View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
jas0nmack
PPCGeeks Regular

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Update on Google Maps "My Location" (using Verizon) - Turn on WIFI

Just updated to 23545, and due to the piss poor reception in my office, I had to connect via WIFI to sync exchange. Well, I usually am very good at turning off my WIFI when I'm not using it, but forgot today. And when I was on my way home, I turned on Google Maps to check traffic.... AND MY LOCATION worked. After turning Google maps off and on a few times it kept on working. I then rebooted the phone... And it stopped working. So I got to thinking what changed... and I had remembered I left WIFI on.

Long story short - Turning on the phones WIFI fixes google maps "My Location". You do not need to be connected to a wireless network... Just need to turn on WIFI.

Tested it many times on my way home from work today. I did notice that sometimes "My Location" would not work even with WIFI turned on. In those cases a simple restart of google maps fixed it.

Any thoughts anyone?
well i'll be. it does work. thanks cls_ wonder if we try a ROM without it cooked in if that will help.