PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc hero
Carrier: sprint

tlpalmer01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

:drun ken:i flashed to this from a 2.5 manilla rom..i needed something a little more stable but energys is sweet....this rom is very quick, sharp and i havent found any bugs yet and been playing with it for a while..very impressed please keep up the good work......like the above posts i just mapped task manager to a soft key and no problems..............thanks....=D>
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
By default task manager in WinMo, I'm assuming you mean this one:

taskmgr however (the oft forgotten about task manager) is nothing like the above one:

In terms of finger-friendliness of course -- there's a night and day difference between the 2.

taskmgr is essentially much like Showcase as far as finger-friendliness goes, but without all of the quirks that makes Showcase frustrating to use at times.

Also once more, the RAM consumption on taskmgr is between 150-170K.
It does NOT go above that, and CPU usage while running it throttles between 0-1%, it only spiked to 6-7% the very moment the screenshot was taken, then went back down to 0-1%

I just want to make it absolutely clear that it does NOT use 1MB of RAM, that's the other one.

taskmgr only uses between 150-170K even if it's mapped (as mine happens to be), so it's very Verizon-friendly.
There are three.
We have the dotTaskMgr, taskmgr and PHM Task Manager.

The one you have posted pics is the dotTaskMgr.

PHM Task Manager opens with the reg editor and has more options still.

While the two posted do look the same they are using different processes.
The first time I tried the one you use I did indeed have 1 meg in use with it.
After reset in started with 540k and dropped lower.

So while you may be correct on the ram usage it still doesn't make much since to do all those steps just to have a few more options.
The default will close apps and view apps and processes.
Why is there a need to go through all the extra steps?

All you really had to do was change the long key to Task Manager instead of making the shortcut and all those steps.
TaskMgr is the default task manager for WM BTW. It is version 3.1
I have gone between both with the long key and tested them all.

Again there is no need to make a shortcut for an app that is already in the windows folder and already on the long key press list.
That just complicates it more for people.
Just choose it from the list and there ya go.

I am not going to argue.
If you like it and want to go through all the needless steps feel free.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-12-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

On a side note NRG rom is using the same task manager mapped to the hard key as you are using by default.

Maybe that was leading to some confusion.
Still no need to make a shortcut because the long key options look in the windows folder and that is where all these are.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

geostone is a n00b

I flashed this a few days ago amd for some reason I keep getting random lockup. Tonight I have had it lock up and it will not boot past the initial screen with the phone info on it, it. I can get to the bootloader screen though. If anyone could help me out and let me know what I need to do to reflash I would be most grateful.

Geo
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostone View Post
I flashed this a few days ago amd for some reason I keep getting random lockup. Tonight I have had it lock up and it will not boot past the initial screen with the phone info on it, it. I can get to the bootloader screen though. If anyone could help me out and let me know what I need to do to reflash I would be most grateful.

Geo
Here is what you need to do.
Sometimes there is a bad flash or corruption from flashing a custom rom over another custom rom.
There is more to it but that is the gist of it.

Flash back to a stock rom and then hard reset.
That will clear any errors or corrupt files out.
Test it on the stock rom to make sure everything works.

Flash to custom and possibly another hard reset.
I usually skip the last one.
That should fix you right up.

It isn't a rom issue but a flash issue.
Good luck friend.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)

snipper_cr is just getting started

***COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE TASK MANAGER TOPIC***

Josh, I notice in my notifications page when it says "Multiple networks detected" there is some displayed programming code under that. Not sure if you meant that but doesn't look like it belongs.

Also when adjusting the volume, if you use the hardware buttons it will adjust which ever volume is selected (phone or system) but if you try to adjust the other one with the stylus (or your finger) it will go away after a few seconds, even while you are adjusting it.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker

Swampthing777 is a n00b

well...my honeymoon might be over...

I'm encountering some really irritating bugs where programs aren't opening...
I don't really blame the Empirom bc these issues started after several cabs/taskbars/taskmanagers.

Now, clicking on something results in the name of the program opening in the upper left hand corner, but the program itself not coming up. Plus, the program shows open in the quick menu, my actual task manager isn't responding...ugh!

Gonna try a re-flash and start over...
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Lurker

geostone is a n00b

Thanks rootlinux it worked. I was just scared because it was the first time I flashed my phone. Anyway, still loving it keep up the good work and thanks for not biting my head off for not using search.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostone View Post
Thanks rootlinux it worked. I was just scared because it was the first time I flashed my phone. Anyway, still loving it keep up the good work and thanks for not biting my head off for not using search.
No problems friend.
Happy to help and glad it worked for you.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Rebuttal to follow.

Last edited by hamidxa; 11-12-2009 at 11:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
empirom, rom, tellme, touch pro, windows mobile 6.5