PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: (12-5-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28005 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang704 View Post
This is the ugliest and plain rom ever made. Don't waste your time flashing it.
Obviously, u didnt read the very first post which states "This is a fairly clean ROM with only the essentials. You can add whatever else you need by way of cab." And you know what the ROM looked like by the pics in the first post as well. So if you didn't like the look and you want more non "plain" flare to your ROM, then why did you "waste" your time with it? Seems kinda pointless to trash talk a ROM when it plainly states in the very first post what type of ROM it is in the first post as well as what it looks like. So please be sure to read Chef's posts about their ROM's before you make a post that is not constructive.

Anyways, things have been hectic, but i'm trying a few things out tonight and if I can get it worked out, i will post an update.

Update: Making good progress, got a lot of things fixed with this build so far, cdma settings, and the links for location settings and email settings, and a few other menu related settings and other things. Trying to make this next release/update a good one, sorry if anyone is waiting patiently, please hold out a little longer

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 12-12-2009 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Holding!

Disregard the critic! If he doesn't like it let him go elsewhere!

Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Holding!

Disregard the critic! If he doesn't like it let him go elsewhere!

Thanks
Uploading now. SYS 28011, will update first post with updated progs. This is a newer build of Sense 2.1 than in previous ROM as well. There is only one issue with this ROM that I have noticed tonight, which is on the People Tab, the All People SoftKey is broken and will cause TF to reset, just hit the start button and back out to instant duct tape fix it, permanent solution is coming, just use contacts in accessories or from the phone softkey on the home tab for now, adding favorites still works on people tab though, just the softkey is broke. Program tab is back in and fixed now as well as cdma settings, and other missing menu settings. So besides that one softkey issue, everything seems to be in order.

Also, animated weather is included again on the home tab, but remember to go to the HTC Settings tab and select wallpaper and then yes for default to enable it on the home tab. Will be finished uploading within the hour and I will update post 2 accordingly.

Also please soft reset after first boot. I usually customize tabs, update weather, activate animated weather, and then soft reset.

Last edited by dibbson; 12-13-2009 at 02:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, SYS 28011 ROM is now uploaded and ready for download. Post #2 has been updated accordingly. Enjoy!!, and please read all of post #2 for updates and details before you flash.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: (12-13-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28011 Sense 2.1

I am such a fan of NATF Roms and its hard for me to flash any others. Since i was bored at work today i decided to flash a not so (mightyrom,energy,juicy) known Rom, and much to my surprised this ROM was out standing!!!!! Bugs are always expected on these Beta releases, but i must say you have done a Fantastic job here. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

justblaze350 is a n00b

flashed last night and Like the rom so far...

1 issue im having is setting up my mail. when i try to add a new account thru the mail tab nothing happens, when i go to mail setup in utilities i get the error stating "the file EmailSetupWizard cannot be opened...."

anybody else having this issue or current fixes???
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

darkeycaine is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to darkeycaine

i downloaded your rom and i have sprint i cant seem to send or recieve pics what to do?
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ewaslie is a n00b

MMS options / CDMA servers

modify the existing sample server, and put the following into the "server address" field:

http://mms.sprintpcs/servlets/mms

once you have that entered, hit OK, and then set that server as default.

that should fix ya right up.

EW
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southphillysean View Post
I am such a fan of NATF Roms and its hard for me to flash any others. Since i was bored at work today i decided to flash a not so (mightyrom,energy,juicy) known Rom, and much to my surprised this ROM was out standing!!!!! Bugs are always expected on these Beta releases, but i must say you have done a Fantastic job here. Keep up the good work.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze350 View Post

1 issue im having is setting up my mail. when i try to add a new account thru the mail tab nothing happens, when i go to mail setup in utilities i get the error stating "the file EmailSetupWizard cannot be opened...."

I will look into this, may be an issue with the email package i used. Thanks for the heads up. I will try and fix as soon as i can, or get a fix posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeycaine View Post
i downloaded your rom and i have sprint i cant seem to send or recieve pics what to do?
I did not try the mms last night as i don't use it much, but I ran across a fix. Try this, i will implement this in the next release if this fixes it.

http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/sho...73&postcount=3

EDIT: oops looks like someone answered question 3 same time as I did, lol.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze350 View Post

Ok, I just went through setting up email on my phone as i tend to forget to do that manually as I have it setup through UC. I setup an account by going through the HTC Settings Tab, worked fine no issues. And through the email link through the accessories menu. I'm going to reflash and try again to make sure. Will keep you updated as I find things, for now, i would just suggest maybe do a hard reset, if that doesn't help then flash again and see if that helps. And if not report back here and let me know.

And also, I feel I have one or two more releases before I feel like this ROM is really solid. I think this new release is better than the last in a few areas, but there are still a couple things i want to work out.

These are just a few things that are on the agenda:

-Adjust minor graphic offset for animated weather on the home screen wallpaper
-Fix people tab
-Transparent slider
-Remove black curtain when sliding across icons
-Finish making the rest of the custom bottom taskbar softkeys
-Custom top taskbar icons

Last edited by dibbson; 12-13-2009 at 01:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development