PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones7 View Post
Ok guys! Took Sharkie's input about sources and the linked note from Lat to obtain and successfully build a 23563 ROM. Not quite 100% but working generally. Installed a DCD VZW carrier cab post-install and data is working fine. I am missing volume control but that may be because I told it to "trim" the unnecessary files which may have been the wrong choice for a newer build. Will rebuild without that option to see if better. Going to try removing EXT's I don't want and adding a few I would like to have. Is making a ROM without a carrier simply a matter of removing the Sprint directory from the kitchen? I get the impression that most of us are used to installing a carrier cab from DCD. I also get this periodic device configuration error code: 1012 that I think is a red herring. Any thoughts on this since the system wants to try and do this config periodically? Only a nuisance at the moment but it's just not clean! Searched RZ kitchen and ROM thread which said to go back to stock rom and then install new rom but I think its possibly related to the Sprint carrier config. Thanks again to the experience chef's who helped me get started. This is fun and I have learned a lot...
You can remove the Sprint folder from kitchen, seeings you are on Verizon. You can use a generic carrier package in the kitchen and DCDs provisioning cab. Or a Verizon carrier package. If you are cooking in Sprint and then using a Verizon provisioning, is probable reason for error.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Ok guys! Took Sharkie's input about sources and the linked note from Lat to obtain and successfully build a 23563 ROM. Not quite 100% but working generally. Installed a DCD VZW carrier cab post-install and data is working fine. I am missing volume control but that may be because I told it to "trim" the unnecessary files which may have been the wrong choice for a newer build. Will rebuild without that option to see if better. Going to try removing EXT's I don't want and adding a few I would like to have. Is making a ROM without a carrier simply a matter of removing the Sprint directory from the kitchen? I get the impression that most of us are used to installing a carrier cab from DCD. I also get this periodic device configuration error code: 1012 that I think is a red herring. Any thoughts on this since the system wants to try and do this config periodically? Only a nuisance at the moment but it's just not clean! Searched RZ kitchen and ROM thread which said to go back to stock rom and then install new rom but I think its possibly related to the Sprint carrier config. Thanks again to the experience chef's who helped me get started. This is fun and I have learned a lot...
Try one of these carrier packages. Generic you will still need provisioning cab. Verizon you shouldn't. These are from TMartins kitchen.

RZs kitchen uses stock WM volume control. Try volume up or down.

Carrier - Generic.zip

Carrier - Verizon.zip
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rdjones7 is a n00b

JBT - thanks for the generic carrier cab. Will try it now and then call it quits for the night soon. About 10 builds done today as I tried and failed on various changes. I am getting closer all the time to my ideal ROM and I have found a lot of info in the thread that gives me answers to my new questions as I step through. Free program memory is at 48M on my VZW rom for the moment and that is with RZ kitchen trimming and 12M PP. Not too bad, Swinn's is higher and that is my target. Have a great night!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 AM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

Generic cab seems to have worked. Ran several data activities and no device config message!! Thanks!!! I don't quite see how to config the ARCSOFT MMS that is installed by the kitchen so that is my next item to review. I see registry entries that point to Sprint that need to get fixed. If I cannot get this figured out then I will remove from kitchen using a skip and install a standalone version which is configurable to carrier. Hopefully the ARCSOFT skip does not throw new errors. So far this is looking pretty good. Thanks Gent's!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Generic cab seems to have worked. Ran several data activities and no device config message!! Thanks!!! I don't quite see how to config the ARCSOFT MMS that is installed by the kitchen so that is my next item to review. I see registry entries that point to Sprint that need to get fixed. If I cannot get this figured out then I will remove from kitchen using a skip and install a standalone version which is configurable to carrier. Hopefully the ARCSOFT skip does not throw new errors. So far this is looking pretty good. Thanks Gent's!
Skipping arcsoft shouldn't give you any errors, you may just not be able to send MMS. Here's one that Verizon users of my ROM say the use and they say it works well for Verizon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tjELITE_ArcSoftMMS5_2_12_62U.zip (2.41 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 AM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

Latest ROM ran overnight without the device config pop-up so that bug is squashed! Thanks JBT! Sharkie, appreciate the feedback and will try a new build with this MMS client software. More builds, more testing...
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Latest ROM ran overnight without the device config pop-up so that bug is squashed! Thanks JBT! Sharkie, appreciate the feedback and will try a new build with this MMS client software. More builds, more testing...
Glad things are working out for you. Once you get a little further along I can help you trim some more from SYS.

