PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Vin,

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Your ROM's are amazing. I trust (or rather... hope!) you'll keep an eye out for better updates.

But until then, if it happens - thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Well I looked at 290xx builds and I have a feeling that they few steps behind from other branches.
Update will be more like a downgrade,imo.Could be wrong
have used it on NRG and 29007 is mighty smooth imho.
had a few issues with freezes tho.but overall fast!!
but how about an update (any sys you think is good!!!) on the vanilla rom please vin?
i use spb and a nice small and stable rom will be perfecto!!!!
not that your other roms are not perfect...just you know us flash junkies!!!!
oce a flasher always a flasher lol!!!!!!

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2

Last edited by krazydude; 01-23-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work

People are always asking for updates, all of the other roms are update because there is something wrong with it!!!

Vin's roms need no fixing, their perfect, hence no update...

Still the best, thanks Vin........
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Guy was in a bad mood,thats it.Good day,bad day,its always like that lol
What an awesome attitude!! =]=] Thank you for your efforts here and at PPCk!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We all hAve rom favorites,
and maybey roms we wish were just as good AS Vinn's to flash to.
Or roms we wish we could customize in a kitchen.
I have a few favorites and many here know I have been on other threads.
I choose to embrace a rom thats better, rather than dismiss it.
There will be lovers and haters in every thread.

But I feel now the need to defend myself, while exposing bias.

To Shahriar5252:
First you disarm, by complimenting,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahriar5252 View Post
Hi vin: I found yours to be the most elegantly designed one.
And then you imply something wrong with his rom.
Quote:
As for the disappearing or freezing dialer issue on your TP2 ROM for Sprint...
And then you mask it by adding other roms,
BUT yet you posted your complaints in THIS thread only.
Quote:
I also noticed that in all custom ROMs including yours, ResProxy and SQM upload (Software Quality Management upload) has been disabled from the registry keys. Although removing them does free up 10-15% RAM on TP2, it may also contribute to some of the disappearing or freezing of the phone when a phone call comes through as I described in my original post.
YOU ARE INCORRECT and MISLEADING,..
ResProxy IS NOT disabled in latest Vinn's rom, infact OPPOSITE IS TRUE..
it is still enabled LIKE MANY OTHER CUTOM ROMS...

AND, you are still implicating your own issues.(freezing).
If I were to assume this is an innocent mistake, which I don't,
I would say to remove your storage card while device sets up on a hard reset.
That whay you won't accidentally install apps, or a cab like "SSKTP2DynamicResourceProxy.cab" from the SDcard,
so it won't install, because some roms have auto-installers.

Quote:
I recommend removing Sip changer, nueBattery and Tarkim's Keyboard Controller from your ROM because the resources that they take up may cause instability issues ....
I can put your mind at ease on those apps as I have no issues with them.
In fact they are most usefull and it is curious why you would point them out.
The maker of "nuebattery" alone, is far, far, away more knowledgeable then you could believe,
and you are just promoting slander on him and his excellent app...

Quote:
Oh, and despite the unfair criticism of my last post by some other people in this thread, please don't in any way think that I am complaining about your TP2 ROMs..
While it's nice that you said "please don't", you must be corrected.
Fact is, you already did and continue indirectly complaining about his rom!,
You even said you went back to stock, as if that is better!

My guess is that you are intelligent enough to realize your mistake of complaining, by the responses you got, but you won't admit it.
Maybey that's the reason of your "clarification" posts

And my criticism actually was fair, although slightly sarcastic,
because I even thou I noticed your unfair critisism,
I still gave you advice, as opposed to YOU, calling me names.

Quote:
I think the HTC and Microsoft Windows Mobile programmers were full of idiots like you....
.....So shut up and stop being rude.
If you didn't insult me I would have actually considered your view in how you were offended.

Instead will I see it as you being offended that I actually exposed your bias, as you are in denial of it.

Quote:
... people that like to use mockery or bad language are in need of saving face.
Really? In that case, stop venting yourself and look in the mirror.

If you look as Sprint site on the TP2 reviews,
you will see hundereds of similar complaining posts like yours...
These are the type of posts that novice users make.
So I have a logical reason why I assumed you must have been a novice.
Yet by your admission that you are not, neither are you asking for help.
which only brings suspicion that your posts are "hater" posts.

But i want to believe the good in people:

I believe you are a regular user who is fustrated by not having the TP2 work correctly.
After trying most other roms, with dissapointing results,
You were counting on the great reputation of Vinn's rom to "save the day",

It was "epic-fail" and you will not admit that it's your own fault
why so many roms had problems with you!
So you vented here, the last rom.. the last hope before giving up and flashing stock.
Then you refuse to accept it could be something you did,
and try to lay the blame on other apps for your freezing & memory issues.

So, at the end of the day, I forgive you, even if you don't forgive me.
And by the way, I am also fed up with M$ WinMobile,
and also just waiting for new phones to appear.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

PM anyone? Seems these arguments may be better in their own private PM session.

Last edited by RED_RAIN; 01-23-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

Originally Posted by Touched Pro 2
You hate microsoft so much that you not only bought a touch pro, but you went ahead and bought a tp2 also. That'll show those monopolists!

Quote:
I gave Microsoft a final chance because they were coming up with wm6.5 on TP2, but they disappointed many people with its inadequacies.

So you didn't do any research on the phone and just bought it on impulse and didn't like it. Well, you made a mistake. Other people like the phone and the roms, so it was highly inappropriate to post your d isgust with the evil monopolists in this thread. You probably aren't aware of this, but linux based OSes have a larger part of market share than microsoft. Just letting you know before you buy an EVO and find out later about that.

You complain about all the apps on the custom roms. Guess what? There is bloat on the stock roms too. You don't like arkswitch? Turn it off. That's what I do. Replace it with an app that doesn't consume so much ram. Do something. Neither Vin, nor your carrier or Microsoft should have to hold your hand when you operate your phone.

Quote:
The apps are build into the ROM, which means they can't be removed from the Windows folder. They were taking RAM and ROM memory, and TP2 is limited with memory and plenty of apps like HTC YouTube and HTC Album want to cache on the device memory too. So soon enough, the device runs out of storage memory and you will stop receiving SMS, etc. Less stuff loaded on the ROM, means more device storage for seeing some Flash movies in PIE, and Flash caches only on device storage. And not everything can be turned off, e.g., nuebattery, Keyboard Controller, etc. If you like, I can hold your hand and guide your finger to each of the folders that the apps cache to. Or are you intelligent enough to do it yourself?

Well, I'm pretty sure there is an option to quit Arkswitch. I got rid of Google maps too, but I was trying. I can go to the task manager and close any programs that I'm not using. When I do that, I can reclaim the ram that was being used on the unused programs. There are many roms out there. Some have many "apps", some do not. In the end, if you pick a custom rom that has programs you don't want, it's your fault. Most of the guys have changelogs between builds saying what is in and what is out, and if they don't...just ask. Don't whine because YOU picked a rom with more apps than you need.

I have used a few roms and a few different rom builds from Vin. I have only had dialer problems once. I couldn't get the dialer to come up at all and I had no signal. It could have been a bad flash...probably user error of some sort. Guess what happened? I reflashed and no more dialer problems. You having problems with lag from apps that are just on your phone, but not running? Reflash. I don't see how apps that are just on your phone and not running can slow your phone down, but I don't know everything about roms.

Quote:
I did re-flash and I did a task29 before each flash too. Maybe you got YOUR dialer problem the first time you flashed the custom ROM because you didn't even know about task29 and why you need to do task29 before flashing? So now why don't you stop barking the wrong tree, and search for task29.

I task29 before flashes because I read about flashing well before I attempted a flash or before I posted about how I couldn't get the rom working on my phone. If you want to tell me something I don't know about, do that.

