View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Swampthing777
Lurker

Swampthing777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

OK,

maybe I've not used the right terminology in describing what I've been looking for.

In every previous rom that I've used there has been a little 3-4 line(horizontal) box located in the upper right hand corner in the task bar. It wasn't a large program.

Once clicked on a small list dropped down showing what programs are open and how much processor power is being used (as a percentage). It didn't open a whole program, just a little drop down.

This is what I've been missing in this rom. I realize its not much but I've used it to switch between programs. Like when I've closed my RSS hub to check a text message. Then, instead of opening up a whole program I just tap in the upper right hand corner, check the drop down and tap the currently running RSS hub again.

The only reaons I'm harping on this is because until this point I've taken it for granted as being standard in every ROM to date.

The quick menu is the closest thing I've found to this, but after several days of testing its proven to be less finger friendly than what I'm describing. Also, more importantly many times, tapping the TINY "x" in quick menu doesn't close the program (even the "close all programs" won't always shut the programs down).

Hence, I care less about the full blown task manager programs and all I really am looking for is a the really light weight function I've described.

I'll be honest, I'd pay Josh H. something to get this feature, because with this feature I'd have THE most stable ROM I've ever used to date.

Its a small thing, but sometimes the devil is in the details and that's true here for me.