PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|BLK& GTX|XDA_UC|30MAY|V12|CHT|BLK|FASTT

i downloaded maxsense and gave it a spin for a cpl hours and it is fast, but its still not quite what im looking for.If V12 is better than V11 then thats exactly what im lookin for.Im downloading V12 now and will flash it later tonight.The extra wav alarm files dont bother me.all of the original alarm sounds are still there if u scroll thru and look,and i do like the new bing,even if its still beta.it seems pretty solid to me.and definetly better than the older bing.especially the GPS.its almost as good as google maps now,but not quite yet.anyone else hav problems with bings new voice guided navigation,do i need my speakerphone on.or something else im not doing.thats the only issue ive had with the new bing at all.and it really doesnt bother me i just want to make sure im not doin something myself to make the voice navigation not function.Cant wait to flash the new V12 CHT.and i honestly still like the look of this rom the best,even better than Maxsense.but i havent got to play with maxsense fully yet,because i still like this rom better and it seems more user friendly and easier to use.V12 should be about a good as sense 2.5 can get,because its been the best sense 2.5 rom since about V9 or V10.1.and it just keeps getting better.i also love the inclusion of the speed test app.
also do the EPST ##778# and ##debug# codes work on V12.they didnt work on V11 for me but they did work with V10.1 tho.Im hoping that they function again with V12.
Is the task manager different in V12,oris it the same as in V10 and V11.I know V11 has the X2 task mngr but it only appears on my screen for a split second so ive still been using the other task manager.which seems to work pretty good.I would like to see mayb just the X2 or just the MM task manager again.instead of both the current task managers.but hey i love the rom and dont have any complaints about any of the builds,new or old.they all were the best for their time.and even the old builds are still very stable,but the newer builds are even more stable,alot faster,and have newer/different/updated apps and programs.not to mention alot better memory.and now with CHT cooked in its absolutely the closest rom to perfection for my taste,needs,and wants.Thanks again for the new release,V12 CHT.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
lbcary

Re: |WWE|BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|BLK& GTX|XDA_UC|30MAY|V12|CHT|BLK|FASTT

I flashed to Maxsense again last nite just to giv it a second try.Ive got to say im still not impressed.its nice but for all the wait and hype i just feel that it didnt quite live up to its hype.saying it was gonna be the fastest and best rom/UI with a full combination of WM 6.5,Android,and SPB Mobile Shell.but it looks like a WM 6.5.X rom with a customized SPB shell.i dont see alot of Android,if any,in it.And its definitely not the fastest,most responsive rom available. This rom,V12,seems quite a bit faster and more responsive than maxsense.I think that even with all the beta-testing its still a little buggy or slow for me.I think tha mayb one day it cud be something but for now please dont release a Maxsense Bhars rom.All ur roms to date have almost all been about as close to perfect as the any of the best roms available at the time,and better than most.Now with the release of V12 the rom is even greater.Its faster,lower slider appears to hav even less lag than previous rom builds,great memory even after all of my cabs and daily use,and is extremely stable.V12 is the best build so far.I did hav to use the CHT cab fix again tho,and i still cant reaarange the lower tabs.also the ##codes# still dont work like they did on most previous roms.But i installed Ninjas Verizon EPST cab and it installs directly to the Tools folder so the EPST functions now,but id like the ##DEBUG# code to work also.But thats it.Its awesome.i also really like the inclusion of SpeedTest in the rom.Its nice to know the true speed of your device.My device is faster than i thought it would be on the Cricket Network.Its actually pretty fast on Crickets EVDO network,and is amazingly fast on my homes wifi network.great work,great rom,V12, thanks again.

Last edited by lbcary; 06-03-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Well I am not planning on releasing a Max Manila ROM anytime soon! Ass Mr.Big said, himself and NRGZ got ROMs, and I think thats more than enough! I personally think, its an awesome mod. But its just not for day to day use yet!

Not sure whats going on with the debug codes! I use same stuff as V9, but it doesnt work. I will look to see if I can fix it.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:28 PM
lbcary

thanks alot.V12 is a great release anyway.the best to date i think.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
thanks alot.V12 is a great release anyway.the best to date i think.
Agreed.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP 2

chihashu is a n00b

Using V12. Internet sharing ("USB") doesn't work. I get an error message "The file 'IntShr' cannot be opened....
Old 06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihashu View Post
Using V12. Internet sharing ("USB") doesn't work. I get an error message "The file 'IntShr' cannot be opened....
I've actually noticed this in the past few versions but always forget to mention it!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihashu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
I've actually noticed this in the past few versions but always forget to mention it!
Hmmm I will look into it. Thanks for bringing that up...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

where is CHE editor found in this rom.. i cant find it and when i tried to install it the program doesnt open
Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
where is CHE editor found in this rom.. i cant find it and when i tried to install it the program doesnt open
CHT editor is included in ROM. It is available under utilities, from StartMenu. For some reason, CHT from Manila menu does not work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development