PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vodafone

antnavara is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM| v1.0 WM6.5.3 (28014)/Manila 2.1 for Sprint

Hello,

Is it possible to install any FM Radio application to this ROM? I'm looking for any application to be installed in my HTC TOUCH PRO 2 Sprint.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnavara View Post
Hello,

Is it possible to install any FM Radio application to this ROM? I'm looking for any application to be installed in my HTC TOUCH PRO 2 Sprint.

Thanks
Sprint and other CDMA devices do not have the radio hardware. Only GSM devices have it. It's a bummer, but it's not possible to do.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
Sprint and other CDMA devices do not have the radio hardware. Only GSM devices have it. It's a bummer, but it's not possible to do.
There are Internet radio applications that you can install, however, that would allow you to listen to streaming FM radio. Not certain if that is what you wanted, but many of these do work. Kinoma, etc. - just search and you will find several. Hope that helps.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Just in case you're the type the reads the last thread first, here is some info on email:

ok.. just ran into an issue which is serious for my type of work but may not be serious to others.

i setup my email, i can see the email in the mail tab and the envelopes show my email as i scroll through them but i can't access them when i tap them. i went into accounts and my email account is not in there. i tried setting the same email account again but i get a message stating that email account already exists.

at this moment i will be hard reseting the device to see if it works.. i'll keep you posted

edit: hard reset seems to have fixed the issue.. i'm going to install mr x sprint fix for tv and i will install sprint nav also

edit: the issue with email accounts is caused my the mr x sprint fix as this is the only thing i installed and had the issue come up after reboot. removing mrx sprint cab to see if my settings will revert back..

edit: rebooting the device after uninstall of mr x sprint fix did not help. hard resetting once again to see if after setting up my email and rebooting the device is the issue without installing mr x sprint fix.

edit: setup email after hard reset and did not install mr x sprint fix, restarted device and all is well.

do not install mr x sprint fix if you need email to work and if you install mr x sprint fix, you will not be able to uninstall it to fix the problem as you must hard reset the device to make email work again.

regards
Old 12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Great rom...installed yesterday and thus far have not found bugs.
This is as good or better then cfay's.
I am amazed of the attention to detail on this work.

Keep up the good work, will report back if any issues are found.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

i just noticed something that will get me killed if my wife found out i no longer have.. BUBBLE BREAKER!

if anyone has please send me the cab, my wife always borrows my phone to play this seriously addictive game
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
i just noticed something that will get me killed if my wife found out i no longer have.. BUBBLE BREAKER!

if anyone has please send me the cab, my wife always borrows my phone to play this seriously addictive game

Bro a simple google search will get you what you need...

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SOLT...c=IE-SearchBox
Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
just sent you a pm
Got it, thx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
The action screen is AWESOME, I use it all the time. But, right now Im using another version, which has Bluetooth buttons... something that I consider necessary on these phones as BT is usually quite buried.

Also, I would REALLY like some start menu organization. Something like in the big guys ROMS that has separate customized icons. First boot, the list is LOOOONNNGGG and doesnt get shorter once you start adding your own programs.

Still messing around her. Thanks again. Looks to be a winner.

EDIT:
Found some more:
Text tab in landscape doesnt look like it extends to the edge of the screen (not as wide as it should be)

Might want to check out one of the Kitchen threads (cant remember if its Calk or SSK) but they discuss the new 6.5.5 Sip change. No more having to touch the left or right of the tiny icon.... now we can just hold it to bring up the menu.
Redd will have to add that to the Action Screen, but I agree it'd be useful.

Start Menu organization: 100% agree, it's on my to-do list, but first I gotta teach myself

Will look for the KB fix, very interested in that, thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Oh... and MAL, if you'd like to have me beta test for you... Im all over that. Please feel free to send me a PM, and Ill get you my info.

Ill try my best to be as helpful as i can be.
Will keep it in mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Ah I see, so there is no way to get both the WM6.5 start menu icons and have a touch flow tab that has the program quicklaunch bar - is this some restriction of WM 6.5.3?
no, just the way Manila is configured. Will look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Malatesta, did notice two bugs in the rom. If I am inside a threaded text message, and slide the keyboard out to respond..no problem, the screen rotates accordingly. However, after I send the message/email on its way and close up the keyboard, the screen does not rotate back - it stays in the landscape orientation even with the keyboard shut. What I end up having to do is press send to go back to the home screen in order to get things proper again. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thoughts on a fix?

Secondly, it seems that everytime I receive a text message when I look at my phone the onscreen keyboard pops up (even when on the today tab?).

I did do a hard reset after flashing. No dice.
To fix the Email rotation thing: go into the Settings Tab --> G-Sensor --> Disable Auto Screen Rotation. It's a WM6.5.x issue.

Will look into the KB popup problem. For now, you can go into Settings --> System --> HD Tweak and disable automatic KB popup if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Is there a setting I can change to make programs end when I hit the X button and thanks.

Gary
Nope. It's an ongoing thing with WM6.5.x, like the volume keys. Sorry.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback so far!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

pdotc is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: |MalROM| v1.0 WM6.5.3 (28014)/Manila 2.1 for Sprint

Must say very well done. You have put a lot of work to perfect this rom. after messing with manilla 2.5 and having to do all the work around i decided to go to sense 2.1 but couldn't seem to find a solid rom but i think you solved my problem MAL
Old 12-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mjodotcom is just getting started

To fix the Email rotation thing: go into the Settings Tab --> G-Sensor --> Disable Auto Screen Rotation. It's a WM6.5.x issue.

Thanks Mal, this seems to solve the problem. I assume all I really lose with this then is rotation when looking at pics and internet?

Will look into the KB popup problem. For now, you can go into Settings --> System --> HD Tweak and disable automatic KB popup if you want.

Excellent, this worked for me.

The only other question I have is the program shortcuts tab. Is there any way to add this back into touchflo?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development