View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
htcsql
PPCGeeks Regular

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: BharS 5.2.23125|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|XDA_UC|02-Jul|V15|Co0kie|Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
CDMA devices use EVDO,which is the cdma version of 3G. Only GSM band devices come with the 3G icon by default standard. Im pretty sure 3G only means 3rd Generation. EVDO is just the CDMA 3rd generation,3G.Im sure AI will cab up the original taskbar from V?-V14.Hes cabd alot of things for me in the past.AI offers probably the best user support of any rom chef.Im sure when he has time he will cab the taskbar for u.Id like to have the taskbars from the older V?-V14 and the V15 taskbar in a cab as well because they are both great looking taskbars with full functionality, and like u said if u want the 3G icon on a cdma device then his task bar is a great looking choice.If he cabs them up i will save them on my micro sd-card for later use.but ive got all AIs cabs since Bhars rom was in its beta stages and all are great working cabs.
Yep you right his ROMs are awesome. I understand that EV and 3G are basically the same thing now days but Verizon Stock Roms come with the 3G icon as standard and have for sometime now. But the cooks all use the EV icon for the CDMA ROMS but you can use the 3G just as well it is just their choice to not do so for a good reason I am sure but I prefer the 3G icon myself just don't have the time to strip out the items involved and do it from the stock file that holds this icon, so when I realized that his ROM has the 3G icon for Verizon users I was happy and good to go since I have never had the EV icon on a Verizon smartphone since signing up with verizon over 3 years ago and I just like the 3G icon much better but lost that choice once I started using custom ROMs. So if AI could cab that up for me, so I will have it I would truly apprceiate it
This post has been thanked 1 times.