PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
RED DAWN..please.

TOO SLOW!

Purple Haze already almost finished for beta testing. May have some teaser pics up late if get the chance. Got to spend sometime with wife and my dogs.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

OK, Lot's of questions since I checked in.

First, I like skyfire but not as my go-to browser. I actually load opera 9.7 and make it the default. I think the zoom bar is a plus feature and like it's capability. If I can run opera then your rom can't be to low on memory!

As far as the content of the rom, I like it were it is. I install maybe 10 additonal programs ranging from utilities to pocket uno. I don't think it is sluggish at all. Can't really say I've given another rom a fair chance since I've started running timberwolf but I think your speed is as good or better.

I guess the newness of facebook hasn't worn off yet, so I say leave it in.

I guess the concensus is purple haze so... Yea let's do Purple Haze, that's great! LOL

Facebook tab does update every two hours (or when you hit the update). The latest update goes to the top of the list (below your latest update). The thing that bugs me is that everytime I flash and reload the facebook app it announces it! The majority of my updates are "... installed Facebook for win..." (maybe I should update more (or flash less)!)

Last edited by suntopper; 04-06-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
OK, Lot's of questions since I checked in.

First, I like skyfire but not as my go-to browser. I actually load opera 9.7 and make it the default. I think the zoom bar is a plus feature and like it's capability. If I can run opera then your rom can't be to low on memory!

As far as the content of the rom, I like it were it is. I install maybe 10 additonal programs ranging from utilities to pocket uno. I don't think it is sluggish at all. Can't really say I've given another rom a fair chance since I've started running timberwolf but I think your speed is as good or better.

I guess the newness of facebook hasn't worn off yet, so I say leave it in.

I guess the concensus is purple haze so... Yea let's do Purple Haze, that's great! LOL

Facebook tab does update every two hours (or when you hit the update). The latest update goes to the top of the list (below your latest update). The thing that bugs me is that everytime I flash and reload the facebook app it announces it! The majority of my updates are "... installed Facebook for win..." (maybe I should update more (or flash less)!)
Same here for Skyfire. Will leave that as option for install by user.

All Theme roms will be available for down. This way you may choose your theme. Why different colored theme in each rom? So many graphics images to edit, building a cab would take more time than I wish to spend.

Now that I understand how to work with Facebook. Will leave it in for now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

chile62 is becoming a great contributor

Jstine, I am new to this Windows Mobile thing so i need a Rom that looks good and is very stable/reliable. Your Timberwolf Roms are custom made for those of us that are just now getting our feet wet, we can throw a few cabs at our phones without having to worry tha it'll lock-up at the worst possible time.
As far as light rom vs heavy rom I would like to see a heavily maxed out rom where everything is included, (I love eye-candy) and I am now to the point where i am comfortable enough in the "deeper waters".
But you should also make a Basic rom where the user can customize to his/her needs.
Whatever you decide to do, will be fine as long as you make it, a maxed out rom (LOL).
Thanks for all of your hard work, You have no idea how much happiness you bring to me whenever there is an update.

Ed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

plada2315 is just getting started
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *NEW Purple Haze Preview 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3

i have to say i love ur rom im using sprint only v5 max 3.0 and its runs smooth and fast one of the best i have EVER seen, however i have a problem it seems to freeze on me on a regular almost like i will leave the phone laying around and when i come back to get it the screen shows someone calling and the screen is frozen do you anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how i could fix it?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Re: [04/07/10]V5 *NEW Purple Haze Preview 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3

Preview of Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze in 1st post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by plada2315 View Post
i have to say i love ur rom im using sprint only v5 max 3.0 and its runs smooth and fast one of the best i have EVER seen, however i have a problem it seems to freeze on me on a regular almost like i will leave the phone laying around and when i come back to get it the screen shows someone calling and the screen is frozen do you anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how i could fix it?

Im having that same problem.... when installed, after the second day or so, i will start to have it freeze on me AFTER phone calls, and sometimes when i wake it up . it will dispay the time when i last woke it up and i have to soft reset.

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Groovey man. I'm getting excited. I guess I better make that ringtone.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post

Timberwolf

Why dont you start a new thread to consolidate all these posts.

We will follow wherever you go

Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Timberwolf

Why dont you start a new thread to consolidate all these posts.

We will follow wherever you go
Thought about that, still undecided.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme