PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[4/13/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Very good to hear! I have decided not to implement Swype into the next ROM update and have opted for a CAB install which is now located under the SWYPE PACK section in Post #2. This way users have more customization over their phone which is always my main goal. Enjoy guys!
Well that is nice to hear. The Swype has been working great for me. It takes some time getting use to but after you do its not that bad and I havent found any negative effects from it. I have been swyping away too. I swyped so much today that when I switched back to the qwerty I was still swyping and had to catch myself. I switch back to the swype afterwards. I like it. I like it better that you are including a cab for a more customizable ROM.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Peruano_Loco is just getting started
Re: **[4/13/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

im using this start up animation with your rom and it works very good if anybody wants to try it out here it is

http://www.xda-developers.com/window...windows-phone/
Old 04-15-2010, 01:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Now Network

rfvreynoso is a n00b

Don't ask me how I did it but I fixed it. I went over to the xda c0okie page and found a registry fix for an error when installing chteditor and that most likely did it.
'
Got my sense back. yeii.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tp617 is just getting started

thanks for a great rom.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Chris, thanks again for the Swype cab. Works like a charm. As another poster stated it takes some getting used to but I have been using it all day without any problems. Only minor detail that I caught is when windows live is unable to sign me in, the screen displays the keyboard then it turns off. Other than that no freezing of any sort. Thanks again!

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 04-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I have not had any problems with swype such as freezing. The only thing I notice is some minor problems graphically. For example, if I shrink the keyboard, I will see the bottom half of my lockscreen wallpaper before the rest of the rest the page returns to full screen. Also I noticed that the icon to bring up the swype keyboard appears in areas where no text input is needed, for example, if I'm looking at my memory, the icon appears between the two bottom soft keys. These are only minor and do not cause any problems otherwise.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
I have not had any problems with swype such as freezing. The only thing I notice is some minor problems graphically. For example, if I shrink the keyboard, I will see the bottom half of my lockscreen wallpaper before the rest of the rest the page returns to full screen. Also I noticed that the icon to bring up the swype keyboard appears in areas where no text input is needed, for example, if I'm looking at my memory, the icon appears between the two bottom soft keys. These are only minor and do not cause any problems otherwise.
I also saw the graphical lag mentioned about seeing the today wallpaper briefly while the keyboard shrinks. It seems to function very well overall though considering it wasn't specifically designed for the the TP2.

Last edited by chris1683; 04-15-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

A little bird told me if this "Notification_Enhancement"="3_5_20113824_00"
was cooked into a ROM....It would allow for 1% battery increments in the HTC Notifications. Just thought Id put that out there.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I also saw the graphical lag mentioned about seeing the today wallpaper briefly while the keyboard shrinks. It seems to function very well overall though considering it wasn't specifically designed for the the TP2.
yeah I notice it too, is just a minor problem as long it does not freeze and not interfere with another app I'm fine with it and I agree with chris, works very well for not been designed for the TP2.

Last edited by leon_live; 04-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

Yellowman1 is just getting started

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the weather GPS in this rom most of the time puts your location between 20-40 miles away from where you are? I noticed this when I switched to this rom from MM's (MM's was pretty accurate to a few hundred yards, but this take's me all over the place). Chris, is there something that can be done to fix this?

Thanks,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development