View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
dibbson
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: (12-16-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28011 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushki View Post
Hi, everybody.... I am a new owner of touch pro 2 (got it today only)..... and I am looking into flashing a non-stock rom. Particularly this one as it looks clean and flawless and I heard good reviews about battery life. I have a few questions though before I can do it.

Actually my phone is from sprint (cdma) but I am using it over canadian GSM network FIDO. Please note that the phone is still locked to sprint but it works on international GSM networks without first unlocking. My question is in my case (cdma to gsm) what would be the steps to flash a new rom? Considering I have made no changes to the phone so far. Do I need to flash HardSPL? Security Unlock? <nething else>? also in which order (i.e. which one is supposed to be done first, second?)

Thanks for support and making this place really great....
Well, first, you need to Unlock your phone, please refer to the sticky in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades by CMONEX about HSPL (there are several threads in the stickied section about unlocking and flashing that will help you if you need it). Once you unlock your phone, you can Flash custom ROM's. Since you are with Sprint, make sure you Flash the ROM's in the CDMA Upgrade section and not the GSM Upgrade section. So if you are just wanting to flash custom ROMs, just go to the stickied HSPL thread and Unlock, and flash away and Enjoy!!

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.