PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

+1 on battery life, but it's only been a few days so, like you, I'm waiting to see!

Regarding a lock screen program I use the one from the following post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...51#post1668451

I've had no problems with it. Phone goes to sleep or I turn it off and it engages.

Sorry cant' help with the mail thing. I saved my mail registry settings a long time ago in cab format. Run the cab and mail is ready to go.
ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey1 View Post
When setting up my email, with other roms, usually it gets to a "look for settings automatically" promp and contines on to finishing the setup. With V5, it stops at this prompt and says "can't find settings".

Data is turned on and everything else is working ok. I'll try a manual setup to see if it works...

Also, batt life doesn't seem as good a previous version... will report after a day or two. Cheers.

Edit, is there a way to turn on a lockscreen that activates everytime the phone goes to sleep? The one where you have to swipe a tab to open the phone for use. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

donkey1 is a n00b
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

thanks suntopper, trying the lockscreen now...
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
+1 on battery life, but it's only been a few days so, like you, I'm waiting to see!

Regarding a lock screen program I use the one from the following post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...51#post1668451

I've had no problems with it. Phone goes to sleep or I turn it off and it engages.

Sorry cant' help with the mail thing. I saved my mail registry settings a long time ago in cab format. Run the cab and mail is ready to go.
ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey1 View Post
thanks suntopper, trying the lockscreen now...
The only problem with the above program, at least for Sprint users. If you are using Nav or any other program while driving. The phone will lock with sleep mode and you have to unlock everytime you need to check the screen. I may be wrong about Nav, the phone may not go into sleep while using this program. What does work is Max's auto lock, if done correct. I found that you can turn the phone on face all day long and the phone may or may not lock per the instruction. What does work, turn the phone on it face and point the top at an angle and Max autolock will work everytime.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Awe, you know I always come home to the pack!

Check out the facebook caps:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113231

The more I play, the more I learn.
Breakthrough: I didn't have the other friends on my contacts. I went to people tab > all people > new and scroll down to facebook link. I now have all my friends on the facebook tab! (funny how it seems that everyone wants to be my friend. Cousins, sons and daughters of cousins, friends of friends... (you'd think I won the lotto!) But it does make me feel special!

Edit: Well as near as I can tell, the tab page only displays the last update from a friend (and yourself). I think you have to go into the facebook app or facebook online (see menu softkey) to actually post anything. Still not to bad. Definitely better than I thought last night!

I found that also. it only updates the friends you have on your contact list. Still just to have the tab because its the newest thing out pleases me. It still is pretty slow, but what the hell its not hurting anything .

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Poll:

1. Yes - Install Skyfire browser in the rom
2. Yes - Install Skyfire and remove Opera 10
3. No - Let it user install
4. Don't like the program, Opera or IE6 are better

And don't request to remove IE6, it can be done but is a royal plan to do.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Hey just curious. On the internet tab, It doesnt seem to save the page shot on the internet favorite tabs like it does with other sense roms.Is this because of opera 10?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
I found that also. it only updates the friends you have on your contact list. Still just to have the tab because its the newest thing out pleases me. It still is pretty slow, but what the hell its not hurting anything .

Why have it if there's no benefit. I like the Doc and E-read tab, for me they serve a purpose. It to his or her own, I need to know from the users if we are to keep the Facebook tab or lose it?

1. More tabs, less memory available.

When I started this thread with V1. 61% memory available at boot. Now we are lucky if we get 50%.
Here's a list of programs available on the roms. Some will want everything installed, some a few and others none.

