PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to leon_live
Re: **[4/13/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

I was bored today, so I added a mirror effect to the banners and make the chris name a little more bigger.

Click here to check the banners in my album, also I added the normal banners.

Last edited by leon_live; 04-16-2010 at 06:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: **[4/13/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the weather GPS in this rom most of the time puts your location between 20-40 miles away from where you are? I noticed this when I switched to this rom from MM's (MM's was pretty accurate to a few hundred yards, but this take's me all over the place). Chris, is there something that can be done to fix this?

Thanks,
My Weather Gps is pretty accurate. Can you elaborate a little more on the problem you are having? My perception is that you live lets say in Atlanta and when you put in for weather it shows a town 20-40 miles away from your location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_live View Post
I was bored today, so I added a mirror effect to the banners and make the chris name a little more bigger.

Click here to check the banners in my album, also I added the normal banners.
Man maybe its because its damn 7 in the morning, but I took a look at your "new" banners and was like WTH is different?? But then I noticed the "mirror" effect. I dont know why I thought it was going to be shining or something. Looks better tho IMO. I will be switching as soon as I get off work today.

P.S. A little birdie told me that there "MIGHT" be a slight chance of an update today with a working 1 percent battery driver for those who like that feature.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

Something I've noticed concerning the weather tab is mine is usually a couple of hours or so behind. It's not ROM specific as I've noticed it happening on several. It lists my city correctly but the "sun" doesn't come out til at least an hour past daylight and the temp is always off. For example at noon i can check the temp by the internet and it will be 80 but my phone reports 70 or whatever the temp was around 10-10:30am. Updates set to half hour or hour or updating manually makes no difference of course. Been meaning to ask if anyone else experiences this in different regions....
Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Some things I have observed regarding weather updates / GPS location:

Since our locations are limited by whatever the weather server has listed, we may not always get an extremely accurate position.

Weather updates seemed to work a lot more scheduled for me when I made sure to enable My Location Service from the Menu softkey in the Weather Tab.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I have not noticed any issues with the weather. From what I can tell it seems accurate with both time and location. I will start paying more attention.

One thing I have noticed on both the Sprint stock 6.5 and other roms based off of it is a problem with shuffle on the music tab. It will shuffle initially but then later on the songs will be in title order. Turning shuffle off and back on will shuffle the songs again. More of an oddity than anything.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: **[4/16/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

ROM UPDATE POSTED: 4/16/10

REVISIONS:
-Recooked w/stock HTC Notification Manager (compatible w/1% battery driver in Post #2)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

Yellowman1 is just getting started

@Youngpro83:

Yes, my weather usually shows my location to be a city that is about 20 miles away from where I am (while I was in East Greenbush, NY it said I was in Bethlehem, NY which is about 20 miles away). Even in my house it doesn't pick my town but one or two towns over. I switched over to MM's rom this morning just to check whether it was something with my fone (which it may or may not be), but MM's has been pretty accurate in picking me at home or at work. I guess it is something to do with the rom. It's not a big deal really, only would be an issue if it affected the gps for navigation.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

While it might not directly apply to Yellowman1's situation, something that also might affect weather is the use of an Airrave. I have one and when I am in range (at home) my weather tells me I am in Los Angeles (I live in Las Vegas). However, when I leave home it then correctly places me in my home town. Airraves communicate via the internet, so I assume the nearest server for Sprint's Airrave to me in LA.

I did notice what Yellowman mentioned. Whatever data base or My Location service MM uses seems to have more cities/locations. When I used his, my weather would sometimes show small incorporated towns within the Las Vegas valley when I was in that area instead of just Las Vegas as most other ROMs do. Like YM, no big deal to me.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work
Re: **[4/16/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
ROM UPDATE POSTED: 4/16/10

REVISIONS:
-Recooked w/stock HTC Notification Manager (compatible w/1% battery driver in Post #2)
For the unititated such as myself, what is the HTC notification manger and does this at all affect RAM or other memory?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
For the unititated such as myself, what is the HTC notification manger and does this at all affect RAM or other memory?
When you tap the icons on the home screen such as Battery/Evdo/Volume it will launch the HTC Notification Manager which says "Notifications" on the top of the page. This is where all of your incoming notifications are seen for things such as SMS/MMS/Missed Calls/Voice Mails etc.. No it will not affect your ram usage or memory any different than the previous rom's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development