PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: (12-13-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28011 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
consider doing a similar rom for sensui 2.5 or even max manila?
I want to get this ROM edition finalized first before i move onto something else, mainly so i don't have several ROMs that are not 100%. I have some ideas i'm throwing around though and trying things out as I go. Definitely have some graphical goodies that i hope to have done soon as well. So i guess the answer is yes, just can't give you a good time frame on release.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nate122122 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i had some issues with the youtube app after sliding out the keyboard. also my touch pro 2 has frozen a couple times since i installed it. its totally worth any freezing though with this battery life im getting on it. ive browsed for about an hour today and probly sent 200 txts and received about 200. so ive used it all day and my battery is about half gone and thats amazing!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate122122 View Post
i had some issues with the youtube app after sliding out the keyboard. also my touch pro 2 has frozen a couple times since i installed it. its totally worth any freezing though with this battery life im getting on it. ive browsed for about an hour today and probly sent 200 txts and received about 200. so ive used it all day and my battery is about half gone and thats amazing!
Yes, i changed the version of Manila 2.1 on this release. Seems to be a little flakier at times in landscape or in transition to or from landscape. On my phone, if i just finished a text message and have pressed the send button, then Ok to back out, and i shut my keyboard it stays in landscape (i press the startbutton and back out and its fine). I have been looking into these curious glitches, and have been trying a few different things. And yes, somehow, the battery life is extremely good with these ROMs, I have been getting 2 days of fairly good usage out of it.

UPDATE: Graphical update to ROM possibly coming today or tonight sometime. Almost finished custom skinning all of the bottom taskbar softkey icons. Only a few left. It's gonna look sweet!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Will this be on 28014?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Will this be on 28014?
Yes, unless I run into issues with 28014 before i upload. Also just finished the softkey icons. Gonna do one more graphical update, and then i'll start cooking and see how it goes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Re: (12-16-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28011 Sense 2.1

New ROM available with new custom Softkey icons. Stuck with 28011 for right now, but will be updating SYS soon. Enjoy! A few pics of the new icons are at the bottom of post 2.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & TP2

EveryManROM is a n00b

I just got my TP2, have had the Diamond for awhile. Just signed up for this site, i was over at XDA before. I tried your Diamond ROM out awhile back thought it was quite unique. Downloading this for my TP2 now, but I have a question. I noticed on your Diamond thread you have a CHero version of your ROM. Do you think there is any chance you will make a version for the TP2? Thanks for your work! I really like the newer icons too, can't wait to see them on my phone
Old 12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryManROM View Post
I just got my TP2, have had the Diamond for awhile. Just signed up for this site, i was over at XDA before. I tried your Diamond ROM out awhile back thought it was quite unique. Downloading this for my TP2 now, but I have a question. I noticed on your Diamond thread you have a CHero version of your ROM. Do you think there is any chance you will make a version for the TP2? Thanks for your work! I really like the newer icons too, can't wait to see them on my phone
Yes, that is something i want to do. I just need to work out some landscape files so it doesn't break when moving to and from landscape and portrait with the keyboard. When I get my ROM exactly like I want (all the little details finished and bugs squashed) I will start putting out other versions. On a side note, doing some adjusting and cooking now. Probably won't have anything solid till tomorrow, so the graphical/icon update will have to do for today
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushki View Post
Hi, everybody.... I am a new owner of touch pro 2 (got it today only)..... and I am looking into flashing a non-stock rom. Particularly this one as it looks clean and flawless and I heard good reviews about battery life. I have a few questions though before I can do it.

Actually my phone is from sprint (cdma) but I am using it over canadian GSM network FIDO. Please note that the phone is still locked to sprint but it works on international GSM networks without first unlocking. My question is in my case (cdma to gsm) what would be the steps to flash a new rom? Considering I have made no changes to the phone so far. Do I need to flash HardSPL? Security Unlock? <nething else>? also in which order (i.e. which one is supposed to be done first, second?)

Thanks for support and making this place really great....
Well, first, you need to Unlock your phone, please refer to the sticky in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades by CMONEX about HSPL (there are several threads in the stickied section about unlocking and flashing that will help you if you need it). Once you unlock your phone, you can Flash custom ROM's. Since you are with Sprint, make sure you Flash the ROM's in the CDMA Upgrade section and not the GSM Upgrade section. So if you are just wanting to flash custom ROMs, just go to the stickied HSPL thread and Unlock, and flash away and Enjoy!!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: fido

kushki is a n00b

Thanks....... That is helpful....... cheers...... hopefully I can also find instructions for installing new rom in those stickes.....

Again thanks a lot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development