PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroi View Post
Chris: I am experiencing some rather abnormal issues with ROM 4/2. The issues are:

1) After I did the 4/2 upgrade phones was working fine most of the day, with nothing installed on it. Except that I had set it up with my office exchange server. While I was at the movies I nticed that I could not connect to the internet at all. However my wifes phone also Sprint was fine. While checking what was going on I ntoced that under the manage the connections for Sprint the connected vi cellular had disappeared and that the #777 was also gone. There was nothing I could do to connect back. I hard reset the phone and everything came back to normal

2) Today everything works except the phone is on but the antenna symbol shows an X.

I will downloading and installing your 4/4 ROM and see what happens.

I have not installed anything except your ROM as I like to have the Sprint stuff.
It appears that maybe you just don't get good reception in the movie theatre. If you wife has a Sprint phone, it doesn't always mean that two phones will have the same exact service level. Radio versions, and differences in the hardware can affect cellular signal.

As far as your signal showing an X, you may want to check in Comm Manager and make sure that your phone is not in "Airplane Mode" as this turns off the cellular radio completely. My rom does not contain any radio version updates or anything other than an updated OS so it shouldnt have caused any of the conflicts that you speak of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishihikari View Post
Hello Chris;

Thank you for your reply but I believe you might have misunderstood the problem. I know in Opera when downloading you can choose Main or Storage, and then pick a sub directory.

The problem is that after flashing the new ROM even if I go to Opera immediately after flashing and then try to download and pick 'Storage' the subdirectory list does not match what is on the card. It is a directory tree from a previous structure used in the stock rom I ran before flashing yours.

Evidently, flashing, doing a hard reset, deleting the Opera profile directory does not affect where Opera is reading the subdirectory choices from. Flashing hasn't overwritten it and 'Clear Storage' has not erased what ever part of memory these directory choices are being kept.

Knowing where your rom flashes, my question is what is left undisturbed so that I can find where this bit of memory hold out is and erase or overwrite. For example flashing does not effect the Today wallpaper I choose.

I hope this clarifies what I am asking for.

Sincerely,

Andrew
Hmm. I have never heard of anything like that but if I had to make a guess I would say to start by taking out your memory card and then doing a hard reset. With the memory card OUT of the phone, use your computer to format the SD Card completely (back everything up first) Then make your new folders in your SD Card and then add your data back into the new folders while on the computer. I can tell you that Opera will see storage locations, and then subfolders within that storage location, but no folders within folders...(e.g. I will see Storage Card\MY MUSIC, but NOT Storage Card\MY MUSIC\NEW FOLDER) I hope this solves your issue but I can tell you that the only storage location added to Opera is the \MUSIC folder which is stock from Sprint/HTC and was where they intended on music store downloads to go.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started
Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
Is there some reason that my camera doesn't work? I hit the button, and it loads, but it's as if the ccd isn't on. Anyone else have this issue?
So I take it this isn't a common issue? I just got the phone and flashed it before even really using it, so I can't tell you for sure if the camera worked before or not.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
So I take it this isn't a common issue? I just got the phone and flashed it before even really using it, so I can't tell you for sure if the camera worked before or not.
Camera and Camcorder both function as they should on my phone using the 4/4 rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started

Funny thing happened today - it works fine as of right now. Which is strange, because I soft reset the phone a few times last night just to make sure. So, it's all good now.

BTW - love the rom. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroi View Post
Chris: I am experiencing some rather abnormal issues with ROM 4/2. The issues are:

1) After I did the 4/2 upgrade phones was working fine most of the day, with nothing installed on it. Except that I had set it up with my office exchange server. While I was at the movies I nticed that I could not connect to the internet at all. However my wifes phone also Sprint was fine. While checking what was going on I ntoced that under the manage the connections for Sprint the connected vi cellular had disappeared and that the #777 was also gone. There was nothing I could do to connect back. I hard reset the phone and everything came back to normal

2) Today everything works except the phone is on but the antenna symbol shows an X.

I will downloading and installing your 4/4 ROM and see what happens.

I have not installed anything except your ROM as I like to have the Sprint stuff.
I had a simular problem with the internet today on the 4/4 rom. It happend after I soft reset (possibly while facebook was still updating in the background a half a min after I moved on to another task). After the reboot my push email accounts started asking me to enter my password over and over so I figured the data was off. I wanted to make sure so I tried the browser but got like a 404 error or something. All signs pointed to no data connection, So I tried going to wireless controls and forcing the data connection on to no avail. Finally I figured I use Wi-Fi instead, only I accidentally hit the Wi-Fi Router button. However turns out that option was able to activate the data connection (I assume because it requires sprints data to be connected to share it) and after I turned it back off the data has been fine ever since.

I wonder if this means its better to shut down the phone with the power off option instead of soft-reset ... hints maybe why the reset hole is buried underneath the back cover.

Last edited by gxnext; 04-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Beano is a n00b

I was able to replicate the issue I experienced again and with the 3/30 release.

HTC Sense completely crashes itself to no repair after using WMDC to sync contacts with Windows. It starts with syncing with WMDC, going to your contacts list and trying to get status updates with them. Sense will crash and relaunch when you try to access features within your contacts. After rebooting, your contacts are wiped and you cannot create any (as if the root file was destroyed), and after another reboot, Sense will not launch and the OS becomes completely unusable until you reflash.

Is anyone getting this issue? Can someone try and replicate it?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
I was able to replicate the issue I experienced again and with the 3/30 release.

HTC Sense completely crashes itself to no repair after using WMDC to sync contacts with Windows. It starts with syncing with WMDC, going to your contacts list and trying to get status updates with them. Sense will crash and relaunch when you try to access features within your contacts. After rebooting, your contacts are wiped and you cannot create any (as if the root file was destroyed), and after another reboot, Sense will not launch and the OS becomes completely unusable until you reflash.

Is anyone getting this issue? Can someone try and replicate it?
Try taking out your SD Card and then try to replicate the issue. A faulty SD Card can wreak havoc on a phone and cause problems simlilar to the ones you have mentioned.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How do you tell Sprint Nav to drive to a contact? I can't seem to figure this out.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

veroi is a n00b
Cool Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Chris, I have recreated the same event that occurred with the 4/2 ROM using the 4/4 ROM, download 10PM last night. I made sure I did not do anything not even connect with exchange. I only browsed via Opera.
By 3PM today the phone showed the same behaviour as I described in earlier post. Connectivity dissapeared, Antenna shows X and Phone is dead in the water. I had to hard reset to make it work.
So something is making the system unstable and I cannot believe is Exchange.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Veroi, I use Exchange Server, as well, and haven't experienced any of what you've been describing. Promise. Do you have any sort of signal altering equipment inside. Like Wilson equipment or AIRAVE? The thing is that Chris's ROM is just packing in the Microsoft software as it was created. I have run all the ROM's and am running the 4/4 ROM, now, with no issues on the email. For the first time, I backed up emails (over 3,000) and restored them instead of re-downloading them. That was a bit of a challenge because you have to move all the attachments to the new "Inbox", but no connection issues....... ever. Do you think it might be worth flashing the stock ROM to see if, maybe, something outside of your phone may be causing the challenge you're having? Just a thought......

matt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development