PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
custom roms don't affect the radio, so it shouldn't make any difference changing the radio. you should ask in the root rom thread. are you sure you're not having the same problem on the stock rom, cause it might be a temporary network or tower problem.
before i flashed his most current rom i never had issues with connections i think i will give my cellular provider a call and see what they say. I think it was really weird though and i have been using custom rom for about a year now on TPs.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro NRG ROM
Carrier: Metro pcs

diligentkane is a n00b

Hello to all . OK I stay in Pomona California and I wasn't getting good coverage out here . My signal was really weak in my apartment . I mean NO BARS . We had a thunder storm yesterday and my signal went through the roof . Even in the bathroom I had 3 to 6 bars , and I haven't even seen 6 bars with Metropcs network . I'm using a verizion radio 1.03.09v I think . I was wondering if Metropcs extended there coverage ? If there is anyone in SoCal then I hope this helps .

Last edited by diligentkane; 02-28-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul/PCC6800
Carrier: cricket

thatrapnerd is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to thatrapnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by elykdogg View Post
is there a radio that will allow me to access 4g speeds on sprint (im stuck on 1x most of the time)? im in lubbock tx
No sprints 4g is WiMax, there is no WiMax phones out yet. And it would not help your voice only data for now
Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

Fred Doolie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
these radio roms that are available in this thread do not change what network or tower you use. Flashing the verizon radio rom will not make your phone use the verizon network or towers.
Then what exactly will it make the phone do? This is so confusing.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Doolie View Post
Then what exactly will it make the phone do? This is so confusing.
these radios affect the way your phone communicates with cell towers. More info in first post.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Lurker

Yes, thank you. I read that post at least five times but I don't get it!
For instance I am currently under contract with Sprint but I'm using a Verizon radio with absolutely no problems.
UNQUOTE
Doesn't a Verizon radio use Verizon's network and towers? If not, why is it a "Verizon" radio?
Sorry to be so dumb. I won't drag this topic on any further; just trying to understand.
Thank you.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Yes, thank you. I read that post at least five times but I don't get it!
For instance I am currently under contract with Sprint but I'm using a Verizon radio with absolutely no problems.
UNQUOTE
Doesn't a Verizon radio use Verizon's network and towers? If not, why is it a "Verizon" radio?
Sorry to be so dumb. I won't drag this topic on any further; just trying to understand.
Thank you.
it's called a verizon radio because it came from a verizon touch pro. That doesn't mean it makes your phone use verizon network. The radio does not determine what network or tower you use. That is controlled by something completely different on your phone.

Last edited by razorloves; 03-11-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker

OK got it. Now I understand. I was all excited because Sprint has horrible coverage out here (2 bars maybe?) and Verizon has massive coverage. I thought I could use the Verizon radio and access the Verizon tower about two blocks from here. Where's the nearest Sprint tower; about 90 miles from here? Seems like it. If I was in El Paso (90 miles from here) I'd have a perfect signal. Oh well. It was too good to be true. Darn darn darn! There's GOT to be a way to get a good signal and the 3G broadband I'm paying for instead of that sloooow 1X! I'll try all the radios anyway just for fun. Couldn't hurt. Thanks again. Maybe I need to hack my SIM card? I dunno.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
OK got it. Now I understand. I was all excited because Sprint has horrible coverage out here (2 bars maybe?) and Verizon has massive coverage. I thought I could use the Verizon radio and access the Verizon tower about two blocks from here. Where's the nearest Sprint tower; about 90 miles from here? Seems like it. If I was in El Paso (90 miles from here) I'd have a perfect signal. Oh well. It was too good to be true. Darn darn darn! There's GOT to be a way to get a good signal and the 3G broadband I'm paying for instead of that sloooow 1X! I'll try all the radios anyway just for fun. Couldn't hurt. Thanks again. Maybe I need to hack my SIM card? I dunno.
sim card? the sprint touch pro is cdma, not gsm. there's no place for a sim card.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Lurker

I haven't looked inside yet. The manual shows a sim card slot...[LOOKS INSIDE THE PHONE] ...Nope! It lies. It lies about the front camera and video-calling features too. Thanks for the clear-up. I'm going to try those radios as soon as I get up some nerve. Too many "I unlocked, flashed and then borked my HTC Touch Pro" messages around these boards. Now I see one that says he has the .40.000 SPL like my phone and totally borked it because of Sprint's new built-in relocker protection or something like that. Maybe I won't flash it until I find a stock original unmodified perfect proven tested Sprint-created stock .40.000 ROM image so I can put it back. I hear that ROM isn't out yet. Shoot, I'll dump mine and upload it if you guys tell me how in simple easy clear hold-my-hand steps. I'll trade you for a ROM that's lean mean and easy on the battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development