Don't forget our Thanks Button.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

Okay you experienced RZ chef's - new questions. Trying to work through them myself but no sense wasting this pool of experience out there! While I appreciate that RZ wanted to put a personal touch on his kitchen, I am really disliking the titanium panel with the touch of color and less polished icons. Is this a result of his replacing the bronzeres.dll under the titanium section? I know some of you use sense exclusively but there is probably someone out there who likes titanium too? Next - I am having problem with input (keyboards). Under certain apps I get this pop-up keyboard (touch input?) geared towards numeric entry and other times I get this pseudo-qwerty keyboard with a funky key arrangement and the symbols are not usual. There is a NullKB and not sure what it's purpose is. Some of the others, block/letter recognizer, transcriber I think are generic to HTC. Not sure how to trim these down and get back to the MS generic keyboard without any frills, or some other keyboard with a fantastic arrangement. I also find the icon on the bottom that indicates keyboard goes black. In the end I want to get the kitchen cleaned up to provide my preferred choices. Now I have heard that in order to get bluetooth headset icons to work you need a different dialer but I think dialers and keyboard input are totally separate. My point is, I don't want to correct my keyboard issues and blow away my bluetooth headset icons. Next - I have run into a problem where I lost the toggles panel on titanium but not sure if that is because I now have some sort of limit on panels. I have seven panels now but thought I had more in the beginning. Might have to reinstall the ROM and start over to see if there were more and did I break this somehow. Anyone know for sure? Is there a registry tweak for number of panels? And last but not least - my WM Player is randomly dying. It is when I use genres to access music rather than an album directly. I had it rebuild the library but it still happens. Is this possibly a 23563 bug or is something being layered in via the kitchen that might be affecting it?

Sorry for the lengthy post but I do appreciate your help!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

A couple of neverminds - WM Player related to problems with the music files themselves. Came across without attributes via sync for some strange reason. I did a new install and found that I can have more panels than 7 so something strange happened before but I do not know what. Still working on the other issues by trying new builds. Time consuming but it works. Would appreciate any input about the input keyboard issues. Have a great Tuesday!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Okay you experienced RZ chef's - new questions. Trying to work through them myself but no sense wasting this pool of experience out there! While I appreciate that RZ wanted to put a personal touch on his kitchen, I am really disliking the titanium panel with the touch of color and less polished icons. Is this a result of his replacing the bronzeres.dll under the titanium section? I know some of you use sense exclusively but there is probably someone out there who likes titanium too? Next - I am having problem with input (keyboards). Under certain apps I get this pop-up keyboard (touch input?) geared towards numeric entry and other times I get this pseudo-qwerty keyboard with a funky key arrangement and the symbols are not usual. There is a NullKB and not sure what it's purpose is. Some of the others, block/letter recognizer, transcriber I think are generic to HTC. Not sure how to trim these down and get back to the MS generic keyboard without any frills, or some other keyboard with a fantastic arrangement. I also find the icon on the bottom that indicates keyboard goes black. In the end I want to get the kitchen cleaned up to provide my preferred choices. Now I have heard that in order to get bluetooth headset icons to work you need a different dialer but I think dialers and keyboard input are totally separate. My point is, I don't want to correct my keyboard issues and blow away my bluetooth headset icons. Next - I have run into a problem where I lost the toggles panel on titanium but not sure if that is because I now have some sort of limit on panels. I have seven panels now but thought I had more in the beginning. Might have to reinstall the ROM and start over to see if there were more and did I break this somehow. Anyone know for sure? Is there a registry tweak for number of panels? And last but not least - my WM Player is randomly dying. It is when I use genres to access music rather than an album directly. I had it rebuild the library but it still happens. Is this possibly a 23563 bug or is something being layered in via the kitchen that might be affecting it?

Sorry for the lengthy post but I do appreciate your help!
I will not be much help with titanium. I would suggest putting skip files in folders you think might be causing your problems and cook. I know its alot of trial and error but its also a good way to learn. As far as sip keyboard that would be Juicy47 Western EZinput in 04 rz apps.

Sorry not much help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development