PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
+1 on that! That's why I'm confused about it. According to some I got things set up right, then according to others, I should change some stuff. Trial and Error is definitely the name of the game when it comes to ROM cooking.

I'll check out those files you mentioned. Thanks a lot! Have a great day!
Also if you use DF TaskMan its a good way to look at processes that are running and how much memory it is using. Especially gwes.exe should slowly use more memory. Mine on first boot is about 12500 kb and grows to about 14000 kb after a day or so, then levels out.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rdjones7 is a n00b

In doing some reading regarding kitchen building and SYS resources I came across the OSKitchen tool at XDA. This looks interesting because it supports multiple phones from the same tool and imports files from stock roms. Has anyone here looked at this and/or have experience with it? EXT's are check boxed in or out depending on what you want to include which is kind of slick.

If you have not seen it, here is a link to it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628948
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones7 View Post
In doing some reading regarding kitchen building and SYS resources I came across the OSKitchen tool at XDA. This looks interesting because it supports multiple phones from the same tool and imports files from stock roms. Has anyone here looked at this and/or have experience with it? EXT's are check boxed in or out depending on what you want to include which is kind of slick.

If you have not seen it, here is a link to it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628948
I have tried using OSKitchen, just not able to cook a ROM with it. I keep getting error messages.
I have also used Visual kitchen. Able to build a ROM, but it seemed slower and had to soft reset a few times.
In the process of setting up OSBuilder. This kitchen looks promising. Very good tools. http://www.mobileunderground.info/sh...ad.php?t=12348 Have been working at it a little bit at a time. Hopefully in about a week I can report better on it.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Hey jbradthomas,

Can you save me a little time perhaps and throw out some names of some of the packages that you found to be causing memory leaks?
I don't use music much, but I went to music tab and let it search the music on my storage card. Didn't listen to any. Then noticed my memory had skyrocketed. The culprit is Audio Manager Engine. Haven't had time to look in to it but just wanted to share with you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
I have tried using OSKitchen, just not able to cook a ROM with it. I keep getting error messages.
I have also used Visual kitchen. Able to build a ROM, but it seemed slower and had to soft reset a few times.
In the process of setting up OSBuilder. This kitchen looks promising. Very good tools. http://www.mobileunderground.info/sh...ad.php?t=12348 Have been working at it a little bit at a time. Hopefully in about a week I can report better on it.
I just discovered OSBuilder. Been trying to learn how to set it up for our touch pro. Still have quite a bit of reading to do. I also was finally able to build a bootable ROM with OsKitchen. Both are very nice kitchens that have alot of useful features. OSBuilder seems to be geared towards more advanced chefs and OsKitchen is easy to use by anybody. I hope to try to look more into setting up OSBuilder this weekend. Thats if my girl dont give me crap about spending too much time on the computer.

|GOOGLE+|gplus.to/sauceda35
Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsauceda35 View Post
I just discovered OSBuilder. Been trying to learn how to set it up for our touch pro. Still have quite a bit of reading to do. I also was finally able to build a bootable ROM with OsKitchen. Both are very nice kitchens that have alot of useful features. OSBuilder seems to be geared towards more advanced chefs and OsKitchen is easy to use by anybody. I hope to try to look more into setting up OSBuilder this weekend. Thats if my girl dont give me crap about spending too much time on the computer.

Good Luck. Keep me posted on how its going. Maybe we can help each other get OSBuilder working for TP.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Good Luck. Keep me posted on how its going. Maybe we can help each other get OSBuilder working for TP.
Sounds good to me. I downloaded indagrooves kitchen for reference. Was hoping it would be as simple as moving files over from my current kitchen.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsauceda35 View Post
Sounds good to me. I downloaded indagrooves kitchen for reference. Was hoping it would be as simple as moving files over from my current kitchen.
OSBuilder folder tree structure is different. It only uses OEM, no EXTs so you will have to convert all your EXTs to OEMs. I add a few packages and then run kitchen, fix errors, add a few more, etc. I have done the same with indagrooves kitchen.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

Ok guys! Took Sharkie's input about sources and the linked note from Lat to obtain and successfully build a 23563 ROM. Not quite 100% but working generally. Installed a DCD VZW carrier cab post-install and data is working fine. I am missing volume control but that may be because I told it to "trim" the unnecessary files which may have been the wrong choice for a newer build. Will rebuild without that option to see if better. Going to try removing EXT's I don't want and adding a few I would like to have. Is making a ROM without a carrier simply a matter of removing the Sprint directory from the kitchen? I get the impression that most of us are used to installing a carrier cab from DCD. I also get this periodic device configuration error code: 1012 that I think is a red herring. Any thoughts on this since the system wants to try and do this config periodically? Only a nuisance at the moment but it's just not clean! Searched RZ kitchen and ROM thread which said to go back to stock rom and then install new rom but I think its possibly related to the Sprint carrier config. Thanks again to the experience chef's who helped me get started. This is fun and I have learned a lot...
Old 09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
N00b

rdjones7 is a n00b

One other note to future RZ Kitchen builders - install the kitchen into c:\RZ on your drive. The batch files are config'd for this and it keeps your root directory a bit cleaner. Gleaned this from a thread from another ROM builder somewhere else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development