PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-09-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
jpucillo74 - Thanks for the info regarding Smart Lock.

Ironically, someone just posted about this today in the Touch Pro 2 general forum.They recommended Lock Device, which can be found at xda.

I actually opted to use the Rhodium keyboard remapper, since I already have it installed. Simply map the power key to its default action and add another option to lock the device. I kind of like using the Rhodium Keyboard remapper option since I don't need any extra programs that are in memory.

Sorry to get off topic from the rom.
Don't worry, your not really off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_godha View Post
Where is the keyboard remapper? I was using A1rom earlier and had a similar issue. the in-built WM auto lock used to work for the 23518 built but when i installed the sprint provisioning, it stopped working. I feel the auto lock in your rom is not working because of the same issue.
Sprint provisioning is cooked in and not cab installed on my ROM's. You should never run a provisioning cab on my ROMs. None of my ROM's even from the diamond days auto lock. I was not aware that auto lock is a standard feature of the WM Device Lock.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 01-09-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_godha View Post
Where is the keyboard remapper? I was using A1rom earlier and had a similar issue. the in-built WM auto lock used to work for the 23518 built but when i installed the sprint provisioning, it stopped working. I feel the auto lock in your rom is not working because of the same issue.
Hmm, I don't have enough replies to post links or pictures.
Google "Rhodium Keyboard Controller GSM/CDMA v1.4". It's awesome to have ctrl and tab buttons back.

Last edited by cls_; 01-14-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Downloading now...looks good.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Thanks, hope you enjoy

Also, i am starting to upload 21889 ROM's. Some Updated packages and manila files (for sense 2.5 version) are in these versions. Will update post 1 when they are finished
uploading.

Update: 21889 Titanium Roms are available in post 1. 21889 Sense 2.5 Roms are uploading now.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-15-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

I really like the 23518 rom. Here is some feedback and wishes.....nice job

I love the...themes, the ability to update online thru ftp, pandora, netflix, and the general feel of the rom. Thank you for not having the htc notifier when i click the taskbar so I can use the new WM dropdown

I wish.....it had My phone (at a minimum) and Marketplace (if you can) and I wish your tsks and wallpapers came loaded on the rom but with the ftp that might be moot. I kind of wish the start menu was stock or the stuff reorganized a little, I have a hard time finding things and when you install stuff its goes into the base folder but I see I can reorganize with the REstart utiity (I know nit picky).

On the ftp I can see the list on the white pallet but I cant really click on the links. I can however click on the blank area below the links and access the links (they show up when i click the area) but only a few the rest are hidden outside of the pallet (I hope that makes sense).

I had your medium hill background on the today screen after i flashed but manila has a black background. I tried to find the image to add it to manilla but I cant find it.....

A few bugs on my install....
I found was at 11:02 last night the manilla clock showed 11:0 and then the top half of 1 and the bottom half of 2 in the right number position. Might just be a 2.5 thing or a random fluke.

Google Maps doesnt run, it prompts me to download an update (Looks like version 3.3.1). Now I have two links, one in the internet folder, one in the base folder (I think i can fix that restart). As you can see I am trying hard to find bugs and this is all I can come up with at the moment

A future wish if even feasible it would be really tight if a the rom came cleaner and your update feature allowed me to visit a page with a list cabs that I can multiselect and then install all of them...kind of like a kitchen on wheels...we can all have dreams.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizon

gigapimp is a n00b
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

I am a NOOB how do i flash this ROM. Its looks great. Can someone point to a good tread. I have seen a lot of them, which is the easist.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

wteviper is a n00b

I have been trying to find a 2.5.1922 rom with WM 6.5.3 for a while that actually works and doesn't hang up constantly. Your ROM Kicks A**. I like that MMS worked immediately, I didn't have to mess with it at all. I love the speed and response.

I like that I didn't have disable the HTC menu dehancement (it sucks), and I like that I can use the win drop down on the top.

I loaded Max Manila 2.81 and it works great too, no lag unlike many other roms.

Thank You for a great rom and all your efforts.

If this rom stays as stable as it has been since last night I think I will not flash for quite a while!!! I have been flashing every other day or 2 - 3 times a day trying out all the new stuff that doesn't work quite right.

