View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
gxnext
Regular 'Geeker

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Re: **[4/04/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroi View Post
Chris: I am experiencing some rather abnormal issues with ROM 4/2. The issues are:

1) After I did the 4/2 upgrade phones was working fine most of the day, with nothing installed on it. Except that I had set it up with my office exchange server. While I was at the movies I nticed that I could not connect to the internet at all. However my wifes phone also Sprint was fine. While checking what was going on I ntoced that under the manage the connections for Sprint the connected vi cellular had disappeared and that the #777 was also gone. There was nothing I could do to connect back. I hard reset the phone and everything came back to normal

2) Today everything works except the phone is on but the antenna symbol shows an X.

I will downloading and installing your 4/4 ROM and see what happens.

I have not installed anything except your ROM as I like to have the Sprint stuff.
I had a simular problem with the internet today on the 4/4 rom. It happend after I soft reset (possibly while facebook was still updating in the background a half a min after I moved on to another task). After the reboot my push email accounts started asking me to enter my password over and over so I figured the data was off. I wanted to make sure so I tried the browser but got like a 404 error or something. All signs pointed to no data connection, So I tried going to wireless controls and forcing the data connection on to no avail. Finally I figured I use Wi-Fi instead, only I accidentally hit the Wi-Fi Router button. However turns out that option was able to activate the data connection (I assume because it requires sprints data to be connected to share it) and after I turned it back off the data has been fine ever since.

I wonder if this means its better to shut down the phone with the power off option instead of soft-reset ... hints maybe why the reset hole is buried underneath the back cover.

Last edited by gxnext; 04-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.