PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DKSE is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 4-18-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

The Verizon rom is running great but I prefer the stocks Sense icons. Also the HTC Youtube App & the Swype touch keyboard appear to be missing? And maybe you could add the call history tab? I also like the original splash where the red text text has a black background, then it goes to the Medium Hill screen. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

The MH wishing well has taken your 2 cents. Now you must wait and see... But I will say swype won't be added back. Youtube is on the online updater for cab install (this saves space as it likes to be installed into it's own directory outside of windows. Because of the way ROM's cook, it copies the files to windows and then to the appropriate directory, but doesn't erase the original. So you lose space, hence CAB install of youtube to save a little space as it's only being installed to the proper directory instead of windows > proper directory). I've also been mulling over all this tab overload of sorts. Tab for this tab for that, adding tabs takes away memory and can add bugs and lag. Like I said, contemplating what to do about various add on tabs. Slider icons are a work in progress, probably end up making my own as I can't really settle on anything really.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

I'm kinda in-between my regular roms (due to lack of updates) and decided to finally give this rom a shot.

I usually stay clear of 6.5.5 roms because of UI issues but tbh, I'm really impressed with the speed of this rom. It's fast as hell. I like the fact that this rom is clean too with not a lot of bloat. I like MH Online Updater is nice. Definitely a unique feature that, as far as I know, other cooks do not offer.

I'm not big on having apps pre-installed that basically require subscription eg. Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV... I just hide/delete what I don't use or care to see so it's not really a big deal.

Dibbson, you just got a new fan for your roms... I don't flash too often so I may stick with this rom for a while. Really slick rom... I love it so far.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for trying it, and glad you like it
Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Regarding the incoming call issue with the 4/25 Verizon Test rom:

I just had the problem occur a few times in a row. Memory usage was ~49MB free w/ only active sync running. I decided to run some tests to see if I could narrow the problem down.

Background notes: Verizon rings for ~30 seconds before voicemail (1 ring every ~6 seconds). There are 5 rings total before voicemail comes on. All standard ring tones used on land line, and on cell phone. (FYI: NO music playing on land line, since that is an option).

Most test are done with cookie home tab installed, unless otherwise noted.

I have google voice linked to my cell phone's voicemail. Maybe thats the issue???

Signal strength on EV: 1 bar (I know... not very technically, lol. sorry)

Here are the test and results:

1) [PROBLEM] Received 2 calls and answered the call at about 2-3 rings in. The screen froze on the slid to answer.

2) [OK] Test call from land line. Line rang once, and on second ring my cell rang. Slid to answer worked.

3) [PROBLEM] Test call from cell line. Line rang 3 times before my cell rang. Waited till 2nd cell phone ring (4th line ring) before sliding to answer. It froze there for about 5 seconds and I then miss the call.

4) [OK] HTC Sense off! Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Waited till 3rd cell phone ring (4th line ring) to slide to answer.

5) [OK] HTC Sense off! Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Muted ring, clicked on various parts of the screen. Slid slider back and forth before answering on 3rd call phone ring (4th line ring).

6) [PROBLEM] HTC Sense on. Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 4th line ring. Slide to answer froze, and I missed the call

7) [OK] HTC Sense on. Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Slide to answer immediately, and it worked.

[OK] HTC Sense on. Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Waited till 4th line ring (3rd cell ring), and slide to answer worked.

9) [PROBLEM] Uninstalled Cookie Home Tab, and soft reset. HTC Sense on. Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Waited till 5th line ring ( 4th cell ring) and slide to answer froze for about 5 seconds, and missed call.

10) [OK] Cookie Home Tab not installed. HTC Sense on. Test call from cell line. Cell rang on 2nd line ring. Waited till 5th line ring ( 4th cell ring) and slide to answer froze for about 5 seconds, and missed call.

So, those are the results... I didn't really see any common factors when the problems occurred... seems to happen at random. But it usually happened when the call was approx. greater then 18 secs (4 line rings), and I didn't have any problems when HTC Sense was off.

If the issue happens again tomorrow I will run some test without the google voice linked to my phone.

Last edited by cls_; 04-27-2010 at 02:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, I have one question for you Cls. Did you run your tests with nothing at all installed, fresh flash? I have been running my own tests the last few days, and one thing keeps coming up. The new version of CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1 really are causing a lot of problems. Everytime I install it, things always go downhill with random glitches and what not. On a fresh flash and never install CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1, I don't get those glitches. I didn't have so many random problems from CHT 1.7.0. So basically, If you didn't try it, I would appreciate it if you would try your dialer analysis without ever installing anything. I've gone over 24 hours now (no CHT installed) and not a single glitch, or anything. As soon as I install the newer CHT version, it all goes downhill, and the problems remain even after uninstalling CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1. Not sure what is causing it in the new version, but that seems to be one of the big things that is causing most all of the problems (at least on my end). And O.P.P (other peoples programs, lol) is something I can't fix. I'm still looking into the facebook updates thing, and it's proving to be a pesky little, thing. It's either the newer SYS's causing it, or something in manila (which i have my ideas about), but I've got a couple more tests I want to do on that one.

Last edited by dibbson; 04-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
? I have been running my own tests the last few days, and one thing keeps coming up. The new version of CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1 really are causing a lot of problems. Everytime I install it, things always go downhill with random glitches and what not. On a fresh flash and never install CHT 1.7.1 and CHT editor 1.7.1.1, I don't get those glitches. .
I have also noticed a lot of glitches after installing CHT 1.7.1. I have not been posting any of them as I did run my phone off a fresh flash for 1/2 day with no problems to troubleshoot and everything was fine. As soon as I loaded CHT my random issues started. For me, I'm living with it, because I really like CHT. I'm on Sprint so I can't help out on testing possible Verizon specific isuues.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

yeah, CHT 1.7.0 runs a lot better, less issues, glitches, and randomness. I would suggest reverting back to 1.7.0. Cls noted that his testing was done with CHT installed (didn't say which version, but I would assume it was 1.7.1 with CHT editor 1.7.1.1), so I thought I would mention it. Really not much difference between the old and new version, as far as new features. I have actually stopped running CHT because of all the randomness that it has caused with the new version.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
yeah, CHT 1.7.0 runs a lot better, less issues, glitches, and randomness. I would suggest reverting back to 1.7.0. Cls noted that his testing was done with CHT installed (didn't say which version, but I would assume it was 1.7.1 with CHT editor 1.7.1.1), so I thought I would mention it. Really not much difference between the old and new version, as far as new features. I have actually stopped running CHT because of all the randomness that it has caused with the new version.
Have you ever tried to cook it in? I know nothing about it but was wondering if that would make any difference. I have not tried any of the other ROM's that cook it in. But from the looks of it they have A LOT more issues than this fine ROM!!!! So maybe that's the answer to my own question..
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

yeah, I made a secret test ROM I released to a couple people right after 1.7.0 came out. There is no difference between cooking in CHT or CAB installing it, it runs the same either way. I have tried cooking 1.7.1 and it presents the same problems as CAB installing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development