PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
There are three.
We have the dotTaskMgr, taskmgr and PHM Task Manager.

The one you have posted pics is the dotTaskMgr.

PHM Task Manager opens with the reg editor and has more options still.
No it's not.

I've configured it that way.

That's the "default" taskmanager that comes with this ROM.

All you have to do is go to:

Menu -> Options -> Tabs and Buttons -> select whatever tabs and options you want.

I purposely deselected ALL of them except for Applications (About tab can not be removed by the way)

See for yourself:

And there goes the regedit too by the way, see.

Quote:
While the two posted do look the same they are using different processes.
The first time I tried the one you use I did indeed have 1 meg in use with it.
After reset in started with 540k and dropped lower.
I don't have Fred's installed.

Quote:
So while you may be correct on the ram usage it still doesn't make much since to do all those steps just to have a few more options.
The default will close apps and view apps and processes.
Why is there a need to go through all the extra steps?
It does make sense.

The default one quite frankly SUCKS.

It's all about ease of use, and quite frankly, if your fingers are so small (not that mine are large by any means, Im 6' tall and 160lbs to give you an idea), then perhaps its not a problem for you.

But most of us prefer something that is more finger friendly Im sure, and the problem with the dotTaskManager (aka FdcSoft TaskMgr aka Freds) is the fact that it's made with a stylus in mind, and I don't like having to take the tip of my finger with its non-existing nails, and trying my best to be steady while clicking on a process.

That takes all of the fun out of multi-tasking.

taskmgr on the other hand poses no such problems

Quote:
All you really had to do was change the long key to Task Manager instead of making the shortcut and all those steps.
That does not work.

It doesn't associate it with the right task manager that way.

Try it for yourself.

It opens up, this one:

Besides,
My method really takes little more than 30 seconds, and after you set it, you forget it.

Quote:
TaskMgr is the default task manager for WM BTW. It is version 3.1
I have gone between both with the long key and tested them all.
Which is exactly what I have here:

It just looks different than yours because as I explained and outlined above, I removed all of the superfluous tabs.

Once again, try it for yourself, you will see what I mean.

Quote:
Again there is no need to make a shortcut for an app that is already in the windows folder and already on the long key press list.
If taskmgr is NOT in the \Start Menu\Programs folder, then it will NOT appear in the buttons shortcut list unless you put taskmgr there.

I guarantee you this 100%

Try it for yourself once more.
I just did by removing the shortcut from \Start Menu\Programs, and what do you know, it's not longer in the buttons list.

I then put the shortcut back where it belonged, and taskmgr once more appears in the programmable buttons list.

Quote:
That just complicates it more for people.
Just choose it from the list and there ya go.
Sorry, but you are wrong again.

Quote:
I am not going to argue.
If you like it and want to go through all the needless steps feel free.
There's nothing needless about it, you just happen to be wrong about everything in this post my friend.

Last edited by hamidxa; 11-12-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

As further proof to demonstrate that everything I've said is 100% accurate and that you were incorrect about your assertions, here's what happens when you remove the 'taskmgr' shortcut from the \Start Menu\Programs folder.

Here's what happens when you put it back:

Everything I've stated really does speak for itself as my posts are substantiated by the screenshots Ive posted.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
That does not work.

It doesn't associate it with the right task manager that way.

Try it for yourself.
I did it and it DOES work friend.
I do not have it in my Start Menu/Programs still.
Not there!

I can choose either of the two task managers and they will change depending on the one I want.

Quote:
There's nothing needless about it, you just happen to be wrong about everything in this post my friend
I hate to be an azz but your are a nut!
You just want to argue about a task manager then argue away my friend.
Your childish claims and rants fall on mute ears.

I am not a noob here and I assure you I have fixed more problems on this device and helped more people than you care to realize.

It doesn't make a diff if you want EVERYONE to think your way is the only way and you are right.
Who cares? No one but you.

I withdraw from your games and move on to the mods and problems I was working on before.

Have a great night.
BTW I am 5'10 and 192lbs ( not fat ) so I do not have small fingers either.

What ever the heck that was all about big guy. :/

Keep this going but it will be by your self.
Good night.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I did it and it DOES work friend.
I do not have it in my Start Menu/Programs still.
Not there!

I can choose either of the two task managers and they will change depending on the one I want.

I hate to be an azz but your are a nut!
You just want to argue about a task manager then argue away my friend.
Your childish claims and rants fall on mute ears.

I am not a noob here and I assure you I have fixed more problems on this device and helped more people than you care to realize.

It doesn't make a diff if you want EVERYONE to think your way is the only way and you are right.
Who cares? No one but you.

I withdraw from your games and move on to the mods and problems I was working on before.

Have a great night.
BTW I am 5'10 and 192lbs ( not fat ) so I do not have small fingers either.

What ever the heck that was all about big guy. :/

Keep this goinf but it will be by your self.
Good night.

I didn't realize that posting screenshots to substantiate all of my claims makes it sophomoric, when it's you that are just making baseless assertions (Yes it is, no it isn't) with absolutely nothing to back it up with.

Every point I made is backed up with proof.

