PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Doolie View Post
I haven't looked inside yet. The manual shows a sim card slot...[LOOKS INSIDE THE PHONE] ...Nope! It lies. It lies about the front camera and video-calling features too. Thanks for the clear-up. I'm going to try those radios as soon as I get up some nerve. Too many "I unlocked, flashed and then borked my HTC Touch Pro" messages around these boards. Now I see one that says he has the .40.000 SPL like my phone and totally borked it because of Sprint's new built-in relocker protection or something like that. Maybe I won't flash it until I find a stock original unmodified perfect proven tested Sprint-created stock .40.000 ROM image so I can put it back. I hear that ROM isn't out yet. Shoot, I'll dump mine and upload it if you guys tell me how in simple easy clear hold-my-hand steps. I'll trade you for a ROM that's lean mean and easy on the battery.
you must be looking at the wrong manual. there is a gsm touch pro out there and that must be what you're lookin at.
people that post those problems are not paying attention or reading. there's no need to dump anything. you just unlock and flash away. everyone's doin it. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started

Probably a silly question... I'm out in Northern Virginia. Anyone recommend the best radio they've found for this area?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor

OK gotta keep this thread goin'...

I have been using the latest Sprint radio, 1.12.34F, for quite some time with no complaints, within reason. I don't really drop any calls, atleast I'm pretty sure that when I do the problem is not on my end. I do not get a good signal at work, but I work inside a "clean" room in a factory, so I don't see that as bad or unreasonable. But out of boredom and just hoping for better I installed the Verizon 1.03.09V radio last night. At first I had no data, but I figured out I had to go into connections and reset the Sprint settings. I must say that so far I am a bit excited - I have full bars of voice and data. When I get back to work tomorrow I will report on my results...that will be the true test of any improvement because like I said I haven't really had any reception issues besides that.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apueb008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post
OK gotta keep this thread goin'...

I have been using the latest Sprint radio, 1.12.34F, for quite some time with no complaints, within reason. I don't really drop any calls, atleast I'm pretty sure that when I do the problem is not on my end. I do not get a good signal at work, but I work inside a "clean" room in a factory, so I don't see that as bad or unreasonable. But out of boredom and just hoping for better I installed the Verizon 1.03.09V radio last night. At first I had no data, but I figured out I had to go into connections and reset the Sprint settings. I must say that so far I am a bit excited - I have full bars of voice and data. When I get back to work tomorrow I will report on my results...that will be the true test of any improvement because like I said I haven't really had any reception issues besides that.
Same here krautdog, I installed the Verizon Radio and havent looked back since. Reception here in Colorado Springs is ridiculous to what I used to get in the mountains.

At one point my Rx Power was at -57 outdoors.
Just sick, battery life is great now. Also I'm on the Psiki Final ROM. Havent crashed yet compared to others I have tried.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

That is great to hear. In a rush to work right now but will report back later with more details after one more day at the plant.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, the bottom line is I am glad I installed this radio. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to try it, but that Sprint one I left is their latest and so many people use it I figured I wouldn't do better. The signal in the plant isn't what I would call SIGNIFICANTLY better, but if I leave the phone in one spot it will grab a couple bars and allow me to get online. Everywhere else the signal is stronger than before. I haven't checked RX power and all - don't feel like re-finding out how after so long, besides I didn't record my levels with the old radio to compare. Oh btw I am in the suburbs a few miles east of Buffalo. Glad I made the switch :^}

I will look into Psiki...I am on twisteddan's Goodsense Two and really loving it as well.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Mobile

jokester7 is a n00b

I don't know if this has been answered, but I have a general question about this.

Let's say I have Sprint as my carrier. If I flash the Verizon radio onto my phone, does that mean I'm actually using Verizon's network?

Based on the FAQ, it sounds like this is the case, but if someone could just confirm.

I just wasn't sure if it meant you may just have better performance with the phone, or if you are actually using another network.

Last edited by jokester7; 04-03-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Changes
Old 04-03-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester7 View Post
I don't know if this has been answered, but I have a general question about this.

Let's say I have Sprint as my carrier. If I flash the Verizon radio onto my phone, does that mean I'm actually using Verizon's network?

Based on the FAQ, it sounds like this is the case, but if someone could just confirm.

I just wasn't sure if it meant you may just have better performance with the phone, or if you are actually using another network.
it doesn't change the network you use
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

starymancer is a n00b

I have to take my touch pro in for repairs so I flashed it back to the lastest stock rom (SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6.exe) but still have radio 1.12.34F. Will having radio 1.12.34f void my T.E.P on my phone? I'm having a hard time unlocking my but still yet to try unlocking from the SD card which i though i did to unlock the first time.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starymancer View Post
I have to take my touch pro in for repairs so I flashed it back to the lastest stock rom (SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6.exe) but still have radio 1.12.34F. Will having radio 1.12.34f void my T.E.P on my phone? I'm having a hard time unlocking my but still yet to try unlocking from the SD card which i though i did to unlock the first time.
1.12.34f is the stock radio that is included in that rom. so, you're suppose to have it. just relock your phone now and you'll be good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development