-Ryan
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

ALL 21889 ROM's are up for download!! Just posted the links for the 21889 Sense 2.5 Rom. I definitely think it's a little better than the last one If your a fan of 6.5 and you are/were on one of my 21887 Rom's, please take a moment to upgrade as i feel these 21889 roms are alot better than the 21887 roms. Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I really like the 23518 rom. Here is some feedback and wishes.....nice job

I love the...themes, the ability to update online thru ftp, pandora, netflix, and the general feel of the rom. Thank you for not having the htc notifier when i click the taskbar so I can use the new WM dropdown

I wish.....it had My phone (at a minimum) and Marketplace (if you can) and I wish your tsks and wallpapers came loaded on the rom but with the ftp that might be moot. I kind of wish the start menu was stock or the stuff reorganized a little, I have a hard time finding things and when you install stuff its goes into the base folder but I see I can reorganize with the REstart utiity (I know nit picky).

On the ftp I can see the list on the white pallet but I cant really click on the links. I can however click on the blank area below the links and access the links (they show up when i click the area) but only a few the rest are hidden outside of the pallet (I hope that makes sense).

I had your medium hill background on the today screen after i flashed but manila has a black background. I tried to find the image to add it to manilla but I cant find it.....

A few bugs on my install....
I found was at 11:02 last night the manilla clock showed 11:0 and then the top half of 1 and the bottom half of 2 in the right number position. Might just be a 2.5 thing or a random fluke.

Google Maps doesnt run, it prompts me to download an update (Looks like version 3.3.1). Now I have two links, one in the internet folder, one in the base folder (I think i can fix that restart). As you can see I am trying hard to find bugs and this is all I can come up with at the moment

A future wish if even feasible it would be really tight if a the rom came cleaner and your update feature allowed me to visit a page with a list cabs that I can multiselect and then install all of them...kind of like a kitchen on wheels...we can all have dreams.
Thanks for all the feedback Yeah, i really dont' like myphone hence the no addition of it. Marketplace should be in the ROM's if i missed it on one sorry, but i thought i had it on all of them, i know for sure that it is in 21889 ROM's as i just cooked them last night. On the sense 2.5 ROM's, the icons get a little out of hand because Sense 2.5 places icons on the startmenu if you have the tab available, if you remove the tab, the icon goes away. Other than that, i just try to get all the icons off the start menu and into folders, so when you install software that you want, you can actually see it without scrolling down, and yes restart can organise your menu or you can just use good ol' file explorer. The white thing you mention on the updater ftp is an annoyance, i'm going to update it very soon, i was just trying to make something quick and easy at first. I know it doesn't fill the screen in landscape but it makes it easier to navigate with the arrow pad on the keyboard, just a hint. As far as manila backgrounds, i'm working on those now, i have all titanium ones done, but the manila themes present a little bit of a challenge, i made one yesterday, but when i installed the cab, it did not change manila background like i wanted, and i really don't want to use BG4All as it screws up landscape. The 11:02 thing happened to me too last night, odd, first time thats happened. Your Updater idea at the end is not a bad one, but it could pose risks of messing something up, if someone selects abunch of stuff at once and maybe not in the right order, and then they are like what?.... why did that not work?... And then it's like Dibbs, your updaters broke, lol. Anyways, i will be improving the Updater, i have a few very interesting and usefully additions i will be making.

Also all wallpapers you download automatically install to My Documents>My Wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigapimp View Post
I am a NOOB how do i flash this ROM. Its looks great. Can someone point to a good tread. I have seen a lot of them, which is the easist.
You need to be unlocked (run HSPL unlocker from the stickied thread of the main CDMA Upgrade forum(and remember to thank Cmonex and Olipro)). Once you unlock your phone, just download one of my roms. It comes in RAR form (download winrar, if you don't have it to unRAR the files). Once you extract the RAR, just make sure your phone is synced to your computer and run the romupdateutility.exe and follow the prompts. It's pretty easy once you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wteviper View Post
I have been trying to find a 2.5.1922 rom with WM 6.5.3 for a while that actually works and doesn't hang up constantly. Your ROM Kicks A**. I like that MMS worked immediately, I didn't have to mess with it at all. I love the speed and response.

I like that I didn't have disable the HTC menu dehancement (it sucks), and I like that I can use the win drop down on the top.

I loaded Max Manila 2.81 and it works great too, no lag unlike many other roms.

Thank You for a great rom and all your efforts.

If this rom stays as stable as it has been since last night I think I will not flash for quite a while!!! I have been flashing every other day or 2 - 3 times a day trying out all the new stuff that doesn't work quite right.

-Ryan
Thanks for trying my ROM and the nice compliments Ryan. I hope you continue to like it, And hopefully i will have a new 6.5.x build soon for everyone

Last edited by dibbson; 01-15-2010 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Wiredengineer

Thanks for your reply and heads up on using the ftp in landscape.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

wteviper is a n00b

When I connect to my pc it does not come up with option for internet sharing, storage, or active sync. I just connects with active sync. How do I fix that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development