PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM| v1.0 WM6.5.3 (28014)/Manila 2.1 for Sprint

[QUOTE=Malatesta;1424227]I think if you disable the HTC Manila start menu (the .cab should do that Start --> Tools --> Manila --> Disable) and soft reset it comes back. Been awhile since I tried, but give it a shot. I don't think it will do both HTC Start and HTC Program tab.

Ah I see, so there is no way to get both the WM6.5 start menu icons and have a touch flow tab that has the program quicklaunch bar - is this some restriction of WM 6.5.3? I thought this is exactly what mightyrom does (although he is on 6.5.1)? That way, you get kind of a mix of the best of both worlds with a nice quicklauch app screen but the stability of 2.1 =)

Last edited by mjodotcom; 12-19-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Malatesta, did notice two bugs in the rom. If I am inside a threaded text message, and slide the keyboard out to respond..no problem, the screen rotates accordingly. However, after I send the message/email on its way and close up the keyboard, the screen does not rotate back - it stays in the landscape orientation even with the keyboard shut. What I end up having to do is press send to go back to the home screen in order to get things proper again. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thoughts on a fix?

Secondly, it seems that everytime I receive a text message when I look at my phone the onscreen keyboard pops up (even when on the today tab?).

I did do a hard reset after flashing. No dice.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Malatesta, did notice two bugs in the rom. If I am inside a threaded text message, and slide the keyboard out to respond..no problem, the screen rotates accordingly. However, after I send the message/email on its way and close up the keyboard, the screen does not rotate back - it stays in the landscape orientation even with the keyboard shut. What I end up having to do is press send to go back to the home screen in order to get things proper again. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thoughts on a fix?

Secondly, it seems that everytime I receive a text message when I look at my phone the onscreen keyboard pops up (even when on the today tab?).
I think most of the ROMS that use 6.5.5 have this same problem. Heres hoping it gets fixed, but its not really that big an issue.

SIP Pop up is annoying and REALLY persistent in this rom. I find myself opening the keyboard and then clicking the text, just so that im not lagged by the OSK popping up and down and up.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 12-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

hands down the best rom i have ever seen and i used juicy's regularly. the only thing i want to see is sense 2.5 even though it's not as good as 2.1 at the moment but i like it.

remember that's just something i would like to see.. the rom is sweet as it can be
Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Is there a setting I can change to make programs end when I hit the X button and thanks.

Gary
Old 12-19-2009, 10:14 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Feedback is excellent...gonna flash this later today...will post back results..thx!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

ok.. just ran into an issue which is serious for my type of work but may not be serious to others.

i setup my email, i can see the email in the mail tab and the envelopes show my email as i scroll through them but i can't access them when i tap them. i went into accounts and my email account is not in there. i tried setting the same email account again but i get a message stating that email account already exists.

anyone run into this and fixed it?

at this moment i will be hard reseting the device to see if it works.. i'll keep you posted

edit: hard reset seems to have fixed the issue.. i'm going to install mr x sprint fix for tv and i will install sprint nav also

edit: the issue with email accounts is caused my the mr x sprint fix as this is the only thing i installed and had the issue come up after reboot. removing mrx sprint cab to see if my settings will revert back..

edit: rebooting the device after uninstall of mr x sprint fix did not help. hard resetting once again to see if after setting up my email and rebooting the device is the issue without installing mr x sprint fix.

edit: setup email after hard reset and did not install mr x sprint fix, restarted device and all is well.

do not install mr x sprint fix if you need email to work and if you install mr x sprint fix, you will not be able to uninstall it to fix the problem as you must hard reset the device to make email work again.

regards

Last edited by itster; 12-19-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:44 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Mal this seams to be new I noticed it in the last build you sent me so I downloaded the final you have posted and its still there. The magnet fix seams to be busted as well did you take it out or is something I am installing breaking it?
β€œIt is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:50 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Is there a setting I can change to make programs end when I hit the X button and thanks.

Gary
No there is no setting for this the task manager Mal is using is lag free that is why he is using it the drawback is there is no way to set X button to close programs. When on the today screen just tap the top right corner of the screen this will bring up a list of running programs and allow you to close.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 sprint
Carrier: sprint

tmacgarris6727 is a n00b

1`````````````````1111111111111111

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development