PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 10-04-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT2

HERE is the link to the start menu removal, it's not my work, so I may not be much help if you have issues, nor am I sure if it works as I haven't tried it. No need to explain about donations really, obviously I'm not doing this as a day job, lol, although it might be more fun if I could. I will have to look for a youtube, I only have it in package form.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

DIBS you gotta stop hiding all these settings from me man lol I dont know where excatlly the reg for unhide the slide to lock so i can use s2u2 instead
Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

@dibbs, all still runnin great. will upgrade from beta to new release tomorrow. also coincidentally, i have been running the arto deactivate start menu for the last week with excellent results. i did not use the solution you posted, but another that gave great instructions and extra cabs to re-enable start menu and X-button. i have looked and can not find the thread, though I know its on xda.

@jkraze are u running cht2? there are a lot of options and its hard to find them all, if you are.

@guy who keeps getting freezes with cht2 (sorry, I am mobile, forgot your screen name, but had 2 cents to share). I had a lot of freezing with cht2 when I had 5 home screens. I decreased to 3 and have been running smooth since. I also did the deactivate start menu referenced earlier too, which might also help

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

@jkraze, what wonka said, lol.

also wonka might be right about the freezing on more than 3 screens as I have only used 3 or less with great results.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

dimensi0n is just getting started

finally went droid. HTC EVO and I gotta say, this OS craps on our WinMo. Phone 7 drops Oct. 11 tho.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

The EVO is a good phone, I have rooted and flashed a few. Android is a good OS, but there are some things that are good on WinMo too though. For example Scilor's Groovemobile, only free mobile GrooveShark app I think ( I use it all the time when in the car, I actually have only a few mp3's on my phone now ( mostly for testing purposes ) because of that app ). To be honest though, that's about the only thing that I would really miss. Although I could always wirelessly tether the TP2 to the newer phone, lol. The development community is constantly growing there, which is always a good thing as well. WP7 "could" be really good if done right ( but that's a BIG "if" ). I was leaning towards WP7 until the whole no tethering thing ( although, that "should" be able to be fixed with 3rd party software ( when it gets unlocked/rooted/whatever ). I actually made a ROM that I've been playing with on my other TP2 with that Host GUI from XDA, it's a really great start on a WP7 GUI, and runs really good on only about 8 to 12MB's of RAM on average. Use only the today menu, no sense or titanium, and it runs pretty fast and smooth with lots of RAM left. And yeah, WP7 debuts on the 11th, but no CDMA for six months though. Which is fine by me, I get to sit back and watch how the community evolves before I can get one. I'm also waiting for a good dual proc or more phone with lots of RAM. Anyways, I'm rambling a bit... lol
Old 10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just switched over to your rom from another one that had not updated in a long time, but could not find a shortcut for HTC Peep / Twitter to add to my home screen quick links, is there an easy way to restore that shortcut?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

rndchef is becoming a great contributor

I am very happy to see you updated Cookie to CHT 2.0. Unfortunately, I am getting SOD every time I plug the phone into my computer and Active Synch starts.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? I have never had this problem before and flashed up and down the street. Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

A couple of other thoughts,

I noticed that the thumbnails for the internet shortcuts don't seem to be generated

the grayed out slider icon (no e) for the internet does not match the colored version (with e).

The remove RSS cab in post 3472 doesn't work correctly as it misaligns calendar entries under the bar that it is supposed to descend from.

Oh great and wonderful Windows Phone Rom chef dibbson, would you be able to post a cab for a non-grayed out manila slider and another cab for removing the RSS feed widget?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Iusacell

TecMan is just getting started

Hi dibbson and Friends:

Can you explian to me what are the imprvements for 10-2SprintTitanium.rar? I'm running my TP2 with Medium Hill ROM's 8-4 SprintTitanium 23569

Thanks

SPRINT HTC Touch Pro 2
SPL-1.00.OliNex
ROM version: Medium Hill ROM's 8-4 SprintTitanium 23569
Carrier: Iusacell-Mexico (Plan Elite-50)
Radio version: 2.32.00WU
Memory Card: 16GB microSDH

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development