PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 18<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Thanks Sharkie, I know I probably could have searched but you saved me some time.
Check back a page I edited the post and added a cab you may like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
the best way to learn (IMO) is to dive in: just get a simple kitchen and try to swap out apps with those from other kitchens. once you get that down you can move onto upgrading the SYS of that kitchen (in my kitchen SYS upgrades are super easy). after sys is XIP (the main OS kernel) these days we really do not have to port XIP's since da_g usually just posts the MSXIPkernel from each build with his SYS.

If you can learn to cook in one day then you'd be a superhuman... I am still learning more every day
Any recommendations as to a couple of kitchens that you would consider to be good "simple kitchen"s to get started with? I was either going to start with yours or Calkulin's. Although, I remember reading something in the first post about your kitchen being for experienced users...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-20-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I really like your ROm RAID! I was having a few hang ups here and there but very fast extremely fast!!!! It would freeze on the contacts app and would randomly call anybody form contacts when I was tryin to call a specific number.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Any recommendations as to a couple of kitchens that you would consider to be good "simple kitchen"s to get started with? I was either going to start with yours or Calkulin's. Although, I remember reading something in the first post about your kitchen being for experienced users...
mine is not that hard to use and modify... I have really already done the hard stuff. But check out electronicrice kitchen, that was my first... It is the old buildos and you will really learn a lot about OEM's and how to make em, then move to Visual kitchen.. do this by building your rom in a buildos kitchen, then open the VK, choose dump nbh, point to your rom you just made and it will create the visual version.

thanks killabytez, what are you having issues with?? EDIT: what version of the rom are you running? I have issues with the TP calling random people no matter what ROM I am on... you are using Icontact right? have you installed any cabs??

Last edited by raidzero; 10-21-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
I will eventually hard reset I guess, but first I will try un-installing the cabs 1 by 1 and see what's up, would that be a similar option? Im going to start with nue, and htcfreeram, then run the rom all day tommorrow and see when and if it crashes.

As for the manila program tab it could be the manila start menu...I think i got them mixed up because they look the same. It has also been awhile since I've seen the manila start menu, not since WM 6.1 so... But still how do I remove the locked programs lol?

As for gfx boost, I did try the rom for about 8 hours before I installed it. Just one of those cabs I always install in hopes to improve the T.P. performance. Would that make it crash? Now for video performance maybe I screwed up the Youtube too because i tried to play 1 video and it was super choppy... I do also have streaming media on there but I dont know how it got on there...

Thanks for the quick response btw.
youtube is not really that good at playing long videos, I think it's something to do with the version of DShow I cooked in. It plays short clips fine... about uninstalling cabs - it may work, but some cabs share the same files, meaning if you installed a cab that overwrote \windows\file_a and then installed another one that contained file_a and file_b in windows. If you then decide you want to uninstall that first cab, you will be kinda screwed because file_a will be removed while the second cab still relies on it. This may be incorrect but that has been my experience with having a ton of cabs installed and then uninstalling them.. All the gfx boost does is tell it to use d3dm_ati.dll or some other driver. it just really tells it whether to put more priority on 2d or 3d graphics (I think). I already have it using that driver for the video... I have also included openvg drivers from neo on xda as well as some openGL goodness. My only gfx benchmark has been coreplayer, and it flies. I also think manila is very good in the framerate dept. Do you know if the gfxboost cab did anything for you? I am glad sharkie answered you rmanila questions as I am a manila n00b
Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
about uninstalling cabs - it may work, but some cabs share the same files, meaning if you installed a cab that overwrote \windows\file_a and then installed another one that contained file_a and file_b in windows. If you then decide you want to uninstall that first cab, you will be kinda screwed because file_a will be removed while the second cab still relies on it. This may be incorrect but that has been my experience with having a ton of cabs installed and then uninstalling them..
Yeah, I agree. The best thing is to hard-reset and install one by one. It's the best way to narrow things down as far as what's doing what to what. You might even come across some bugs you didn't know were caused by "X" cab or install...
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks for helping the masses, sharkie
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was using 23069. I didnt install anythin all I did was configure google for contacts and emails and calendar. oh yea..and the senselike clock! I downloaded your 64 version but it was corrupt. But dam man I was so impressed with the speed!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
I was using 23069. I didnt install anythin all I did was configure google for contacts and emails and calendar. oh yea..and the senselike clock! I downloaded your 64 version but it was corrupt. But dam man I was so impressed with the speed!
titanium or manila? also did you hard reset after flash? I have not heard these issues from anyone else or experienced them myself...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

sephiroth_4 is just getting started

Oh my, what changes have occurred! Thanks for switchin mirrors, updating this awesome rom, and keepin hope alive! I feel the need to donate more, but I must admit...there are too many games coming out I'll do what I can. THANKS AGAIN!

Last edited by sephiroth_4; 10-21-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: couldn't spell occurred right!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development