PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_live View Post
I totally agree with you, but since many chefs have done that is just that I get wonder how far is Chris going to take his amazing rom
Funny you mentioned doing some new things with the rom..I experimented a little today with Sprint's original 2.1 Manila from good ole WinMo 6.1 and of course it is blazing fast as well as Manila 2.1 non-sense UI from HTC (with weather clock) however both would need the older version of Opera/Push Internet Engine, as well as a different contact utility engine as simple things like going to "all contacts" caused manila to crash since all of the .dll's are different. I will experiment some more in days to come and possibly offer the rom with different manila version's depending on how things go. Of ocurse if I do that there will be separate download links for each.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: ★[4/16/10]★ SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
The ole' if it ain't broke don't fix it. Agreed. Good stuff....something to add to it..Google Maps with voice! Works like a charm too!
Does this cab install in the same location as the one supplied on page one, and replace the version already installed, or does it just put it in the start menu and require we remove the current one first?

Thanks
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor
Re: [3.23.10] Sprint Lover's ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_live View Post
If you want the classic windows mobile volume try deleting the HTCVolume folder in the registry then softreset... I tried this when I was on the stock 6.5 rom, not sure how good works on the sprint lovers rom
It's not so much that I want to use the classic Windows Mobile volume control. It's that when I disable the HTC Notification Manager and tap on the volume icon, a message bubble with a typo pops up instead of the HTC volume control which should pop up. I did try your suggestion and it does fix the pop-up so that the standard Windows Mobile volume control comes on the screen when I tap the volume icon. So there may be something wrong with the HTC Volume registry or DLL. I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Funny you mentioned doing some new things with the rom..I experimented a little today with Sprint's original 2.1 Manila from good ole WinMo 6.1 and of course it is blazing fast as well as Manila 2.1 non-sense UI from HTC (with weather clock) however both would need the older version of Opera/Push Internet Engine, as well as a different contact utility engine as simple things like going to "all contacts" caused manila to crash since all of the .dll's are different. I will experiment some more in days to come and possibly offer the rom with different manila version's depending on how things go. Of ocurse if I do that there will be separate download links for each.
hehehe, it was something I thought today, "is Chris going to take his rom to another levels??", "well lets ask!!"... and wow, you are in that process already. Good to hear that you are expanding your rom =D>
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live
Re: [3.23.10] Sprint Lover's ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla View Post
It's not so much that I want to use the classic Windows Mobile volume control. It's that when I disable the HTC Notification Manager and tap on the volume icon, a message bubble with a typo pops up instead of the HTC volume control which should pop up. I did try your suggestion and it does fix the pop-up so that the standard Windows Mobile volume control comes on the screen when I tap the volume icon. So there may be something wrong with the HTC Volume registry or DLL. I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
you are welcome, I hoped to be more helpful, but I'm still learning more about this roms stuff, if I hear some kinda of solution about that in the forum, I PM you
Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

i dont know if its only me but after about a week my phone started to freeze horribly to the point i had to take the battery out at least twice to get it to run again, it'd freeze at the windows logo and before sense would run

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
i dont know if its only me but after about a week my phone started to freeze horribly to the point i had to take the battery out at least twice to get it to run again, it'd freeze at the windows logo and before sense would run
Did you flash back to stock or use the Task 29 tool before flashing to this ROM? If you haven't, might want to because I notice this fixes problems like yours.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Just an update guys...the "Retro Style" roms are coming along great. Everything seems to be working correctly and all looks well for an update in the very near future.

These will of course be working out-of-the-box for Sprint phones. There will be two versions available. One is based on the original Sprint Manila 2.1 (the grey and orange theme) and the other is based on HTC's Manila 2.1 (weather clock version). Both are wicked fast and still have all of the goodies you have all been spoiled with included as well as the revamped start menu and folder organization.

I have kept the stock love and not altered the rom's in any way other than what is necessary for use. Hope you guys will enjoy them! Check back for further updates.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

This sounds very interesting. If I understand correctly, you are going to take the Sprint 6.5 release and revert back to the Sense 2.1, so you are running the older sense on the newer OS? Do I have that right?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
This sounds very interesting. If I understand correctly, you are going to take the Sprint 6.5 release and revert back to the Sense 2.1, so you are running the older sense on the newer OS? Do I have that right?
I will offer 2 extra ROM's, so 3 in total on the download page. The standard Sense 2.5 ROM you guys have had thus far as well as a Sprint Manila 2.1 and HTC Sense Manila 2.1 version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development