I just don't appreciate it when someone rebuts something I've said that not only I know to be entirely false, but then goes so far as to refuse to acknowledge that he's mistaken even after I've posted legitimate proof corroborating every point I've made thus far.
  • Be it the RAM usage you were complaining about earlier (it was never over 1MB, just 150-170K)
  • Or the assertion that the taskmanager I was showing was not the right one because it lacked a regedit, all the while failing to realize that perhaps I removed that tab altogether, and then posted a pic that proves as much
  • Or the belief that the shortcut is superfluous and not needed when I demonstrated above that removing it has deleterious effects in that it also removes taskmgr from the programmable buttons menu

Just saying nuh-uh and then pinning the blame on me for being sophomoric when I've done nothing but present factual information in a very easy to follow and reproducible manner which is substantiated by screenshots documenting everything, is tantamount to tomfoolery.

That's the last thing I'll say about this.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Samsung Epic.

drthv8r is becoming a great contributor

Guys cmon you're taking away from the ROM here. Who cares what does what on who's phone? My God a newbie would be lost by now, just do what works best for you and your phone. Do we really need Josh reading through a dozen pages trying to get tips for his ROM from us over a stinking task manager picture posting? You're all right and nobody's wrong. Can't we all just get along?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drthv8r View Post
Guys cmon you're taking away from the ROM here. Who cares what does what on who's phone? My God a newbie would be lost by now, just do what works best for you and your phone. Do we really need Josh reading through a dozen pages trying to get tips for his ROM from us over a stinking task manager picture posting? You're all right and nobody's wrong. Can't we all just get along?
+1 to this one, brother.

A pissing match over a task manager. On someone else's _very_ excellent ROM. A ROM so good, that it's made this newbie forget for the last few days how damned annoying the TP has been, and which has made me look forward - yes, LOOK FORWARD! - to using my phone a whole lot more. So knock it off guys, and go find your own sandbox to play in.

And as for Josh, I offer to you many thanks for the quite obvious hard work you've put into this offering for all of us. Great job!

Best,
Ito
Old 11-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Swampthing777 is a n00b

OK,

maybe I've not used the right terminology in describing what I've been looking for.

In every previous rom that I've used there has been a little 3-4 line(horizontal) box located in the upper right hand corner in the task bar. It wasn't a large program.

Once clicked on a small list dropped down showing what programs are open and how much processor power is being used (as a percentage). It didn't open a whole program, just a little drop down.

This is what I've been missing in this rom. I realize its not much but I've used it to switch between programs. Like when I've closed my RSS hub to check a text message. Then, instead of opening up a whole program I just tap in the upper right hand corner, check the drop down and tap the currently running RSS hub again.

The only reaons I'm harping on this is because until this point I've taken it for granted as being standard in every ROM to date.

The quick menu is the closest thing I've found to this, but after several days of testing its proven to be less finger friendly than what I'm describing. Also, more importantly many times, tapping the TINY "x" in quick menu doesn't close the program (even the "close all programs" won't always shut the programs down).

Hence, I care less about the full blown task manager programs and all I really am looking for is a the really light weight function I've described.

I'll be honest, I'd pay Josh H. something to get this feature, because with this feature I'd have THE most stable ROM I've ever used to date.

Its a small thing, but sometimes the devil is in the details and that's true here for me.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

izzyforreal is just getting started

Does Bluetooth PAN work in this ROM?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700
Carrier: MetroPCS

Williamh85 is a n00b

Not sure if it was posted yet but I flashed ur Rom stright from stock. I mean I just got this phone today! Anyways on bootup it would go to the connection status screen, After a reflash that fixxed it. Also I was unable to edit anything in ##778# I changed hit OK and the phone just went off. Had to go back to stock to change them. Just 2 things I had happen will let U know if I get more, Liking the rom alot thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampthing777 View Post
OK,

maybe I've not used the right terminology in describing what I've been looking for.

In every previous rom that I've used there has been a little 3-4 line(horizontal) box located in the upper right hand corner in the task bar. It wasn't a large program.

Once clicked on a small list dropped down showing what programs are open and how much processor power is being used (as a percentage). It didn't open a whole program, just a little drop down.

This is what I've been missing in this rom. I realize its not much but I've used it to switch between programs. Like when I've closed my RSS hub to check a text message. Then, instead of opening up a whole program I just tap in the upper right hand corner, check the drop down and tap the currently running RSS hub again.

The only reaons I'm harping on this is because until this point I've taken it for granted as being standard in every ROM to date.

The quick menu is the closest thing I've found to this, but after several days of testing its proven to be less finger friendly than what I'm describing. Also, more importantly many times, tapping the TINY "x" in quick menu doesn't close the program (even the "close all programs" won't always shut the programs down).

Hence, I care less about the full blown task manager programs and all I really am looking for is a the really light weight function I've described.

I'll be honest, I'd pay Josh H. something to get this feature, because with this feature I'd have THE most stable ROM I've ever used to date.

Its a small thing, but sometimes the devil is in the details and that's true here for me.
You should really go back and actually READ this thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
empirom, rom, tellme, touch pro, windows mobile 6.5