PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
I personally setup an exchange server just to test with, and i'm not having the issue that wonka is and other sprint users seem fine as well, so i am at a loss. Only thing I can figure is it's some kind of setting issue with his exchange server that he is trying to log in to. He never answered whether or not he can connect with other chef's roms. I made a couple changes in the test2 rom i just linked in a post above to see if that would help him. The changes I already made in the first test fixed the verizon exchange server issues. If this test 2 doesn't work for him, i really don't know..... other than it could be some random email/SYS issue with the 25xxx series, but I doubt it since this seems to have fixed it for everyone else including VZ.
In my case I have no problems with other Chefs ROMs so I don't know if it's Exchnage related or not. I will run your ROM without Exchange for the next day or so. The link to the test ROM does not work.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

oops sorry, accidentally put it in the wrong folder. Try the same link again. I have been running variations of this rom for a few days now with no issues.

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/test/SprintTest2.rar

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
oops sorry, accidentally put it in the wrong folder. Try the same link again. I have been running variations of this rom for a few days now with no issues.

Downloading now. Going to take it slow on the setup. Run it with no changes for a bit and then start adding things (saving Exchange for last). Will keep you updated.

As you know, I really like your ROMs.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
new test rom for sprint, changed a couple things mostly for wonka to test exchange again (although there are a couple for visual changes as well).

Exchange is working for me on the test ROM. No real issues yet as i test it.

Is it worth me downloading the new test? I have everything setup the way i want to test it, that is why i ask. Thanks and I will report as i use it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
Downloading now. Going to take it slow on the setup. Run it with no changes for a bit and then start adding things (saving Exchange for last). Will keep you updated.

As you know, I really like your ROMs.
Thanks for testing. You should like the new rom. The start menu is one of the biggest changes. All new folder icons in the Test2 rom. New custom taskbar based off an android taskbar from XDA but heavily edited with a resource editor to get rid of some bloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Exchange is working for me on the test ROM. No real issues yet as i test it.

Is it worth me downloading the new test? I have everything setup the way i want to test it, that is why i ask. Thanks and I will report as i use it.
Only if you want your start menu to look like this. But it's up to you, should have the final updates tomorrow. Got a few more graphical things I want to finish.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks for testing. You should like the new rom. The start menu is one of the biggest changes. All new folder icons in the Test2 rom. New custom taskbar based off an android taskbar from XDA but heavily edited with a resource editor to get rid of some bloat.

The biggest thing for me I would like to see if more Program Memory with 2.5 ROMs. Most are under 60MB all the time from what I see.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

I'm at 85MB free of program memory right now
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
and just to recap, it works for you on other chef's roms?

Also, if it has worked on other chef's roms, can you verify if my 6.5 sense 2.5 rom works for you or not. It's really strange as your the only one having the issue now (or that has reported it) as Verizon seems to be straightened out now too with their test rom. So it's strange it's just you reporting this.
ok. sorry i didn't get back quicker. working late. no, i don't have this problem on anyone else's rom (recently impact, 7ppc, energy cookie 6.5.3, & calk's discontinued 6.5.x m2.5). and it definately is just my corporate exchange with security settings, as i have tried setting up google in exchange on your rom and it works just fine. i tried all your roms and the 6.5 did not have the problem either (only 6.5.x). thanks for tryin hard on it for me. no big deal. probably be fixed in the next build released. i will try the sprint test2 later 2nite though. think it could have anything to do with why activesync on manila settings tab doesn't work?

i like the android-ish tb. different and just a hint of green. might inspire me to do a green theme!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
ok. sorry i didn't get back quicker. working late. no, i don't have this problem on anyone else's rom (recently impact, 7ppc, energy cookie 6.5.3, & calk's discontinued 6.5.x m2.5). and it definately is just my corporate exchange with security settings, as i have tried setting up google in exchange on your rom and it works just fine. i tried all your roms and the 6.5 did not have the problem either (only 6.5.x). thanks for tryin hard on it for me. no big deal. probably be fixed in the next build released. i will try the sprint test2 later 2nite though. think it could have anything to do with why activesync on manila settings tab doesn't work?

i like the android-ish tb. different and just a hint of green. might inspire me to do a green theme!
The active sync link on htc settings tab would have nothing to do with it. That's just a link that for some reason is a pain in the you know what to fix for some reason, just one of those weird things. If 6.5 worked fine, then it's just something in the 235xx SYS files then. I did change a couple things at the SYS level for test 2 so maybe it will make a difference. And yeah, that taskbar seems to be pretty solid so far. Took me a long time to edit it right though, so i'm glad you like it. I like it too, and goes good with the standard medium hill background with the hint of green.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Just chiming in with my test results on the first sprint test rom. Haven't found problems yet! Great job Dibbson!

Weather and location works.
Email pop3 access works.
usb to pc works
install of mh max manila works.
htc volume skin is in
incoming ring works.
New uc tool version is working.
Free ram is 93MB on fresh reset without mh max manila.
Free ram is 88MB on fresh reset with mh max manila.
I uninstalled mh max manila and successfully installed co0kie's home tab 1.6 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483). as well as the home tab editor (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590).
Installed my own personal cabs and everything works great!
I like the new taskbar look...excellent!

Last edited by macsrgr84me; 03-05-2010 at 10:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development