PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

cochrankr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

I've been using the 02-10-2010 23529 ROM for a few days and it's great (first ROM I've tried that mms actually works with Sprint.)

The only issue I'm having has to due with battery charging and drain. First, the battery never seems to fully charge (orange light never turns green.) I've tried 4+ hour charges with the phone off several times. First few charges, the battery meter indicated full charge but it quickly dropped to 60-70%. Today, the battery wouldn't charge more than 70%.

Second, battery drain seems excessive (about 15-20% per hour.) This is with "normal" usage: few texts, phone calls, web browsing, some idle time.

I'm going to try a reflash tonight to see if that solves it. Is anyone else having these issues?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Dibbson... Don't make me get laos to review your rom next week

Hahahhaha

Rock on dude
LOL @ Mike

I'm already hiding my ROMs just incase, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrankr View Post
I've been using the 02-10-2010 23529 ROM for a few days and it's great (first ROM I've tried that mms actually works with Sprint.)

The only issue I'm having has to due with battery charging and drain. First, the battery never seems to fully charge (orange light never turns green.) I've tried 4+ hour charges with the phone off several times. First few charges, the battery meter indicated full charge but it quickly dropped to 60-70%. Today, the battery wouldn't charge more than 70%.

Second, battery drain seems excessive (about 15-20% per hour.) This is with "normal" usage: few texts, phone calls, web browsing, some idle time.

I'm going to try a reflash tonight to see if that solves it. Is anyone else having these issues?
Hmmm, not sure why your battery would be draining like that. I was getting exceptional battery life on my TP2 with that ROM. I ran it for 2 days straight with no charge and more usage than what you described. I have noticed before that sometimes it takes a while to charge, but i do not use the fast charge method though. And also, if your getting 15-20% per hour battery drainage, you've got something going on, cuz i've never had that happen on any ROM i've made.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
How's the stability been for everyone? On the 23529 2.5 ROM I've had 3 seemingly random and unrelated crashes in the past day.
I've been running for a day and a half. Had a random reset today but that's about it thus far!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Sorry to hear you had the random reset, but glad it's running good for you other than that.

On a side note, i will "hopefully" have a test ROM for Sense 2.5 2012 towards the end of the weekend.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, just got my own website

It will be a few days before I get it all up and running and everything transferred over to the new FTP as it's going to be a daunting task to switch over all the links and get everything uploaded, and the website layout finalized. So expect some cool things coming real soon.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

You posting the fix ROM later tonight still? Or are you waiting till you get your new site up an running?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

I'm still posting the update tonight. I just wanted to get a logo and an under construction label up on the site instead of a white blank page, lol. I have horribly got a logo and under construction up now (not the best, but i can go back to it later), so it's back to the update of the ROMs. Hopefully i will have them uploading within the hour.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Once your bugs are worked out People should flock to this ROM. The speed is incredible and the free memory is awsome!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bathanr is a n00b

Hi.. I noticed that bluetooth networking manager is not a listed bluetooth service in the rom. Is there any way I can add that feature in somehow.. I love the option of bluetooth tethering versus USB all the time. I really like your rom and I have tried just about all of the roms on this site. Some have the bluetooth networking manager included and some don't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

I have not tested this cab, but i found it for you and thought you could try it.

Also, i'm going to upload this new ROM as a test and you all can give me your feedback as to whether you think it's better than 23529 or not, if not i can try another, or whatever. I'll leave it in your hands.
Attached Files
File Type: cab BluetoothManager.cab (248.9 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development