PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

yes, it's a never ending vicious cycle, lol.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: china telecom

mkmk4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

my second post!!!

thanks!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

^^^^^^^^^^ lol?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

dibbs, saw you got a test rom for google maps agps issue (my location). Thanks.

I would test it out but I am out of town right now. I'll probably have some time tomorrow to test if its still needed.

also, i know the my location feature is not very accurate, but i tend to find myself in large buildings which gps has a hard time locking. The my location is very useful in such situations since it can determine your location and makes it easy to search for nearby places.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

well, here is the deal so far on gmaps 4 and agps. I have cooked a rom with a vk kitchen and gmaps 4 still does the same thing, so it's not my kitchen. reverted back to the last version of gmaps and it works fine with agps. so i'm still trying to figure out why wifi activates agps on gmaps 4
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
well, here is the deal so far on gmaps 4 and agps. I have cooked a rom with a vk kitchen and gmaps 4 still does the same thing, so it's not my kitchen. reverted back to the last version of gmaps and it works fine with agps. so i'm still trying to figure out why wifi activates agps on gmaps 4
Thanks for the support. And at least we have a way of getting it to work with wifi on. Weird though that wifi gets it working.

BTW, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out... testing and what not.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

actually testing a test core to see if sprint tv works, i know that has nothing to do with you and VZ people, but ..... Anyways, i'll keep working on gmaps 4. But would everyone rather have the last version of gmaps that works without turning on wifi? Only difference is that buzz junk that i never ever use in 4.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, here is a preview of something I am going to be adding to the next round of updates. Since BG4ALL was not the best answer due to manila slow down and people asking "why is the background white?", I have gone with HDWalls, and will have it available as an install on first boot or later through the UC app. Also I will be adding the cab's to the TSK directory of my FTP so you can download which ever one you want if you decide to use one of mine. That way you can load your own on first boot, or download mine through the updater app. You'll need to install HDwall cab and the HDwall patch cab as well through the UC app if you choose to use it. Here are some sample pics that include some custom Manila mods I did. The only issue I have though is I can't get the landscape image to show correctly yet. It shows the portrait image instead of the landscape one. If anyone has any ideas on that one let me know while i'm trying to work it out.

Dibbson, really enjoying the speed of the ROM (running the latest 6.5.3---23545) and super smooth..couple things..is this taskbar available for 6.5.3 (looks like I see on from hitting the paperclip but really want to make sure)..also are any of these manila mods available yet ( they look awesome)..last note...I am on Sprint and can not get an MMS to send (wonder if it is because i keep trying to send via the htc message)..gonna go into the wm message and see if that will send a pic.. ( i get a message that the pic needs to be resized and then after hitting send, waiting a few mins, i get the dreaded did not work note)..Again great rom..
Old 03-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

yeah mms for sprint through htc messaging will not work until sprint drops their update, use default text app. Yeah, i haven't taken the time to cab up those mods, been too busy with the active sync, and now with the gmaps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

thanks for the quick reply and looking forward to the mods.. was i correct about the taskbar ( on second look there are 2 if you hit the paper clip)..and will it work on 6.5.3?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development