PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
what are you expecting.. Internet sharing does 2 things only USB and BT.. if your wanting wifi tethering you need the cab attached below.. it goes to start>settings>connections by default fyi
But why stock ROM, MightyROM, Mr.X ROM have the ability to use internet sharing by internet setting from my operator?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:03 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
But why stock ROM, MightyROM, Mr.X ROM have the ability to use internet sharing by internet setting from my operator?
some chefs do it, some dont.. you can flash NRG Rom right now, and in ICS itll just say "DATA" by generic default, not a carrier name..

as long as in ICS your not using the setting that says "Phone As Modem" you have nothing to worry about-whether it says your carrier name or not
Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Incrediboy is a n00b

Quote:
some chefs do it, some dont.. you can flash NRG Rom right now, and in ICS itll just say "DATA" by generic default, not a carrier name..

as long as in ICS your not using the setting that says "Phone As Modem" you have nothing to worry about-whether it says your carrier name or not
But I love MediumHill. So u r saying there's nothing i can do in order to use my own operator setting? Is there any cab that i could install? I'm in Indonesia. TIA
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

cant you goto settings>connections>connections and set it up? the itll dial your operator instead of sprints #777..
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Incrediboy is a n00b

Quote:
cant you goto settings>connections>connections and set it up? the itll dial your operator instead of sprints #777..
I've done that and got no problem browsing on my phone. but I wanna browse on my PC too by using my phone as modem. I usually use Internet Sharing on MightyROM and Mr.X. But on Medium Hill, I couldn't see the self-made settings, just USB.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I've done that and got no problem browsing on my phone. but I wanna browse on my PC too by using my phone as modem. I usually use Internet Sharing on MightyROM and Mr.X. But on Medium Hill, I couldn't see the self-made settings, just USB.
have you tried wifi-router? its under utilities inside the the start menu,i havent used it but its there. I hope it works for you

MY GAMING CLAN WEB SITE http://l4dhydra.webs.com/
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Sorry I haven't updated the rest of the ROMs yet. I've been doing some thinking about what to do. I think I am going to hold off, and just update everything. Got some new stuff, app updates, and I think I'm going to change COM branches (threaded email will still be there "hopefully" if things play nicely). I don't have a set in stone schedule for release of beta or update, but I will try and make it a good update.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
now your just losing me man....

what are you expecting/wanting to see?? and we'll go from there.. but it doesnt matter what the connections called as long as its not Phone As Modem
Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Great update dibbson. 2018 is very nice. Did you change anything in manila or is it stock? 4 icons on home page and you don't see the top row when you flip up. me likey, and i am an rss freak so it rocks. fyi, the internet icon on the slider is different when you slide to it (sprint rom). i love all the new options on email tab when I hit menu. that double rocks.

On another note, I frequently get error messages from Arkswitch and then it closes. I think it has to do with low memory. Has happened on the last few builds, not new. don't know if anybody else runs their mem that low to be affected. Interested to see the new stuff you have in mind, keep it cooking!

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On the NRG ROM thread, they say that the new Arkswitch v 1.2 released on Sep 4 seems to solve the problems.

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=618300

Worth a try.

Last edited by Wizzard; 09-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development