PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.26.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Am I the only one that gets really mad at myself when I forget to tell POutlook to use the storage card to store attachments? There I was thinking everything was fine when I went to bed. Set up both exchange accounts, synced long enough to check the additional folders, then let it roll. Woke up and found an empty memory. I hate that! Oh, well..... at least I got a good night's sleep.

As you know, Chris, I did run the stock ROM all week like I said i was going to, because I was chicken to flash in the middle of the work week. So I am very familiar with the stock ROM. I do have a couple of employees that load yours (and most of the others) as soon as they come out to check for stability, etc. They have liked yours since the beginning, but they encouraged me to load this most recent one. These are Windows Mobile professionals singing your praise. So let me say before I run it for this next week, kudos, for impressing these two. I'm glad you changed the "Reply All" to "Reply" albeit I could've just made the reg edit like I have, always. I like the "out-of-the-box" version better, though. Got bit, one time, after the Touch Pro (1) came out and paranoid since. Been using Womdows Mobile since 01 so I was really accustomed to the Reply button.

So, really, just wanted to say thanks for your hard work and special touch to these ROM's and, oh by the way, none of my staff have mentioned anything getting stuck in landscape???

matt
Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Waiting for my HTC Evo 4G

happyorangeman is a n00b
Re: **[3.26.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Really loving this rom. Everything works great. The only problem I am having is the #777 Error and swype not working right in landscape. I have been using titanium instead of sense. The phone runs a little better to me that way.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyorangeman View Post
Really loving this rom. Everything works great. The only problem I am having is the #777 Error and swype not working right in landscape. I have been using titanium instead of sense. The phone runs a little better to me that way.
I haven't seen the #777 box come up once on me. When do you see this happen?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kenlewisesq is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
First off I would like to thank those who have had good things to say about the rom. I appreciate the good feedback and to those who have donated I give many thanks. Now...in reference to the above comment:

1. If you don't like the rom, plain and simple...don't use it.
2. If you are going to make a critique on any rom, try to use for more than 10 minutes before coming to any conclusions and posting your feedback. (If you didn't know that the Outlook icon was a folder, than you obviously have not spent enough time using the stock rom either as it is a folder in the stock rom as well.)
3. Stating the update is only a "slight" improvement or that the two roms are "no different" is an understatement and merely your opinion and we all know what opinions are like..... I would recommend you flash back to the stock rom and see how well it works out for you whe you use Internet Sharing, Wi-Fi Router, HTC Task Manager, Facebook Albums, Start Menu, and numerous other changes abd updates which have been made just not published in the changelog.

I enjoy sharing my work with everyone which is not an obligation but rather a choice to benefit those people who do not cook roms or know how to make changes to their phones. From time to time, many people forget to simply "appreciate" something which they have gotten for nothing as clearly reflected by the above statement.

@ edufur: When you create a rom and post it, I will be glad to test it out for you.

Well said. Keep up the good work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

raptors2k is a n00b
I need background for all pages that works for this ROM

I try a couple of B4A (background for all pages) but they didn't work or end up screwing this rom so I had to hard reset again to get back.
Anybody knows a cab that works for Sprint lover ROM??.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

TravisW0204 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
First off I would like to thank those who have had good things to say about the rom. I appreciate the good feedback and to those who have donated I give many thanks. Now...in reference to the above comment:

1. If you don't like the rom, plain and simple...don't use it.
2. If you are going to make a critique on any rom, try to use for more than 10 minutes before coming to any conclusions and posting your feedback. (If you didn't know that the Outlook icon was a folder, than you obviously have not spent enough time using the stock rom either as it is a folder in the stock rom as well.)
3. Stating the update is only a "slight" improvement or that the two roms are "no different" is an understatement and merely your opinion and we all know what opinions are like..... I would recommend you flash back to the stock rom and see how well it works out for you whe you use Internet Sharing, Wi-Fi Router, HTC Task Manager, Facebook Albums, Start Menu, and numerous other changes abd updates which have been made just not published in the changelog.

I enjoy sharing my work with everyone which is not an obligation but rather a choice to benefit those people who do not cook roms or know how to make changes to their phones. From time to time, many people forget to simply "appreciate" something which they have gotten for nothing as clearly reflected by the above statement.

@ edufur: When you create a rom and post it, I will be glad to test it out for you.
Well said Chris. I agree with you 100%. I have nothing but positive things to say about this rom. As far as it being a "slight improvement" over stock rom, that could not be a more false statement. My phone is so much more responsive since loading your rom and the pic below is from sending multiple texts all day, browsing the web, taking pics and listening to a bit of music with the phone off the charger since this morning. Check out the percentage of battery I have left. You would NEVER get this type of free memory on a stock rom. I've used it and I would have 30-40 mbs free with no 3rd party apps. I have a few 3rd party apps on my phone now but this rom is so nice out the box that I don't need all that. Once again Chris thanks for all your hard work and dedication to your craft. I am going to flash this rom on 4 of my other friends' phone in the near future. Keep up the good work and thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (5.4 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TravisW0204; 03-27-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuff
Re: I need background for all pages that works for this ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptors2k View Post
I try a couple of B4A (background for all pages) but they didn't work or end up screwing this rom so I had to hard reset again to get back.
Anybody knows a cab that works for Sprint lover ROM??.

Thanks guys.
This one works for me, it's for 2.5.2011 and 2.5.2012. Be sure to thank Santod.
Attached Files
File Type: cab B4all 2.5.2011 TEST 2.cab (41.9 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mao511; 03-27-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: adding more information
Old 03-28-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

I'm so happy with your ROM, I like it a lot, but one thing bothers me, every time I update an app or install one, it install the app and the icon begins to accumulate without the opportunity to organize it in the Start menu, how I can move an icon like the MySpace app, to add it to the Messaging folder.

Thanks again for your work =D>
Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_live View Post
I'm so happy with your ROM, I like it a lot, but one thing bothers me, every time I update an app or install one, it install the app and the icon begins to accumulate without the opportunity to organize it in the Start menu, how I can move an icon like the MySpace app, to add it to the Messaging folder.

Thanks again for your work =D>
Total commander works good, here's the cab for it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TCMDR.cab (490.2 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao511 View Post
Total commander works good, here's the cab for it.
I have seen this cab before but never put attention to it, so this is for??... I thought it was to modified the registry only... thanks, I will give it a try

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development