PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post

1. could you list your settings so i can compare what you did and what is in the cab, as i don't use verizon. Thanks ahead if you list the settings. Or pm me and we can talk further about the verizon settings either way is fine.
2&3. Not sure on those as those have been working for me and everybody else so far.
4. Cleartype is defaulted to be on, so not sure why it would be shutting off by going into landscape mode.
5. That is a random problem that used to be able to be fixed with a registry edit, but the edit nolonger seems to work to correct that issue anymore as i still use the edit.

Great work Dibbson... Another great ROM! Memory usage is great as usual, and still very quick. I upgraded from the stock Verizon 6.5 rom to your 2/10 23529 Sense 2.5 rom.

Now on to the minor problems I have found on Verzion. Only cabs installed where the Verzion MMS and Provisioning cabs during the UC install. Also dialed in to Verizon to configure the phone, *228, which I was prompted to do.

1) Haven't verified MMS for Verizon yet. I'll edit this post when I do, and post any MMS changes if needed.

*EDIT* MMS is not working initially, the default settings are incorrect. In MMS Options-> CDMA Servers there are 2 profile settings. The profile "Default" is incorrect, and if you change the default to "SampleMMSC2" it works. Here are the correct settings:
- Server Add: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
- Port #: 80
- Gateway:
- Connect Via: "The Internet"
- Send Limit: "100k"

For the send limit I regedit it up to 1Meg.

2) Kenetic Scrolling is not working for me either in menus and context menus.

*EDIT* Come to think about I can't remember if menus had kenetic scrolling? I thought it did in the stock rom. I reduced the menu size with Advanced Config and it seems to respond better.

3) AGPS not working in google maps. Tried turning it on with Advance Configuration, and turned on "Location On" in CDMA Services. GPS does work.

4) ClearType not working in landscape mode. Tried turning it on in Advanced Configuration, and made sure it was on in the HTC Font Settings.

*EDIT* I reduced the font size in the HTC Font Settings and it looks a lot better. Plus I like the font a bit smaller rather than larger.

5) Tmail gets stuck in landscape.

6) Also, noticed that tmail sometimes stays open after closing it. IE. I close tmail, and return to HTC Sense, but "Outlook E-Mail" still shows open on upper left corner of screen. At this point I try opening showcase to close it, but no other programs want to open and I am stuck in the HTC Sense UI and I have to soft reset. Note: I am using exchange.

I just did a hard reset by doing a factory reset/clear memory. I confirmed the above problems to exist again except for prob. #6, which is a pain, so hopefully it is gone now.

Last edited by cls_; 02-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Great work Dibbson... Another great ROM! Memory usage is great as usual, and still very quick. I upgraded from the stock Verizon 6.5 rom to your 2/10 23529 Sense 2.5 rom.

Now on to the minor problems I have found on Verzion. Only cabs installed where the Verzion MMS and Provisioning cabs during the UC install. Also dialed in to Verizon to configure the phone, *228, which I was prompted to do.

1) Haven't verified MMS for Verizon yet. I'll edit this post when I do, and post any MMS changes if needed.

2) Kenetic Scrolling is not working for me either in menus and context menus.

*EDIT* Come to think about I can't remember if menus had kenetic scrolling? I thought it did in the stock rom. I reduced the menu size with Advanced Config and it seems to respond better.

3) AGPS not working in google maps. Tried turning it on with Advance Configuration, and turned on "Location On" in CDMA Services. GPS does work.

4) ClearType not working in landscape mode. Tried turning it on in Advanced Configuration, and made sure it was on in the HTC Font Settings.

*EDIT* I reduced the font size in the HTC Font Settings and it looks a lot better. Plus I like the font a bit smaller rather than larger.

5) Tmail gets stuck in landscape.

6) Also, noticed that tmail sometimes stays open after closing it. IE. I close tmail, and return to HTC Sense, but "Outlook E-Mail" still shows open on upper left corner of screen. At this point I try opening showcase to close it, but no other programs want to open and I am stuck in the HTC Sense UI and I have to soft reset. Note: I am using exchange.

I just did a hard reset by doing a factory reset/clear memory. I confirmed the above problems to exist again except for prob. #6, which is a pain, so hopefully it is gone now.

Ok, after much digging into the issues that you and razorloves have reported, i have found the reasons behind the agps (both sys's) and scrolling issues (23529) (tmail and cleartype landscape still looking into), and will be addressing/fixing the agps and scrolling tomorrow/today after some sleepy time.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-12-2010 at 06:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: verizon

jmarcucci is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jmarcucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
yeah, the link on the htc settings tab is broke, i've been working on that one. Odd google maps isn't locking for you. I just tried it on my phone and here are the steps that i did to get a 20 meter lock.

1. Run Quick GPS
2. Start Google Maps
3. Go to Options and press "Use GPS"
4. Let it find the Satellites, did not take but a few secs for me
5. Clicked on "little blue button" on the bottom right
6. Came back with my location within 20 meters
I had the same issue with google maps and GPS. I went in through CDMA options, turned GPS to 911 only and then back to location . As soon as I did that Google maps came right up. I had previously run quick GPS, etc to no avail.

Does anyone know how to change the backround on the screens other than the homescreen?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcucci View Post
I had the same issue with google maps and GPS. I went in through CDMA options, turned GPS to 911 only and then back to location . As soon as I did that Google maps came right up. I had previously run quick GPS, etc to no avail.

Does anyone know how to change the backround on the screens other than the homescreen?
I use the 16 shortcut mod which includes the same background on all pages mod...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447

or search for HDwalls I think that works also.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Dibbson,

I am wondering, is there anyway to make it where we can modify showcase so it does not close programs on x? I would like to try some multitasking and let the os close programs if it needs more ram.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 02-12-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker

jmarcucci is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I use the 16 shortcut mod which includes the same background on all pages mod...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105447

or search for HDwalls I think that works also.
That's great find - works well with the ROM - Thanks for the tip
Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

How's the stability been for everyone? On the 23529 2.5 ROM I've had 3 seemingly random and unrelated crashes in the past day.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Wiredengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
How's the stability been for everyone? On the 23529 2.5 ROM I've had 3 seemingly random and unrelated crashes in the past day.
Working fine here. Did have one lockup but Im 95% positive it is related to my email when i first setup yahoo (and it probably has to scan all 8mill emails).
Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker

jmarcucci is a n00b

Quote:
I've been running it since it's been posted and it hasn't crashed yet - I have the GPS running and I've installed the software to have 16 boxes and backround on all tabs - So far so good
Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Working fine here. Did have one lockup but Im 95% positive it is related to my email when i first setup yahoo (and it probably has to scan all 8mill emails).
When I first installed I had a few random crashes, mostly related to tmail. After I hard reset/ cleared memory it has been much better.

However, after the hard reset, when I first sent a mms it locked up, and the rebooted after a few seconds. I noticed that when I am in the mms (arcsoft) if I click to change folders it will sometimes lock the system up. IE. I am in Drafts and trying to change to Inbox so I click on the folders pull down menu and it freezes. Happened 3 times this morning, which caused me to pull off the case and soft-reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development