PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Samsung Epic.
Carrier: Sprint

drthv8r is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
and then of course there's the Outlook bug
I don't use Outlook so I didn't know about the bug, thanks for the heads up. This thread sure has been a learning experience...lol.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drthv8r View Post
Oh OK since I'm with Sprint I guess that's why I couldn't see the point in all this. Thanks for clearing it up for me, as you know I asked before and got a smart @ssed reply.
No problem dude.

We don't really have to worry much about those issues on Sprint but VZ users have to cut every corner on custom roms just to make TF3D usable sometimes.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv

guys how do i change the backgrounds? in touch flow

Last edited by jeffyv; 11-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyv View Post
guys how do i change the backgrounds? in touch flow
Slide the tab over to settings in TF3D and click wallpaper.
Or um maybe it is Personalize then Home tab wallpaper.
Not sure how it is setup on this rom.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Swampthing777 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drthv8r View Post
I've tried just about every ROM I can get my hands on and this ROM is by far the best I've come across. It's about as close to a custom ROM I'd want cooked for myself as a ROM can get, it's not too bloated with junk and not trimmed down needing me to customize it by adding a lot of things to it. It's fast, stable, and flat out works.

It's just a shame most of this thread is getting cluttered up with people not happy with the lack of a stupid processor meter (I still have no clue why that even matters NOR do I care) or certain task managers not doing this or doing that or to small to read or too overkill. It just goes to show as close to perfection as this ROM is some people are still going to find something to complain about it. Does it really matter if one task manager uses a little more processor than the other one? I mean cmon people.

My only reason for replying here is to demonstrate to Josh H. (EMPIROM Creator) why this feature is a must have.

1. The Task Management function acts as a system monitor and multitasking tool: If you've not used this then you don't know, if you have then you know that you can click the little "x" while in say RSS to answer a text message/phone call etc... and then quickly bounce back into that previous program.

Because these phones can run multiple programs at once and because this rom no longer has a convenient method of monitoring which programs are running you can easily have multiple unused programs running in the background. This can lead to all manner of slowdowns and freezing issues. Not to mention I can't imagine its helping the battery life either.

2. Ask a smart a$$ question, get a smart a$$ answer;
You are actually asking about why we/I need a custom feature on a thread about CUSTOM ROMS! Everyone here is interested in making their phone function as best it can for them. NEED is not an issue here as few people NEED Touch Pros, or custom roms or custom programs or ANYTHING pocket PC related. Obviously NEED is not an issue, desire is; the question you should have asked yourself before asking your question is "is there any reason NOT to have the task manager?"

3. Josh H. again, thanks a lot for the awesome work! I really do appreciate your labors on this topic as its made me like my Touch Pro all over again.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Samsung Epic.

drthv8r is becoming a great contributor

I'm due for my Touch Pro 2 upgrade in a week or so, I hope Josh cooks up a ROM for that one too.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I agree with all that.
Just not sure mapping taskmgr is that much better than the stock mapped task manager options.
It is the same app but depending on how it is opened it offers different options.
By default task manager in WinMo, I'm assuming you mean this one:

taskmgr however (the oft forgotten about task manager) is nothing like the above one:

In terms of finger-friendliness of course -- there's a night and day difference between the 2.

taskmgr is essentially much like Showcase as far as finger-friendliness goes, but without all of the quirks that makes Showcase frustrating to use at times.

Also once more, the RAM consumption on taskmgr is between 150-170K.
It does NOT go above that, and CPU usage while running it throttles between 0-1%, it only spiked to 6-7% the very moment the screenshot was taken, then went back down to 0-1%

I just want to make it absolutely clear that it does NOT use 1MB of RAM, that's the other one.

taskmgr only uses between 150-170K even if it's mapped (as mine happens to be), so it's very Verizon-friendly.

Last edited by hamidxa; 11-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (NFSFAN's ROM)

Joelm815 is a n00b

i thought josh said he was including quickmenu in the next rom. i have been running it the past few days with no problem. just did a road trip with the Empirom and i was switching programs while driving no problem. (would be great if it had bigger buttons though) Again Josh love the sprint nav program.

I have got my TP to the point where i cant figure out what else to do with it. Have you had any luck finding a icon and folder set?

To be honest after using the TF 2.5 in other roms and then switching to this one. I would rather have the stability of your 2.1.

Also has any body had issues with their TP Charging while use the GPS. Mine was plugged in the whole trip and died half way through. I have had this problem with all 4 of the TP sprint has given me. I was kind of hoping a new rom would fix this issue.

Thanks Josh. Keep up the good work. look forward to the next build.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

jkpsaras is just getting started

If the battery gets to hot, it'll stop charging
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

jkpsaras is just getting started

Anyone else having issues with the Program or Settings menu? When selecting a sub-folder the new grouping of icons is overlaid on top of the previous grouping. When scrolling the screen becomes a pixelated mess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
empirom, rom, tellme, touch pro, windows mobile 6.5