PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aishihikari is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Hello Chris;

Thank you for the ROM. I have a problem with Opera still remembering the file structure of a previous storage card. Even after flashing your ROM and doing a Clear Storage "1234" it still remembers the file structure of the old SD card (when I want to pick a directory to download). IE and Opera 10 see the correct directory tree. Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Andrew
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: smart phone
Carrier: sprint

DRAGON18S is a n00b
Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

when i'm connecting my laptop through wifi-router. I get disconnected whenever the phone's screen turn off. Is this normal? My old palm doesn't do it, turning the screen off doesn't turn off the phone but the TP2 seems to turn off everything when the screen is off.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON18S View Post
when i'm connecting my laptop through wifi-router. I get disconnected whenever the phone's screen turn off. Is this normal? My old palm doesn't do it, turning the screen off doesn't turn off the phone but the TP2 seems to turn off everything when the screen is off.
This is normal. When your screen turns off wi-fi will automatically disconnect. There are several tweaks out there which may allow you to keep wifi on while in standby but I do not recommend them as your battery will drain in a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishihikari View Post
Hello Chris;

Thank you for the ROM. I have a problem with Opera still remembering the file structure of a previous storage card. Even after flashing your ROM and doing a Clear Storage "1234" it still remembers the file structure of the old SD card (when I want to pick a directory to download). IE and Opera 10 see the correct directory tree. Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Andrew
When you try to download a file in Opera you should be able to download to either the device memory or storage card and then any folder within those storage locations.

Last edited by chris1683; 04-06-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666

hey chris i have a question for you, is there a way i can stop opera from closing down i know it does this to save memory ram but sometimes im downloading ur new rom and it closes cuz im texting.....?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
hey chris i have a question for you, is there a way i can stop opera from closing down i know it does this to save memory ram but sometimes im downloading ur new rom and it closes cuz im texting.....?
Not sure as I have not seen this happen before. Makre sure when downloading your not hitting the "cancel" button next to the "save" button.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: **[4/02/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I too called advanced tech support today about NASCAR. They worked with a test TP2 they had and found out that it is exactly as we have seen, even after they did a hard reset. I tested a Samsung Intrepid and it works on that phone, so they are aware it is a device specific issue. I was given a case number and they said they were passing it up to the network group and I would be contacted within the next 48 hours with a resolution. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Well I got a call back today from Sprint tech support today and they confirmed again that they have can duplicate the issue on several TP2's, and that they can't even get the app to download and install on a TP2. Now they say that there is no problem with my phone or data service and that it is an application issue that the Sprint application team will have to address. No indication when I would hear back again, but at least they are working to fix the problem.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON18S View Post
i use this to turn display off.it will map to powerbutton.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-14-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started

Is there some reason that my camera doesn't work? I hit the button, and it loads, but it's as if the ccd isn't on. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

veroi is a n00b
Cool Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Chris: I am experiencing some rather abnormal issues with ROM 4/2. The issues are:

1) After I did the 4/2 upgrade phones was working fine most of the day, with nothing installed on it. Except that I had set it up with my office exchange server. While I was at the movies I nticed that I could not connect to the internet at all. However my wifes phone also Sprint was fine. While checking what was going on I ntoced that under the manage the connections for Sprint the connected vi cellular had disappeared and that the #777 was also gone. There was nothing I could do to connect back. I hard reset the phone and everything came back to normal

2) Today everything works except the phone is on but the antenna symbol shows an X.

I will downloading and installing your 4/4 ROM and see what happens.

I have not installed anything except your ROM as I like to have the Sprint stuff.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

aishihikari is becoming a great contributor

Hello Chris;

Thank you for your reply but I believe you might have misunderstood the problem. I know in Opera when downloading you can choose Main or Storage, and then pick a sub directory.

The problem is that after flashing the new ROM even if I go to Opera immediately after flashing and then try to download and pick 'Storage' the subdirectory list does not match what is on the card. It is a directory tree from a previous structure used in the stock rom I ran before flashing yours.

Evidently, flashing, doing a hard reset, deleting the Opera profile directory does not affect where Opera is reading the subdirectory choices from. Flashing hasn't overwritten it and 'Clear Storage' has not erased what ever part of memory these directory choices are being kept.

Knowing where your rom flashes, my question is what is left undisturbed so that I can find where this bit of memory hold out is and erase or overwrite. For example flashing does not effect the Today wallpaper I choose.

I hope this clarifies what I am asking for.

Sincerely,

Andrew

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development