View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 AM
cls_
PPCGeeks Regular

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <>02-10-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23529-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post

1. could you list your settings so i can compare what you did and what is in the cab, as i don't use verizon. Thanks ahead if you list the settings. Or pm me and we can talk further about the verizon settings either way is fine.
2&3. Not sure on those as those have been working for me and everybody else so far.
4. Cleartype is defaulted to be on, so not sure why it would be shutting off by going into landscape mode.
5. That is a random problem that used to be able to be fixed with a registry edit, but the edit nolonger seems to work to correct that issue anymore as i still use the edit.

Great work Dibbson... Another great ROM! Memory usage is great as usual, and still very quick. I upgraded from the stock Verizon 6.5 rom to your 2/10 23529 Sense 2.5 rom.

Now on to the minor problems I have found on Verzion. Only cabs installed where the Verzion MMS and Provisioning cabs during the UC install. Also dialed in to Verizon to configure the phone, *228, which I was prompted to do.

1) Haven't verified MMS for Verizon yet. I'll edit this post when I do, and post any MMS changes if needed.

*EDIT* MMS is not working initially, the default settings are incorrect. In MMS Options-> CDMA Servers there are 2 profile settings. The profile "Default" is incorrect, and if you change the default to "SampleMMSC2" it works. Here are the correct settings:
- Server Add: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
- Port #: 80
- Gateway:
- Connect Via: "The Internet"
- Send Limit: "100k"

For the send limit I regedit it up to 1Meg.

2) Kenetic Scrolling is not working for me either in menus and context menus.

*EDIT* Come to think about I can't remember if menus had kenetic scrolling? I thought it did in the stock rom. I reduced the menu size with Advanced Config and it seems to respond better.

3) AGPS not working in google maps. Tried turning it on with Advance Configuration, and turned on "Location On" in CDMA Services. GPS does work.

4) ClearType not working in landscape mode. Tried turning it on in Advanced Configuration, and made sure it was on in the HTC Font Settings.

*EDIT* I reduced the font size in the HTC Font Settings and it looks a lot better. Plus I like the font a bit smaller rather than larger.

5) Tmail gets stuck in landscape.

6) Also, noticed that tmail sometimes stays open after closing it. IE. I close tmail, and return to HTC Sense, but "Outlook E-Mail" still shows open on upper left corner of screen. At this point I try opening showcase to close it, but no other programs want to open and I am stuck in the HTC Sense UI and I have to soft reset. Note: I am using exchange.

I just did a hard reset by doing a factory reset/clear memory. I confirmed the above problems to exist again except for prob. #6, which is a pain, so hopefully it is gone now.

Last edited by cls_; 02-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.