PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: BharS 5.2.23125|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|XDA_UC|02-Jul|V15|Co0kie|Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
But ive been using pocket rar for any zip files just fine,but i like to use File Explorer better for installing cab,zip,rar, or any files.Am i the only one with this problem.
Use total commander for zip files. Actually use that for everything...there is nothing total commander cant do, that file explorer does. File explorer just sucks!

Maybe the mods I have for file explorer makes it not handle zip files? I dont know...I will look into it. But not in my priority list...
Old 07-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (in a few days anyway)
Carrier: Telus

theonyxguy is a n00b

I think I made a mistake. I clicked on EnterBootLoader last night on the phone. It showed me the colourful bars. I couldn't get out of that screen no matter what I tried. I pulled the battery. It wouldn't turn on for a while and I pulled the battery about 2 more times. Finally it came on.

This morning I went to check my email but it doesn't connect to the internet. Data Connection is turned off under settings and every time I click on it to activate it, I get taken to another screen "Select which networks are automatically used".

I tried RomUtilityUpdate on the computer but when it verifies it tells me "Error [224]: Device not responding". I've tried pulling the battery, ActiveSync on the PC says connected, on the handset ActiveSync isn't connected.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

TOG
Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonyxguy View Post
I think I made a mistake. I clicked on EnterBootLoader last night on the phone. It showed me the colourful bars. I couldn't get out of that screen no matter what I tried. I pulled the battery. It wouldn't turn on for a while and I pulled the battery about 2 more times. Finally it came on.

This morning I went to check my email but it doesn't connect to the internet. Data Connection is turned off under settings and every time I click on it to activate it, I get taken to another screen "Select which networks are automatically used".

I tried RomUtilityUpdate on the computer but when it verifies it tells me "Error [224]: Device not responding". I've tried pulling the battery, ActiveSync on the PC says connected, on the handset ActiveSync isn't connected.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

TOG
Sounds like you need to run task29. It is included in the ROM pkg. Run that, and then flash the ROM.

You will have to put in the bootloader first, and then run task29.

If you still get error, try a different USB cable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA
Carrier: PLAY Poland

GlobuS is becoming a great contributor

Hello.. I'm using v14 of the ROM and i love it. I have a problem with solitare because the application is not saving the scores and every time I start the game i have the same cards position (the same game). Can someone attach exe file or write me how can I solve my problem with saving the scores
Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobuS View Post
Hello.. I'm using v14 of the ROM and i love it. I have a problem with solitare because the application is not saving the scores and every time I start the game i have the same cards position (the same game). Can someone attach exe file or write me how can I solve my problem with saving the scores
I really dont know....i dont think you can...but you can try this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6157398
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Use total commander for zip files. Actually use that for everything...there is nothing total commander cant do, that file explorer does. File explorer just sucks!

Maybe the mods I have for file explorer makes it not handle zip files? I dont know...I will look into it. But not in my priority list...
no big deal.the only reason i use file explorer is just because i have used it since WM5 and alot of the time i search for a file,cab, or zip by date,instead of name,but ill just start installing all my cabs, and zips into easily identified named folders so theyr easier to find and use total commander because after using pocket rar a cpl times i liked it but i still liked file explorer better,but then after using total comander yesterday ur right i do like total commander better and ur right it can do everything,i was just so used to using file explorer since like WM5.glad i tried something new,ur right file explorer isnt half as good as total comander,but file explorer is user friendly.but total commander does it all and isnt hard to use so im going to start to use total commander now for cab and zip file installation,so i really dont care anymore.
and file explorer would open up or unzip,after a soft-reset,at least one zip file and install it but when i tried to do the second zip file it woudnt even open up,or unzip any more zip files.but that was before i tried and got used to total commander.it does do everything,and very well.Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (in a few days anyway)
Carrier: Telus

theonyxguy is a n00b

Thank you, TY. I thought I almost bricked it there with task29 until I found a post on how to use it. So good to have the internet at my finger tips again.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good morning all, ai6908 great ROM is all I can say. Been on it now for 2 weeks and having no issues at all. I wanted to ask do you have a cab file for the taskbar that you are using with the latest cookie ROM. Finally having the 3G icon on a custom ROM has been something that I have always wanted but seems as though it never happens for the cdma ROM and I love the look of the one you are using. Thanks for all that you do and keep doing these great ROMS. Any plans to add threaded email back into the ROM? That is about all I miss from some other ROMS that I have tried and used in the past.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

CDMA devices use EVDO,which is the cdma version of 3G. Only GSM band devices come with the 3G icon by default standard. Im pretty sure 3G only means 3rd Generation. EVDO is just the CDMA 3rd generation,3G.Im sure AI will cab up the original taskbar from V?-V14.Hes cabd alot of things for me in the past.AI offers probably the best user support of any rom chef.Im sure when he has time he will cab the taskbar for u.Id like to have the taskbars from the older V?-V14 and the V15 taskbar in a cab as well because they are both great looking taskbars with full functionality, and like u said if u want the 3G icon on a cdma device then his task bar is a great looking choice.If he cabs them up i will save them on my micro sd-card for later use.but ive got all AIs cabs since Bhars rom was in its beta stages and all are great working cabs.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: BharS 5.2.23125|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|XDA_UC|02-Jul|V15|Co0kie|Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
CDMA devices use EVDO,which is the cdma version of 3G. Only GSM band devices come with the 3G icon by default standard. Im pretty sure 3G only means 3rd Generation. EVDO is just the CDMA 3rd generation,3G.Im sure AI will cab up the original taskbar from V?-V14.Hes cabd alot of things for me in the past.AI offers probably the best user support of any rom chef.Im sure when he has time he will cab the taskbar for u.Id like to have the taskbars from the older V?-V14 and the V15 taskbar in a cab as well because they are both great looking taskbars with full functionality, and like u said if u want the 3G icon on a cdma device then his task bar is a great looking choice.If he cabs them up i will save them on my micro sd-card for later use.but ive got all AIs cabs since Bhars rom was in its beta stages and all are great working cabs.
Yep you right his ROMs are awesome. I understand that EV and 3G are basically the same thing now days but Verizon Stock Roms come with the 3G icon as standard and have for sometime now. But the cooks all use the EV icon for the CDMA ROMS but you can use the 3G just as well it is just their choice to not do so for a good reason I am sure but I prefer the 3G icon myself just don't have the time to strip out the items involved and do it from the stock file that holds this icon, so when I realized that his ROM has the 3G icon for Verizon users I was happy and good to go since I have never had the EV icon on a Verizon smartphone since signing up with verizon over 3 years ago and I just like the 3G icon much better but lost that choice once I started using custom ROMs. So if AI could cab that up for me, so I will have it I would truly apprceiate it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development