PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boblc123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

hey guys, I'm new to all this. I just flashed my phone for the first time yesterday with the newest version of MightyROM. Now I'm reading about radios and I'm not sure which one I should go with. Here's the current readings from my phone:

current radio: Sprint 1.12.34F
rx power: -91dbm
rx ec/io: 16db
rx fer: 0.00

Are these good readings? I've noticed that I usually get 3 or 4 bars in my apartment but I experience alot of dropped calls. Would you guys make any suggestions for another ROM to try? Or are the readings I"m getting now pretty good?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblc123 View Post
hey guys, I'm new to all this. I just flashed my phone for the first time yesterday with the newest version of MightyROM. Now I'm reading about radios and I'm not sure which one I should go with. Here's the current readings from my phone:

current radio: Sprint 1.12.34F
rx power: -91dbm
rx ec/io: 16db
rx fer: 0.00

Are these good readings? I've noticed that I usually get 3 or 4 bars in my apartment but I experience alot of dropped calls. Would you guys make any suggestions for another ROM to try? Or are the readings I"m getting now pretty good?
just flash a different radio and see if you get better reading and less drop calls. it takes one minute to flash a radio and it doesn't do a hard reset. simple.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Kashmaar is a n00b

Do any of these radios effect the signal strength from bluetooth or wifi? I'd search a little more but I'm on my 6800... I flashed the ROM to twisted, and alltel tank ROM and a PPCKitchen Alltel Rom and my headphones go silent if they are more than 2 feet from the phone. On my 6700 and 6800 I can get almost the full 30 feet of range. Any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmaar View Post
Do any of these radios effect the signal strength from bluetooth or wifi? I'd search a little more but I'm on my 6800... I flashed the ROM to twisted, and alltel tank ROM and a PPCKitchen Alltel Rom and my headphones go silent if they are more than 2 feet from the phone. On my 6700 and 6800 I can get almost the full 30 feet of range. Any thoughts?
it is said that they do, but i've never experienced a difference. it wont hurt to try some different radios to see if it makes a difference for u.

what is most likely the culprit is the bluetooth stack drivers that are being used in the rom

Last edited by razorloves; 04-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Kashmaar is a n00b

Is there a ROM that is suggested for good BT and WIFI signal?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dajeepman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dajeepman

Could their be a reason my Rx Power is -110 dbm
and my Rx Ec/Io 19db?

I have the 1.12.32F Radio.. I thought that upgradeing it from stock would help bu no go for me.

My other crappy phone gets about 3 1/2 to 4 bars
and my touch pro is getting none!!! to may be 1 if i hold it out by the window.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajeepman View Post
Could their be a reason my Rx Power is -110 dbm
and my Rx Ec/Io 19db?

I have the 1.12.32F Radio.. I thought that upgradeing it from stock would help bu no go for me.

My other crappy phone gets about 3 1/2 to 4 bars
and my touch pro is getting none!!! to may be 1 if i hold it out by the window.
there's 12 radios to choose from in the first post. start trying them out and see if any make an improvement
Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bakuub is a n00b

I must be missing something, In the phone dialer I put ##33284# and I get nothing. Am I missing something? I am running Energy Apr 18th ROM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakuub View Post
I must be missing something, In the phone dialer I put ##33284# and I get nothing. Am I missing something? I am running Energy Apr 18th ROM.
it can also be ##33284 talk/send. if that doesn't work, then you need to install this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1247938493
it will make all the ## codes work on your phone
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bakuub is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
it can also be ##33284 talk/send. if that doesn't work, then you need to install this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1247938493
it will make all the ## codes work on your phone
Thanks, it was the cab that I needed. Honestly had no clue this was even an issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development