666
Re: SPRINT LOVER'S RETRO ROM'S | Sprint Manila 2.1 / HTC Sense 2.1 | Official 6.5 218

good luck on your release Chris
Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Chris, just flashed your rom for the first time today.

Bar none, the best rom experience I have had so far.

Thanks!!!

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

I finally flashed SLR and I gotta say it's pretty fast, smooth, and stable. Great job Chris! Lately, I've been getting freeze on MightyRom so I thought I give this a try. Just as fast as MightyRom, if not faster. Will be playing with this over the weekend. Will co0kie Home Tab slow this ROM down?

Sorry for being a noob, but is there any other add-on besides co0kie that will allow you to add more quick links on the home screen? Thanks!

Added bonus for me: I'm on SERO and I was never able to get Sprint Nav to run without have to pay a subscription. Seems like this ROM allows me to for free, or maybe Sprint is giving it away for free now.

Last edited by ndno; 04-22-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Edit: I am running the Sense 2.5 rom. Just realized you might be running his new retro rom. Have not tried it on that.

I am running cookie 1.7.1 and it seems to run fine. I turn off animation and only go with 2 quick link pages. Lockscreen seemed a little buggy to me. Slow to lock when the power came on and sometimes did not re-render the graphics right when I unlocked, so I stopped using that.

There is another program for a single page of 16 links on the home page. You can give it a try if you like. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447

Last edited by CoryNat; 04-22-2010 at 02:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
I finally flashed SLR and I gotta say it's pretty fast, smooth, and stable. Great job Chris! Lately, I've been getting freeze on MightyRom so I thought I give this a try. Just as fast as MightyRom, if not faster. Will be playing with this over the weekend. Will co0kie Home Tab slow this ROM down?

Sorry for being a noob, but is there any other add-on besides co0kie that will allow you to add more quick links on the home screen? Thanks!

Added bonus for me: I'm on SERO and I was never able to get Sprint Nav to run without have to pay a subscription. Seems like this ROM allows me to for free, or maybe Sprint is giving it away for free now.
Sprint is not giving SERO users SprintNav for free, just watch your bill to make sure you didn't get signed up for the $10 data add-on for GPS. Generally if there is no subscription, Telenav gives a 30 day free trial so watch for an expiration notice too.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Edit: I am running the Sense 2.5 rom. Just realized you might be running his new retro rom. Have not tried it on that.

I am running cookie 1.7.1 and it seems to run fine. I turn off animation and only go with 2 quick link pages. Lockscreen seemed a little buggy to me. Slow to lock when the power came on and sometimes did not re-render the graphics right when I unlocked, so I stopped using that.

There is another program for a single page of 16 links on the home page. You can give it a try if you like. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447
I am having the same issues with cookie's lock screen. Biggest problem I have run into is trying to end a phone call and sometimes the screen locks itself. I'm positive it is a cookie issue, nothing to do with the rom because I have had issues with MightyRom as well.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Yeah, I tried to minimize the amount of lock related stuff the cookie mod was doing to try and see what part had issues, but it just never worked well enough. I am sure it will get addressed in the next cookie version.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Chris - question for you (and it may be a stupid one, but I am going to ask anyway). Are the sense installs on the retro roms stock? I know you mentioned something in a previous post about different contacts software and such, so I was curious if you incorporated anything not in the stock sense 2.1.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Chris - question for you (and it may be a stupid one, but I am going to ask anyway). Are the sense installs on the retro roms stock? I know you mentioned something in a previous post about different contacts software and such, so I was curious if you incorporated anything not in the stock sense 2.1.
All stock buddy. Just had to change a few packages back for compatibility reasons however everything is still 100% stock Sprint/HTC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development