PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Thanks KW, glad it's running good for you. I've put allot of time in today and yesterday into this update, so i'm glad it's working good. I got a few more things I want to do. So i'm thinking tomorrow for the full update if everything keeps going good.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Thanks KW, glad it's running good for you. I've put allot of time in today and yesterday into this update, so i'm glad it's working good. I got a few more things I want to do. So i'm thinking tomorrow for the full update if everything keeps going good.
It shows! Great work! I like the look of the new folders you've got there.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

thanks, i'm changing a few other *.lnk icons as well.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Dibbs,

I'm one of Sprint +Corp Exchange users that had soft-reset lock-ups with some of the prior 25534 + 2.5 MH ROM's. The old 23529 ROM worked. Just tried your Sprint test ROM and here's what I experienced:
- ROM installed and provisioned for Sprint without incident. Had 92MB free RAM.
- Graphics look terrific!
- Setup activesync to sync w/my corp exchange server
- Was prompted to set password for new security (as expected).
- Activesync started to download info and locked-up.
- Waited 8-10 minutes and eventually soft-reset my device.
- Soft-reset worked ok. Went back to Activesync and started sync.
- Sync now appears to be working, but it's slow.
- Sync is occurring at ~20% of the speed I see for a typical 6.5/2.1 ROM.
- All my contacts, calendar, and tasks sync'd. But my mail didn't?!
- Tried to go back to Activesync thru start-menu but it wouldn't launch. I could still access my home screen.
- A few minutes later, the entire TP2 locked-up again. I performed a soft-reset.
- TP2 seemed to come out of reset ok and I could access start menu. Still no mail.
- Double-checked my activesync server settings -- mail should have sync'd.
- Sync'd again -- no mail.

The mail problem is new. Never experienced that one before...

On the MH 23534 ROM I previously tried, I was able to sync (and I recall it was also slow). The ROM became unstable at some point later -- several hours after the initial sync. I've played around with other ROMs from RSTG, MAL, Mighty, Silence, MH (older 23529 ver), and others and didn't experience this problem.

PS: I have nearly 800 contacts, over 200 tasks, and ~200 calendar entries which I think may be more than most. However, I typically don't have exchange/activesync problems either.

Last edited by geekdaddy; 03-06-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

When you say provisioned fine, did you run a provisioning cab? because i didn't include any because it was cooked in for sprint so no one needed to run a provisioning cab. Only the MMS cab if you needed to. And was this test one or test 2 rom? I would really like to get this worked out. And this is for those having issues with exchange. What version are you running ie.. what version of windows server and exchange and any other tidbits that might matter. As there are a few different versions out there. And since nothing I change or do seems to make a difference for some of you even though it works fine for me and others. If i can't figure anything else out from your answers from the above questions, then I have two options: I can make a new rom from the 23542 SYS or go back to 23529. But seriously, it seems very odd that it would work on 23529 but then not on the others, and for that matter that it works on other chefs rom that are running 23534,40,41. As if it really was the SYS issue, you should be experiencing the same issues on their roms.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
When you say provisioned fine, did you run a provisioning cab? because i didn't include any because it was cooked in for sprint so no one needed to run a provisioning cab. Only the MMS cab if you needed to. And was this test one or test 2 rom? I would really like to get this worked out. And this is for those having issues with exchange. What version are you running ie.. what version of windows server and exchange and any other tidbits that might matter. As there are a few different versions out there. And since nothing I change or do seems to make a difference for some of you even though it works fine for me and others. If i can't figure anything else out from your answers from the above questions, then I have two options: I can make a new rom from the 23542 SYS or go back to 23529. But seriously, it seems very odd that it would work on 23529 but then not on the others, and for that matter that it works on other chefs rom that are running 23534,40,41. As if it really was the SYS issue, you should be experiencing the same issues on their roms.
I wouldnt go back since all other ROMs I have tried work fine with Exchange. I was using Energy 23541 2.5 and it worked fine. I am running Exchange 2008 at work.

I have been running your test ROM since last night with not issues. I did not set up Exchange yet however. Will do so today. Love the look of your ROM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Dibbs -- sorry for the confusion. I "provisioned" the SprintMMS settings. That was all. I work for a big company so I don't know which version of exchange we use -- I'll try to find out. I assume that there are different levels of security/encryption options for exchange? If so, my company is very focused on keeping our data secure so I expect they're using the maximum available (we have hard drive passwords, PGP encryption, various lockouts, etc. on our laptops!).

Flashed-up an older silence 12.1 ROM again with 6.5 and 2.1 (just to double-check) and it sync'd up with exchange very quickly. No issues.

RSTG has a 6.5.3/2.5 ROM out there. I've got limited time to play around with my phone today, but should have some time to flash, try exchange, and report back. I'll also try to find out more about our exchange setup.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
I wouldnt go back since all other ROMs I have tried work fine with Exchange. I was using Energy 23541 2.5 and it worked fine. I am running Exchange 2008 at work.

I have been running your test ROM since last night with not issues. I did not set up Exchange yet however. Will do so today. Love the look of your ROM.
Glad you like the look, i have a few more things i'm doing to it. And a few more things under the hood today as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
Dibbs -- sorry for the confusion. I "provisioned" the SprintMMS settings. That was all. I work for a big company so I don't know which version of exchange we use -- I'll try to find out. I assume that there are different levels of security/encryption options for exchange? If so, my company is very focused on keeping our data secure so I expect they're using the maximum available (we have hard drive passwords, PGP encryption, various lockouts, etc. on our laptops!).

Flashed-up an older silence 12.1 ROM again with 6.5 and 2.1 (just to double-check) and it sync'd up with exchange very quickly. No issues.

RSTG has a 6.5.3/2.5 ROM out there. I've got limited time to play around with my phone today, but should have some time to flash, try exchange, and report back. I'll also try to find out more about our exchange setup.
Yeah, my 6.5 seems to work fine as well. Yes, please try another 23541 rom and let me know. I have a few more things i'm going to do to this rom before release, as i'm trying to do this update justice.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Dibbs, I run exchange 03 at work (lol ol school--but we like it that way)..I can test up for you right now if you point me in the direction?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

ok, thats cool, i've been running 03 exchange myself with no issues, so it should would fine for you, i hope... no jinx or anything, lol.

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/test/SprintTest2.rar

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development