1. MS IM (Small footprint)
2. My Phone, not needed since I use Outlook 2007 for sync. I know some of you don't have O2007 and My Phone is a "I need it" so my vote is void. (Small footprint
3. RSS Feed (Small footprint)
4. PHM Registry (Maybe at times) but not everyday. (Small footprint)
5. Voice Recorder (one of the programs u might just need)depends(Small footprint)
6. Total Commander ("I need it" as least for me) (Small footprint)
7. SprintTV (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
8. SprintNav (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
9. Opera 10 Final (Large footprint)
10. Opera Mini 5 (Small footprint) (Very Fast when compared to Opera 10)
11. Marketplace (? if you want to install free programs everytime you flash) (Small footprint)
12. Google Maps (Med foot print)
13. Adobe Reader ("I need it") most will need at some time or other.
14. Bluetooth Audio (Small footprint) good program.
15. CleanRam 2.1 (Sorry, a must have program) (Small footprint)
16. PHM Backup (A must have) (Small footprint)
17. MS Live (?, needed for Marketplace)(Small footprint)

At the start of this thread I would use a rom done to my taste. And one for release. The I decided to use the same rom I release. That way if there was issues I would get them also.

So you tell me?
1. Light Rom, user does most of the installs
2. Med Rom, I few must have programs (Opera,BT Audio,Marketplace)
3. Heavy Rom, everything now installed at flash
4. Max my rom out, throw in the kitchen sink!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Hey just curious. On the internet tab, It doesnt seem to save the page shot on the internet favorite tabs like it does with other sense roms.Is this because of opera 10?
Yes, if there is some registry tweak to allow Opera to use those shortcuts, please tell where or how to make it happen.

Thanks Hypnotic for posting about Opera. I have been planning on searching for an answer, but never find the time. So if any of you have the time or a seen a post let me know.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would say just the must have programs to be cooked in.

Also, I came back to your version 5 after staying on your original tw rom

I noticed you dont have cleanram on it what happened?!

So when is version 6 coming out. haha

Dude you are the only rom I stay on these days. I just cycle through your versions. haha

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-06-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post

Why have it if there's no benefit. I like the Doc and E-read tab, for me they serve a purpose. It to his or her own, I need to know from the users if we are to keep the Facebook tab or lose it?
After trying it I can say I don't really see any benefit. I was hoping to see updates from friends, but it just doesn't seem to do that. My vote is take it out and save the memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
1. More tabs, less memory available.

When I started this thread with V1. 61% memory available at boot. Now we are lucky if we get 50%.
Here's a list of programs available on the roms. Some will want everything installed, some a few and others none.

1. MS IM (Small footprint)
2. My Phone, not needed since I use Outlook 2007 for sync. I know some of you don't have O2007 and My Phone is a "I need it" so my vote is void. (Small footprint
3. RSS Feed (Small footprint)
4. PHM Registry (Maybe at times) but not everyday. (Small footprint)
5. Voice Recorder (one of the programs u might just need)depends(Small footprint)
6. Total Commander ("I need it" as least for me) (Small footprint)
7. SprintTV (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
8. SprintNav (Only on Sprint Roms)(Med footprint)
9. Opera 10 Final (Large footprint)
10. Opera Mini 5 (Small footprint) (Very Fast when compared to Opera 10)
11. Marketplace (? if you want to install free programs everytime you flash) (Small footprint)
12. Google Maps (Med foot print)
13. Adobe Reader ("I need it") most will need at some time or other.
14. Bluetooth Audio (Small footprint) good program.
15. CleanRam 2.1 (Sorry, a must have program) (Small footprint)
16. PHM Backup (A must have) (Small footprint)
17. MS Live (?, needed for Marketplace)(Small footprint)

At the start of this thread I would use a rom done to my taste. And one for release. The I decided to use the same rom I release. That way if there was issues I would get them also.

So you tell me?
1. Light Rom, user does most of the installs
2. Med Rom, I few must have programs (Opera,BT Audio,Marketplace)
3. Heavy Rom, everything now installed at flash
4. Max my rom out, throw in the kitchen sink!

Although it is handy to have all the programs there already they are easy to install. I vote for one "Lite" ROM, and one "Sprint" ROM that includes TV and NAV. I have all of the .cabs I use on my card so re-installation is just a matter of sitting down for a few minutes to install them all...usually with a cup of coffee in my hand.

Once again thanks for all your work. I wish I knew how to cook my own, but I don't even know where to start.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme