View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Touched Pro 2
Lurker

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Originally Posted by Touched Pro 2
You hate microsoft so much that you not only bought a touch pro, but you went ahead and bought a tp2 also. That'll show those monopolists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahriar5252 View Post
I gave Microsoft a final chance because they were coming up with wm6.5 on TP2, but they disappointed many people with its inadequacies.

So you didn't do any research on the phone and just bought it on impulse and didn't like it. Well, you made a mistake. Other people like the phone and the roms, so it was highly inappropriate to post your d isgust with the evil monopolists in this thread. You probably aren't aware of this, but linux based OSes have a larger part of market share than microsoft. Just letting you know before you buy an EVO and find out later about that.

You complain about all the apps on the custom roms. Guess what? There is bloat on the stock roms too. You don't like arkswitch? Turn it off. That's what I do. Replace it with an app that doesn't consume so much ram. Do something. Neither Vin, nor your carrier or Microsoft should have to hold your hand when you operate your phone.

Quote:
The apps are build into the ROM, which means they can't be removed from the Windows folder. They were taking RAM and ROM memory, and TP2 is limited with memory and plenty of apps like HTC YouTube and HTC Album want to cache on the device memory too. So soon enough, the device runs out of storage memory and you will stop receiving SMS, etc. Less stuff loaded on the ROM, means more device storage for seeing some Flash movies in PIE, and Flash caches only on device storage. And not everything can be turned off, e.g., nuebattery, Keyboard Controller, etc. If you like, I can hold your hand and guide your finger to each of the folders that the apps cache to. Or are you intelligent enough to do it yourself?

Well, I'm pretty sure there is an option to quit Arkswitch. I got rid of Google maps too, but I was trying. I can go to the task manager and close any programs that I'm not using. When I do that, I can reclaim the ram that was being used on the unused programs. There are many roms out there. Some have many "apps", some do not. In the end, if you pick a custom rom that has programs you don't want, it's your fault. Most of the guys have changelogs between builds saying what is in and what is out, and if they don't...just ask. Don't whine because YOU picked a rom with more apps than you need.

I have used a few roms and a few different rom builds from Vin. I have only had dialer problems once. I couldn't get the dialer to come up at all and I had no signal. It could have been a bad flash...probably user error of some sort. Guess what happened? I reflashed and no more dialer problems. You having problems with lag from apps that are just on your phone, but not running? Reflash. I don't see how apps that are just on your phone and not running can slow your phone down, but I don't know everything about roms.

Quote:
I did re-flash and I did a task29 before each flash too. Maybe you got YOUR dialer problem the first time you flashed the custom ROM because you didn't even know about task29 and why you need to do task29 before flashing? So now why don't you stop barking the wrong tree, and search for task29.

I task29 before flashes because I read about flashing well before I attempted a flash or before I posted about how I couldn't get the rom working on my phone. If you want to tell me something I don't know about, do that.

Vin has worked hard on these roms. I'm not jock riding. It's just a fact. If everyone could do it, they would. If it was so easy to correct problems and put your signature style and making themes and all of that, people would be coming out with different builds everyday. It takes time to get things right...and I can't really complain. I mean, he's taking that time and releasing these roms to us for free. Yet you're complaining about it? If you don't like a custom rom, go to another one...or go to stock. Don't complain about a gift.

Quote:
you are not a good reader. I was only describing my experiences. There are no complaints on free stuff. So instead of jock riding, try a donkey.

You were complaining. If you couldn't get the dialer to work or you couldn't get texts because you were running too many programs, say that. Telling the history of mobile devices, telling about your headaches, and telling how you don't like custom roms is complaining. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Please don't disrespect Vin, hijack his thread, and blog about the history of mobile phones. Nobody wants to be bothered with it. You want an "eye-toy", go get one. Don't come here and tell us to "divorce" anything. If you never used another custom rom, no one would have known or cared. You decided to share your "expert opinion" with us. Thanks....really. That's the problem with people nowadays. They're all spoiled and self-important and instead of doing things for themselves, they whine about it like anybody cares. Please don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Quote:
You are good at pontificating. But be careful not to slip on your spam . Anyway your rude attitude does not impress me. It only shows that you are a .

I was not trying to impress you. I was telling you that Vin's thread was not the place to complain about custom roms or microsoft. You complain...then you say it's not complaining. With all of that knowledge, one would think that you would know what the word "complain" means....also the word "hypocrite". You posted that long winded tirade about custom roms,and then you try to make up for the post by telling Vin that you would try his Evo rom. It seems that you are the one trying to save face. You should take my advice...stop posting about the iphone in a tp2 forum. No one cares. If they did, they would have an iphone. They wouldn't need your reviews either. I mean, you don't even know how to operate your phone.

Last edited by Touched Pro 2; 01-24-2011 at 12:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.