PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 4-18-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

@dibbs, the rom was a fresh install with a few apps installed from MHU app, and slaker, MS RDP 6.5, CHT 1.7.1, and CHT editor 1.7.1.1.

I will reflash today, and not install CHT.... or anything for that matter ( The 1st beta went so well that I decided to hit this one with everything I got ). I had gotten a funny feeling that it maybe CHT, which is why I uninstalled it during my last few test. Didn't consider it would leave damage to manila.

I'll report back later with my findings... er, maybe tomorrow as its my brother-in-laws 21st bday and we are suppose to go out tonight.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

It's been awhile since I have known someone young enough to have a 21st birthday, but I can remember those parties for sure Anyways, yeah, even after uninstalling CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1, the problems are still present in the ROM unfortunately. Thanks for putting the ROM through the ringer though, it definitely helps.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Dibbson, Any future plans to release a 6.5.x clean rom or "titanium" rom as before? I know its a lot of extra work. I have been running one I made from cal kitchen (little buggy, not as cool as your roms) with the latest sys but I love how fast this phone runs with all of the free ram. I am running at 125 mb at boot and never fall below 95 or so. Its a freekin speed demon - and no manilla.

I mean a clean rom with your updater app would be the shiznick.

Also finally figured out how to autoconfigure my email accounts using xda_uc, anyway to translate that info to something I can impliment via cab or updater app?

Thanks for everything.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 04-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Moziah7 is a n00b

Running the ROM on Verizon with CHT 1.7.1.
I had one instance of SMS not rendering correctly in landscape, but a soft reset solved that and I haven't seen anything glitchy since.

Now watch...as soon as I post how well my phone is working, something funky will happen!! Hopefully I did not jinx myself!

Seriously, I am loving this ROM, even with Cookie. Battery life is unreal...speed is sweet...no complaints whatsoever! Hoping that it stays that way!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dibbs,

I am running your 23559 ROM with Co0kie 1.7.1 and CHT Editor 1.7.1.1 and everything works perfect!

I am waiting for your 23563 release or later to begin using the Voldeus background cab.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Ok. It's a little too quiet in here. Please, somebody, come up with a bricked phone, leak a beta or start flaming somebody. Or Dibbson could you maybe YELL AT US now and then !!!!!!!!!!

On a real note. When I go to the email tab - then flip to and tap one of my emails to read it. The stacked emails kind of flip and "jump" around a lot before the email actually opens to be read. I'm not sure what is causing it. I've only noticed it on this latest ROM with Cookie 1.7.1 loaded. Anyone else see this? Or did I just miss it in the past?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

Yeah.. a little quiet but that can be a good thing. cookie is good but I don't see a real need for it. I don't mess much with Sense UI and typically leave it stock unless any UI enhancements are cooked in by the chefs.

Maybe it's UI lag? does it still happen on a fresh boot?

Last edited by quazimodem; 04-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

@Comstar, you have been flamed (see attached pic) LOL....

anyways, yeah, I have noticed a email lag/jitter when cookie 1.7.1 was installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FartFire.jpg (40.1 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
@Comstar, you have been flamed (see attached pic) LOL....

anyways, yeah, I have noticed a email lag/jitter when cookie 1.7.1 was installed.
WOW. Now I know how the ROMs get cooked and why you don't put out an update everyday

That is the funniest thing I have seen yet on PPCgeeks - classic seeing my poor avatar smoked!!!

Now back to quiet.............

Last edited by Comstar; 04-28-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

yep, back to quiet.

it's ok, i would rather it be quiet than having a flood of issue posts.

also working on something totally new, that might turn out to be really really cool/awesome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development