View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I agree with all that.
Just not sure mapping taskmgr is that much better than the stock mapped task manager options.
It is the same app but depending on how it is opened it offers different options.
By default task manager in WinMo, I'm assuming you mean this one:

taskmgr however (the oft forgotten about task manager) is nothing like the above one:

In terms of finger-friendliness of course -- there's a night and day difference between the 2.

taskmgr is essentially much like Showcase as far as finger-friendliness goes, but without all of the quirks that makes Showcase frustrating to use at times.

Also once more, the RAM consumption on taskmgr is between 150-170K.
It does NOT go above that, and CPU usage while running it throttles between 0-1%, it only spiked to 6-7% the very moment the screenshot was taken, then went back down to 0-1%

I just want to make it absolutely clear that it does NOT use 1MB of RAM, that's the other one.

taskmgr only uses between 150-170K even if it's mapped (as mine happens to be), so it's very Verizon-friendly.

Last edited by hamidxa; 11-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.