PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.30.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendicoff View Post
Hey Chris,

I'm dying to try your new rom but I just can't seem to get it flashed. The progress bar just sits at 0% and then I eventually get an error 262. Do I need to unlock my phone or something before flashing to this rom? I'm currently running the stock Sprint 6.5.
Yes you have to unlock your phone to flash this ROM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: **[3.30.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Chris, did you see this post by jakdillard in the Official Sprint 6.5 ROM thread?

"ok the sprint upgrade has several problems:

1 there has been a dramatic change in the native kernal which may cause some apps not to work correctly like soft reset programs and such

2 the change in some of the drivers cause a conflict between opera and youtube playback : open m.youtube.com in opera and try to play a video using the standard player, when you finally get to the youtube app playback will not happen

3 the change in the drivers cause SOD (sleep of death) issues, this may be a result of using an unlocked radio with the newer drivers but nonetheless it does happen

4 the responsiveness of sense will be slowed down considerably when using older parts with the newer parts : there have been some changes in sense since the GSM rhodium sense 2.5 was released so using Maxmanila or cookie may cause problems also you will have to keep in mind that sense 2.5 is an OS overlay meaning that you will have to treat it like windows is the host OS and sense is the guest like running windows 98 inside of vista .... you can do it but that dont mean everything is gonna work 100%

5 overall the speed of the upgrade is slow, its not the version of the OS but the OEM tweaks that was applied to it

most of the chefs that are with SPCS want to use the SPCS upgrade as a base for projects and they may have taken time to fix each of these issues (I know it took me some time to match everything up right) but I would advise people to use a custom ROM and make complaints to Sprint about this upgrade .... IT WAS NOT GOOD."

The reason I brought this up is because I had an issue with your ROM, which might have been caused by xdaShutdown.

I was running the 3-23 ROM for a few days with no problems. For some reason I needed to do a soft reset (I forgot why). I used xdaShutdown. When my phone restarted it was stuck on the Touch Pro2 boot screen. I tried several more soft resets using the reset button with the same result. I thought my phone had crapped out. Finally though the phone booted up normally, or so I thought.

Right away I could tell my backlight settings were changed. After checking I few things I realized my registry was changed back to it's original settings. When I hit start only the Home icon appeared in the menu. Since I was using UltimateLaunch I could check all my shortcuts on the Home screen, which all worked , but I figured I might as well install the 3-30 ROM.

It ran ok for a day. But then I tried to access a program from the Start Menu and I got an error saying the program couldn't be found and I should try reinstalling it. I tried a few other shortcuts, some worked, some didn't, one of which was xdaShutdown. All these programs were installed to my phone, not the SD card.

So I soft reset again using the reset button and ran into all kinds of problems trying to reinstall my programs, specifically the ones that required a soft reset after installation. These problems happened after I installed the cabs and hit ok to reset. Sometimes the registry would reset itself, sometimes the phone would hard reset instead of soft reset, sometimes the phone would get stuck on the Touch Pro2 screen or Windows Splash Screen. Eventually it got stuck to the point where I had to go to the boot screen. From there I flashed a different ROM and haven't had any problems since.

I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe my phone was just on the fritz for a while. The problem could have been what jakdillard stated above about soft reset programs. Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I appreciate the heads up, but so far I have not seen any issues when using a soft reset application. I use PHM Soft Reset and I have the .exe in a folder in my SD Card called "Soft Reset." When I want to reset, I just open file explorer, and tap the soft reset .exe and I am good to go. I do not use Maxmanilla or Cookie Mod so I cannot comment on their compatibility with my rom. If something has an issue on the original Sprint ROM, it most likely will have the same issue on mine as well as it is based off of the the 6.5 upgrade.

In relation to SOD (Sleep of Death), I have seen it once or twice, but I also saw it on the stock 6.5 Sprint ROM so that seems like something we may have to deal with. I can say that the screen does come back on after a few seconds. As far as the problems you mentioned concerning the registry, I have not seen anything reset itself or revert back at any time. I have had very good luck using the rom and others have reported the same.

I agree with JD that Sprint could have done a better job, but I think overall this release was like trying to push a tank with the engine of a a moped. Our phones are simply limited by their processor but nonetheless I appreciate that Sprint went ahead and made an upgrade for our phones as this was not something they had to do. As with any computer (or phone) running anything Windows based, problems are expected from time to time and this is just reality as no OS is perfect. I think that many of the chef's on this site have done a great job taking something which started out as "good" and making it into something "great."

I am attaching my SOFT RESET folder for you guys to throw on your SD cards if you want. Enjoy!

Attached Files
File Type: zip SOFT RESET.zip (5.9 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by chris1683; 04-01-2010 at 08:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
...I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe my phone was just on the fritz for a while. The problem could have been what jakdillard stated above about soft reset programs. Just thought I'd let you know.
I suspect that that the source of your problems are due to cabs you have installed that the new Sprint 6.5 rom doesn't like. It's not the the rom itself I'm quite certain. I'm sure you know how to troubleshoot so one by one narrow it down and see what's causing your issues. Let us know what you come up with.
As for this rom by Chris, it's zippy and works great for me!!! I'm not planning on flashing to any other rom anytime soon as there really isn't any need to. Thanks Chris for putting this rom together. It's just what I have been waiting for.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

very nice rom. comin from MR War to OEM to this. nicely Done
Old 04-01-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
When I open up Word Mobile, I get a blank document to type into. If I close this, it displays the list of what Word Documents are found on my phone. The list is blank for me. Make sure it is not something on your storage card.
Well, before I flash the rom, I always remove the memory card "SanDisk 8GB microSDHC Card", then when it finish, I do a hard reset (the thing when you do 1234, and reset), after that I format the memory card at my laptop, then I put it in, and then format it again in the phone. So pretty much, Im clean from internal and external storage. But you know... is windows, so I have to expect some thing weird from time to time, lol

Thanks again chris, as soon I get some extra bucks I send you a donation

peace out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

knot is a n00b

is this rom cfc compressed or uncompressed
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot View Post
is this rom cfc compressed or uncompressed
It is not cfc compressed.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: **[4/01/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

nfl mobile isnt updating to new version ,just go's to ie google screen and stops..and wifi router not comm'g. im using 3/30 version...updating now..great work !!!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: **[4/01/10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Can someone please tell me where the audio files for the sliding keyboard sounds are kept, so I can add a couple I have pulled from other ROMS?

Thanks
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development