PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Yeah, i just pushed it over to the 23545 folder. Is that you Kwchan? Did you change your name?

Hi Dibbson,

Yes it's me! I asked mindfrost to change it. Prefer this one better
Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Update on Google Maps "My Location" (using Verizon) - Turn on WIFI

Just updated to 23545, and due to the piss poor reception in my office, I had to connect via WIFI to sync exchange. Well, I usually am very good at turning off my WIFI when I'm not using it, but forgot today. And when I was on my way home, I turned on Google Maps to check traffic.... AND MY LOCATION worked. After turning Google maps off and on a few times it kept on working. I then rebooted the phone... And it stopped working. So I got to thinking what changed... and I had remembered I left WIFI on.

Long story short - Turning on the phones WIFI fixes google maps "My Location". You do not need to be connected to a wireless network... Just need to turn on WIFI.

Tested it many times on my way home from work today. I did notice that sometimes "My Location" would not work even with WIFI turned on. In those cases a simple restart of google maps fixed it.

Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited by cls_; 03-13-2010 at 01:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post

Just updated to 23545, and due to the piss poor reception in my office, I had to connect via WIFI to sync exchange. Well, I usually am very good at turning off my WIFI when I'm not using it, but forgot today. And when I was on my way home, I turned on Google Maps to check traffic.... AND MY LOCATION worked. After turning Google maps off and on a few times it kept on working. I then rebooted the phone... And it stopped working. So I got to thinking what changed... and I had remembered I left WIFI on.

Long story short - Turning on the phones WIFI fixes google maps "My Location". You do not need to be connected to a wireless network... Just need to turn on WIFI.

Tested it many times on my way home from work today. I did notice that sometimes "My Location" would not work even with WIFI turned on. In those cases a simple restart of google maps fixed it.

Any thoughts anyone?
well i'll be. it does work. thanks cls_ wonder if we try a ROM without it cooked in if that will help.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Any thoughts anyone?
I dont have that experince and it works fine. What cabs have you installed?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I dont have that experince and it works fine. What cabs have you installed?
Well, I always test run my phone without any cabs installed except for MMS. Helps to reliably determine bugs and what not.

Also, to avoid any confusion, the "My Location" feature in Google Maps will work without GPS turned on. Again, this is not dependent on GPS.

The "My Location" in Google Maps has been an issue for awhile on the Medium Hill Roms.... at least for Verzion (or just me ). BTW, I have used this feature on other custom roms without problems.

Last edited by cls_; 03-13-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Default I assume, I ran the mms provisioning and checked the server info it was not touched. I entered the info myself. It comes back with resizing and send successful but no image.
try using the default text app under the accessories folder just to make sure you don't have some other issue going on.

Quote:

Any thoughts anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
well i'll be. it does work. thanks cls_ wonder if we try a ROM without it cooked in if that will help.
Quote:
Well, I always test run my phone without any cabs installed except for MMS. Helps to reliably determine bugs and what not.

Also, to avoid any confusion, the "My Location" feature in Google Maps will work without GPS turned on. Again, this is not dependent on GPS.

The "My Location" in Google Maps has been an issue for awhile on the Medium Hill Roms.... at least for Verzion (or just me ). BTW, I have used this feature on other custom roms without problems.
Actually doing some tests this morning, so if any VZ people are up for a beta test let me know. This will be way different than my usual roms btw

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

rde34 is a n00b

Quote:

+1 On My Location inconsistency. I'm on Sprint and 23545 is the first issue I've had with it. As a matter of fact Google Maps worked flawlessly on 23544. No big deal, just wanted to report the issue to see how widespread it might be.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
try using the default text app under the accessories folder just to make sure you don't have some other issue going on.

Actually doing some tests this morning, so if any VZ people are up for a beta test let me know. This will be way different than my usual roms btw
I'm always down for some testing. I won't be able to do anything until after 5pm CST today unless it's ready within the next hour.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

yep, flashing now to check a couple things, but should be up withing the hour. I "think" this should fix it.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Here is a test for VZ aGPS, not sure if it's gonna work, but i have another I can upload if it doesn't with some more tweaks.
http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/t...rizonTest2.rar

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development