Vin has worked hard on these roms. I'm not jock riding. It's just a fact. If everyone could do it, they would. If it was so easy to correct problems and put your signature style and making themes and all of that, people would be coming out with different builds everyday. It takes time to get things right...and I can't really complain. I mean, he's taking that time and releasing these roms to us for free. Yet you're complaining about it? If you don't like a custom rom, go to another one...or go to stock. Don't complain about a gift.

Quote:
you are not a good reader. I was only describing my experiences. There are no complaints on free stuff. So instead of jock riding, try a donkey.

You were complaining. If you couldn't get the dialer to work or you couldn't get texts because you were running too many programs, say that. Telling the history of mobile devices, telling about your headaches, and telling how you don't like custom roms is complaining. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Please don't disrespect Vin, hijack his thread, and blog about the history of mobile phones. Nobody wants to be bothered with it. You want an "eye-toy", go get one. Don't come here and tell us to "divorce" anything. If you never used another custom rom, no one would have known or cared. You decided to share your "expert opinion" with us. Thanks....really. That's the problem with people nowadays. They're all spoiled and self-important and instead of doing things for themselves, they whine about it like anybody cares. Please don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Quote:
You are good at pontificating. But be careful not to slip on your spam . Anyway your rude attitude does not impress me. It only shows that you are a .

I was not trying to impress you. I was telling you that Vin's thread was not the place to complain about custom roms or microsoft. You complain...then you say it's not complaining. With all of that knowledge, one would think that you would know what the word "complain" means....also the word "hypocrite". You posted that long winded tirade about custom roms,and then you try to make up for the post by telling Vin that you would try his Evo rom. It seems that you are the one trying to save face. You should take my advice...stop posting about the iphone in a tp2 forum. No one cares. If they did, they would have an iphone. They wouldn't need your reviews either. I mean, you don't even know how to operate your phone.

Last edited by Touched Pro 2; 01-24-2011 at 12:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Man,I'll try read everything carefully
I used to remove resproxy from HTC Vogue ROM when baked HTC Mega packs.It saved 15%=15Mb of RAM (Vogue had 100Mb of total RAM).

Similar treak worked on TP2 Shipped WM 6.1.-Sense 2.1
On WM 6.5-Sense 2.5 it caused camera errors and many other weird thing.I dont know why.

I've seen few posts with flashdance advice.I think those days is over.
I'm 1 of those who dont beleave in flashdance fixes.Its digital device.Also if the phone part of device is screwd (with flashing from one carrier to another,or messing in cdma workshop and such),flashing ANY ROM (custom or Shipped) not going to fix anything.Even reversal logistics support has limited powers

Bad download is possible and I keep them in RAR to make sure,its delivered properly.1 minor archive error and RAR will be non-extractable

Last edited by vin255764; 01-24-2011 at 12:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_RAIN View Post
PM anyone? Seems these arguments may be better in their own private PM session.

Shhhhhhh dont wreck my entertainment... had a loong weekend and just finally sitting back with some popcorn and a large.. orange.. drink..

please drive through and do NOT put your hands or other limbs outside of the moving vehicle, some of the animals do indeed bite, thank you and have a nice day

DD

Last edited by detroit_doug; 01-24-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
....Also if the phone part of device is screwd (with flashing from one carrier to another,or messing in cdma workshop and such),flashing ANY ROM (custom or Shipped) not going to fix anything.Even reversal logistics support has limited powers
I had a similar issue affecting the radio.
I used cab called "WMLongLife",
Used for battery saving control over your "radio",
I had overlooked that it left the radio set on 1x,
Then I flashed another rom, and it stayed on 1x!
I kept reseting and flashing till I realized what I did.
I just had to re-install the app while on the other rom,
to get the EV back!

Anyway I decided to try the pluto rom so I am on it for now.
Feels like another device
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development